ADVERTISEMENT

Jug Bowl Thoughts

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Wow. What a game. It was a thriller on both sides. Packed house at City Stadium. At halftime this game was 3-3. Both teams played good defense. Heritage and Glass came out in the second half scoring points. Would've loved to see a Glass win, but Heritage stepped up big time in the 4th quarter, made adjustments, and wore out a banged up Glass defense. They played hard. Both teams will go far if they continue to work hard, and stay healthy.

Also heard that there were college coaches at this game watching. I saw Liberty Head Coach Turner Gill in the endzone watching intently. Also heard the Heritage CB Chris Megginson was offered by Liberty over the weekend. Great to see college coaches taking a chance on these Lynchburg guys. There are quite a few that are Division 1 guys.

Does Glass have any other option at qb? Kendrick is a water bug and would be awesome in the slot for them, in my opinion. He had zero completions Friday. It was a heck of a game! Congrats to Megginson!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Does Glass have any other option at qb? Kendrick is a water bug and would be awesome in the slot for them, in my opinion. He had zero completions Friday. It was a heck of a game! Congrats to Megginson!

Kendrick is the best Qb on Glass' roster BY FAR. The interception on the first play was not his fault as the receiver dropped the pass. He missed a few throws, but for the most part he held on to the ball for too long. Heritage Secondary did a good job of covering guys. I would've liked to see Glass offense run some shorter pass plays to get the ball out of his hands sooner. Unfortunately penalties and negative yardage put Glass in the position to where they had to run long pass plays.

Kendrick is the best Qb on Glass' roster BY FAR. The interception on the first play was not his fault as the receiver dropped the pass. He missed a few throws, but for the most part he held on to the ball for too long. Heritage Secondary did a good job of covering guys. I would've liked to see Glass offense run some shorter pass plays to get the ball out of his hands sooner. Unfortunately penalties and negative yardage put Glass in the position to where they had to run long pass plays.

Agree with HHS’ secondary. Blake made a heck of a throw, forget what down but left hash going out from the scoreboard and he threw an out route on the far sideline...impressive!

Wow. What a game. It was a thriller on both sides. Packed house at City Stadium. At halftime this game was 3-3. Both teams played good defense. Heritage and Glass came out in the second half scoring points. Would've loved to see a Glass win, but Heritage stepped up big time in the 4th quarter, made adjustments, and wore out a banged up Glass defense. They played hard. Both teams will go far if they continue to work hard, and stay healthy.

Also heard that there were college coaches at this game watching. I saw Liberty Head Coach Turner Gill in the endzone watching intently. Also heard the Heritage CB Chris Megginson was offered by Liberty over the weekend. Great to see college coaches taking a chance on these Lynchburg guys. There are quite a few that are Division 1 guys.
I told you wouldn't be disappointed. The Jug Bowl never disappoints! Glad you had a good first Jug Bowl experience.

Megginson was offered by LU last night.

I picked Heritage but that was just a gut instinct pick I knew this was a 50/50 game. Heritage has a great program and is going to be a major contender every year especially on class 3 level. Glass has a tougher path being in class 4 but certainly has all the makings of being a consistently good program year in and year out. Glad to hear the game was so good!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT