ADVERTISEMENT

King George vs. Patrick Henry Ashland

Who wins?

• King George

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Patrick Henry Ashland

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
I have no idea who to choose in this matchup. I know KG is very explosive but on the other hand PHs gameplan will almost certainly be to take those explosive plays away. Their coach knows how to slow the game down completely an if he has it his way he’ll take a 7-6 win. KG will have to get out early because if this game is close in the 4th I think it’ll favor PH

I will keep my synopsis of this game simple. King George is a real threat to win the region and state title. They are extremely physical and have the athletes to match up with everybody. Their only weakness may be discipline. They do tend to commit a lot of penalties which could be a problem in the playoffs.

The Foxes average 42 points a game and give up 7. That's an impressive mov of +35. QB Zach Ferguson has completed 79 passes for 1,731 yards and 25 tds. That's a whopping 21 yards per completion. Ferguson is also a very capable runner and had a 78 yard TD run last week against Courtland. The Foxes running game is led by Aydin Woolfork. He has rushed for 1,416 yards and 18 tds. I have watched film on this kid and he is a load to bring down. The receiving corps is fast and physical. Their leader is Mekhai White. He has 30 catches for 924 yards (30 yards per catch) and 15 tds. Defensively, King George is led by J. Cox, X. Thompson and C. Wiggins. This defense just doesn't give up much and defends the pass just as well as the run.

Patrick Henry is very physical as well. They tend to utilize a lot of designed quarterback runs and like to control the clock. The Patriots will pass, but that's not their strength. My main concern is they have employed three different quarterbacks this season and have been very inconsistent. I tried, but was not able to secure stats for the Patriots. They do average 27 points a game and give up 21 for a mov of +6.

PH will not quit in this game and will make King George earn every point. I just don't think the Patriots have the horses to match up with Foxes. King George 35-7.

If there will be any upsets this week, this one is number 1 on my list. PH has been deep in the playoffs the past few years. Beat Louisa, Dinwiddie and came very very close to sending Varina home last year. King George has an excellent skill group but I don’t know how much competition they’ve seen this year.

If there will be any upsets this week, this one is number 1 on my list. PH has been deep in the playoffs the past few years. Beat Louisa, Dinwiddie and came very very close to sending Varina home last year. King George has an excellent skill group but I don’t know how much competition they’ve seen this year.
Good stuff @BoKnowsSports. I agree about the competition factor, but King George has become a consistent presence in the Region B playoffs. I cannot disagree with PH's playoff success, so you may be on to something. I have studied King George well and everytime I watch them I come away impressed. If PH brings the consistency of the past few years and this years Varina game then I would say they have a chance.

I believe KG has a pretty good team but looking at their weak schedule it is hard to determine how go they really are. PH on the hand has played a very competitive schedule and almost beat a good Varina team. I believe PH schedule will help them pull off this upset, albeit a close victory. KG looked like they were a top tier team last year and got the brakes beat off of them by Varina. SOS really matters

Good stuff @BoKnowsSports. I agree about the competition factor, but King George has become a consistent presence in the Region B playoffs. I cannot disagree with PH's playoff success, so you may be on to something. I have studied King George well and everytime I watch them I come away impressed. If PH brings the consistency of the past few years and this years Varina game then I would say they have a chance.
Yes sir, we played KG last year in 7 on 7 and those two WRs are game changers. They have the same kind of athleticism as the Highland Springs’ kids have (hopefully Hoosprings don’t bite my head off) and they have some big boys. I was shocked to find out that a lot of their kids aren’t even from that area. I know it’s a military base close by and a lot of families move from Fredericksburg.

Yes sir, we played KG last year in 7 on 7 and those two WRs are game changers. They have the same kind of athleticism as the Highland Springs’ kids have (hopefully Hoosprings don’t bite my head off) and they have some big boys. I was shocked to find out that a lot of their kids aren’t even from that area. I know it’s a military base close by and a lot of families move from Fredericksburg.
lol….those 2 WRs ARE next level talent. I wish UVA was getting one or both of them. KG reminds me of the old Hampton and Phoebus teams,getting players from the Navy base.

Reactions: FoxesPride
I believe KG has a pretty good team but looking at their weak schedule it is hard to determine how go they really are. PH on the hand has played a very competitive schedule and almost beat a good Varina team. I believe PH schedule will help them pull off this upset, albeit a close victory. KG looked like they were a top tier team last year and got the brakes beat off of them by Varina. SOS really matters
Varina had 221 yards of total offense against us. We had 6 turnovers and they scored a TD in the final minute against a bunch of backups when they should have been taking a knee. I do agree that it would have been nice for Massaponax, Lafayette, and the entire Battlefield to challenge us, but we can't control that.

Is King George disciplined enough to win it all though? I haven't seen any games this year and just got back to the States on Saturday after being abroad. So I literally don't know the answer to this. I now have five weeks to cram in a season's worth of high school football so I will be going to several games. Can't wait until Thursday night.

But back to my original question. I ask this because I watched King George twice last season. I watched them against Spotsylvania and against Varina. In both games, they committed several unnecessary penalties and made bad in-play decisions. In addition, the receivers had multiple drops.

Has King George cleaned this up this year?

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
lol….those 2 WRs ARE next level talent. I wish UVA was getting one or both of them. KG reminds me of the old Hampton and Phoebus teams,getting players from the Navy base.
That's hilarious. Not defending any improper influx of kids, but If you are referring to the Navy base in Norfolk feeding the schools in Hampton, why stop there...should we say all of the good 757 teams have been getting studs from military families?

I said it when I finally got to see them a month or so ago - and I'll say it again - When KG is on, they're one of the most dynamic, impressive teams I've seen in any classification in several years.

Is King George disciplined enough to win it all though? I haven't seen any games this year and just got back to the States on Saturday after being abroad. So I literally don't know the answer to this. I now have five weeks to cram in a season's worth of high school football so I will be going to several games. Can't wait until Thursday night.

But back to my original question. I ask this because I watched King George twice last season. I watched them against Spotsylvania and against Varina. In both games, they committed several unnecessary penalties and made bad in-play decisions. In addition, the receivers had multiple drops.

Has King George cleaned this up this year?
No

FoxesPride, all our best from myself and Bleeding Navy for a good game and no injuries. If fate should have it, and KG and Dinwiddie get to meet, we look forward to the pleasure of your company.

OCBoy, are your commitments going to allow you to catch any playoff games?

How about you BoKnows? Whats the first game that you are going to be able to come up and watch? And you are in our thoughts as we know that this is the time of the season that you and your good buddy Hoos really loved to enjoy the games. His beloved Lions have got an excellent chance to make it to LU, and I’m sure that he is providing divine assistance.

Last edited:
FoxesPride, all our best from myself and Bleeding Navy for a good game and no injuries. If fate should have it, and KG and Dinwiddie get to meet, we look forward to the pleasure of your company.

How about you BoKnows? Whats the first game that you are going to be able to come up and watch? And you are in our thoughts as we know that this is the time of the season that you and your good buddy Hoos really loved to enjoy the games. His beloved Lions have got an excellent chance to make it to LU, and I’m sure that he is providing divine assistance.
I was planning to visit KG for the first time tonight, but that might not happen. If it doesn't, DP you may have to save me a seat if KG and Dinwiddie advance and meet.

Varina had 221 yards of total offense against us. We had 6 turnovers and they scored a TD in the final minute against a bunch of backups when they should have been taking a knee. I do agree that it would have been nice for Massaponax, Lafayette, and the entire Battlefield to challenge us, but we can't control that.
Wasn't it a 6 point game at the beginning of the fourth quarter at Lafayette?

Wasn't it a 6 point game at the beginning of the fourth quarter at Lafayette?
Probably, I don't think they had a first down in the first half and only a few in the 2nd half. They returned a kickoff for a TD and scored on mostly JV kids at the end. The game was never really in doubt, we dominated everywhere but on the scoreboard... This is what @Lafayette had to say after the game: "KG 27-13 over Lafayette. If not for massive penalties by KG it would have been a blowout. Excellent offense, great defense."

Last edited:
Wow. That is magnified come playoff time.

If Salem and Louisa meet then I plan to be there.

I am curious to see how KG does in the playoffs. They have faced only 2 opponents with a winning record this year. Lafayette (9-1) and EV (8-2). Those were also their two closest games with an average margin of victory of 12.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT