ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa at Dinwiddie

Who wins

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • Louisa

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure it's Friday. And yes... we plan on leaving Maryland around 11:00 am. lol.. Don't wanna take any chances!!!!
If traffic is so bad that leaving at 11:00 can't get you here by kickoff, you and your wife would not be in a frame of mind to enjoy the game. Can we say "road rage on steroids"?

Travel safe my friend, we look forward to seeing you again.

There is no deal. Come early and park closer, come early and get the best seat. Same as anybody's field.
Ok. In one of the earlier posts it mentioned something about getting a parking spot. I know that Louisa will travel well and I'm sure the Dinwiddie faithful will be out in full force so just wanted to plan accordingly.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Come early is the secret. Ticket gates open at 5:00 pm. I don't know that getting there at 5:00 is necessary, but I would try to be to the parking lot by 6:00. The entrance to the parking area just gets clustered by 6:30. That is the primary slowdown.

I can only assume that Louisa will pre-sell tickets. And you can get tickets on-line. I will post the on-line direct link as soon as I can.

We have excellent modern restrooms. Our concession stand is very good, but like everybody's, the bigger the crowd, the later in the game, the longer the lines.

Last edited:
I didn’t see any issues with parking or seating. Arrive at 6 and everything works out

Come early is the secret. Ticket gates open at 5:00 pm. I don't know that getting ther at 5:00 is necessary, but I would try to be to the parking lot by 6:00. The entrance to the parking area just gets clustered by 6:30. That is the primary slowdown.

I can only assume that Louisa will pre-sell tickets. And you can get tickets on-line. I will post the on-line direct link as soon as I can.

We have excellent modern restrooms. Our concession stand is very good, but like everybody's, the bigger the crowd, the later in the game, the longer the lines.
I know your PA man is looking forward to meeting many old friends. Will you be in the press box if yes what time. I would like to say hello.

Does the winner of this game host the group 4 semifinal game? I think so since Dinwiddie and Louisa are 1-2 in the power ratings.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I'm pretty sure Region A hosts. My understanding is home team and pairings rotate and A and C host this year.

No sir, you must have missed a number of threads over the previous few months. The VHSL clarified that throughout the playoffs, higher final season Power Points host every game played, within the region, state semi final, and state final games.

I know your PA man is looking forward to meeting many old friends. Will you be in the press box if yes what time. I would like to say hello.
It gets pretty busy in the press booth by 6:30. I suggest that any of any of you Louisa fans that would like to say hi to Chuck, or any of us Preps members, stop by the press booth between 5:30 and 6:30. Thanks, and we look forward to meeting you.

Reactions: Louisadad
No sir, you must have missed a number of threads over the previous few months. The VHSL clarified that throughout the playoffs, higher final season Power Points host every game played, within the region, state semi final, and state final games.
My apologies. The VHSL website still says A hosts.

Reactions: Gen54
Oh, I know. This thing went around and around for weeks. The VHSL sent out emails to the member schools clarifying what they "intended". Unfortunately, they didn't bother to issue any type of public press release.

And, as you said, they have not edited the Handbook to clarify their intentions.

Their letters to the member schools stated which region that would host in all other contest would be as currently stated, A host B and C host D.

Last edited:
Oh, I know. This thing went around and around for weeks. The VHSL sent out emails to the member schools clarifying what they "intended". Unfortunately, they didn't bother to issue any type of public press release.

And, as you said, they have not edited the Handbook to clarify their intentions.

Their letters to the member schools stated which region would host in all other contest would be as currently stated, A host B and C host D.

There was no press release like there should've been, but they did post the playoff format on the website at least. Here it is.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_7KGbWzA0LxX0VrYkdwVU5jeXc/preview?rm=minimal

Football more important than shopping :).

I imagine unless there is major travel, teams want to be on same routine as all season
Screw shopping. Traffic in this end of the state that night is a nightmare. Our season we had 4 Thursday nite and 1 Saturday nite game. Nothing sacred about Friday.

Last edited:
Visitors seating is bad. So low to the ground hard to see well. Last year I took our bus to avoid parking.

I have to agree that the visitor seating is low. And we apologize for that. We have that on the list of improvements we want to see, but we will almost have to sneak that in on the backs of something else. Asking for money to raise the visitors bleachers is not going to get an, "ok sure, how much money do you need?"

Again, this is another reason to get to the game early and grab you a seat on the top couple of rows.

Screw shopping. Traffic in this end of the state that night is a nightmare. Our season we had 4 Thursday nite and 1 Saturday nite game. Nothing sacred about Friday.

Well I dont know about your area of course, but most coaches do like to have the same routines.

I would also think that even with it being Black Friday, Friday's usually do better gate, at least around here. People have "better" things to do on weekends. To me there is nothing better.

One last thing with black friday, most of the shopping is now done Thursday night and Friday morning

Visitors seating is bad. So low to the ground hard to see well. Last year I took our bus to avoid parking.

Lafayette, do you ever do anything other than complain? You complain about grass fields, you complain about driving, low stands, playing on friday nights and anything else you can find. This is not about you. The regional groups make the decisions based on vhsl rules. Games can play on Friday or Saturday (if teams agree), but its not about one miserable man from Willismsburg desires.

We know how your school does it and what your school has. Turf field, but guess what. You share it and have to play on thursdays, fridays and saturdays. Whats so great about that?

Last year you complained about driving to Dinwiddie. Now its driving to Suffolk. I got it. vhsl needs to play every playoff game in Williamsburg so one miserable man is content.

Well I dont know about your area of course, but most coaches do like to have the same routines.

I would also think that even with it being Black Friday, Friday's usually do better gate, at least around here. People have "better" things to do on weekends. To me there is nothing better.

One last thing with black friday, most of the shopping is now done Thursday night and Friday morning
Yes, keeping with a routine is extremely important to Dinwiddie.
The semi-final on Saturday does pretty good at the gate, but if it was an earlier round, not so much. With each passing round, fewer and fewer games are played, so many fans make a trip somewhere to see a game. That helps prop up the attendance that might otherwise be poor.

Like you Gunz, they could play at 2:00 am on Tuesday morning, in a cow pasture with car lights, and I would probably go. I like high school football, and football friends. Very little, will I let interfere with that.

Lafayette, do you ever do anything other than complain? You complain about grass fields, you complain about driving, low stands, playing on friday nights and anything else you can find. This is not about you. The regional groups make the decisions based on vhsl rules. Games can play on Friday or Saturday (if teams agree), but its not about one miserable man from Willismsburg desires.

We know how your school does it and what your school has. Turf field, but guess what. You share it and have to play on thursdays, fridays and saturdays. Whats so great about that?

Last year you complained about driving to Dinwiddie. Now its driving to Suffolk. I got it. vhsl needs to play every playoff game in Williamsburg so one miserable man is content.

Shots fired:eek:

I like and respect you Lafayette, but you have been pretty harsh on the circumstances that are just part of the high school game and in particular, by proxy, negative about the facilities at Dinwiddie.

Yeah, we don't have a modern stadium like you enjoy down there, no turf, no super nice stands on both sides of the field, no acres of paved parking. But we are not guilty of anything either. As economics permit, we improve our facilities. It's not like we don't recognize our needs and ignore them.

So tomorrow starts the beginning of on field preparations for these two teams. Louisa had a very impressive win last Friday over a sound Monacan team while Dinwiddie edged a very underappreciated and talented EV.

Both teams like to run the ball and force the other team to stop it. Louisa, has a ton of weapons in the backfield and have proven they can throw it effectively to keep you guessing. Dinwiddie, is a bit more balanced offensively (pass -run), but will keep it on the ground if its working.

Both quarterbacks (Pope and Bell) have been on fire of late and will easily draw the most attention from their opponents.

The running backs Whalen (Louisa) and Sturdivant (Dinwiddie) can bust one at anytime. Both teams have other backs who carry the mail well too.

Both teams have highly recruited linebackers who could likely play a major role in this game.

Can Dinwiddie's defense slow down the Louisa's run game and force them into passing situations? Can Louisa's defense defend Dinwiddies passing game and limit Sturdivant to minimmal yardage on the ground?

Dinwiddie has contained the run well in the last 9 games, but the beef of Louisa concerns me. It will take a strong effort from the front seven to keep Louisa from controlling the clock. The secondary has to be ready for the pass and also offer support on the backside. Forcing a few punts would help the cause.

Louisa, must defend the run between the tackles without loading up the box. Their secondary is their nemesis, but is capable. Giving Pope time to find receivers will be important.

This game could evolve into a battle of wills. Who wants it more?

Last edited:

My, my such disparaging comments about me! So much hatred over HS football games being played. Oh well! Was hoping this weeks games would accommodate the VT/UVA also on Friday at 8 Pm.

No hate. Especially not over football. I posted this way before our last discussion on the other thread. Just dont understand why you complain so much. Not everyone has the financial resources to do the extra things. Books, computers and staffing are far more important than lavish stands and turf. Its all good. Any fan can opt to stay home on the couch if the amenities are not pleasing.

Reactions: gwb16 and Gunz41
So tomorrow starts the beginning of on field preparations for these two teams. Louisa had a very impressive win last Friday over a sound Monacan team while Dinwiddie edged a very underappreciated and talented EV.

Both teams like to run the ball and force the other team to stop it. Louisa, has a ton of weapons in the backfield and have proven they can throw it effectively to keep you guessing. Dinwiddie, is a bit more balanced offensively (pass -run), but will keep it on the ground if its working.

Both quarterbacks (Pope and Bell) have been on fire of late and will easily draw the most attention from their opponents.

The running backs Whalen (Louisa) and Sturdivant (Dinwiddie) can bust one at anytime. Both teams have other backs who carry the mail well too.

Both teams have a highly recruited linebackers who could likely play a major role in this game.

Can Dinwiddie's defense slow down the Louisa's run game and force them into passing situations? Can Louisa's defense defend Dinwiddies passing game and limit Sturdivant to minimmal yardage on the ground?

Dinwiddie has contained the run well in the last 9 games, but the beef of Louisa concerns me. It will take a strong effort from the front seven to keep Louisa from controlling the clock. The secondary has to be ready for the pass and also offer support on the backside. Forcing a few punts would help the cause.

Louisa, must defend the run between the tackles without loading up the box. Their secondary is their nemesis, but is capable. Giving Pope time to find receivers will be important.

This game could evolve into a battle of wills. Who wants it more?
Agree 100%, Very well said Navy! Who will have the #wantto on Black Friday!!!

Thank you sir. Again, I may regret it , but I have wanted this game for years. Friday, cant come soon enough. Both fan bases will be fired up and provide an electric environment. No war of words coming from my end. Totally focussed on making this game the best experience I can for both fan bases. Concessions, tickets, announcer, sound system, field maintence, parking, media and anything else is being reviewed. Drive careful Lions fans.

No hate. Especially not over football. I posted this way before our last discussion on the other thread. Just dont understand why you complain so much. Not everyone has the financial resources to do the extra things. Books, computers and staffing are far more important than lavish stands and turf. Its all good. Any fan can opt to stay home on the couch if the amenities are not pleasing.
I really do understand believe it or not. Five years ago before Wanner Stadium we played at our Cooley field, grass field with visitor stands the worst in all of Tidewater. When Liberty came down here for the playoffs in 2001, their ton of fans could not even find enough seats. I was embarrassed for us as a host. Believe me your current facilities are way better than our old Cooley field. At one end extra points went onto the nearby road some of the time. I admit I probably complain too much. My night vision is so bad now and I drive myself I worry too much. Apologies for the negative vibes. Damn I wish I was 50 again!

Reactions: Gen54
I am 52 and cant see well at night either. If we both are lucky enough to make it to the semis I may be able to get you someone to ride with to Dinwiddie. No hard feelings. We are trying hard to upgrade things. One thing at a time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT