ADVERTISEMENT

Maury - Stone Bridge

SBOEDog

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2019
Maury comes into this game undefeated at 14-0 and seemingly having their way with everyone. Extremely hard to find any gaps in their roster and they appear to be on a mission for the title this year after falling to Highland Springs last year in the Class 5 Championship game. Stone Bridge heads to UVA with a 9-4 record and their 12th State Championship appearance in 24 years under Coach Thompson. The two teams have split their previous 2 state title matchups. Will Maury continue their dominant run this year and cap it off with the Class 5 title or will Stone Bridge play spoiler and end their remarkable season on a sour note? Logic tells me this will be an uphill battle for the Bulldogs. Thoughts on how this game plays out….

Maury comes into this game undefeated at 14-0 and seemingly having their way with everyone. Extremely hard to find any gaps in their roster and they appear to be on a mission for the title this year after falling to Highland Springs last year in the Class 5 Championship game. Stone Bridge heads to UVA with a 9-4 record and their 12th State Championship appearance in 24 years under Coach Thompson. The two teams have split their previous 2 state title matchups. Will Maury continue their dominant run this year and cap it off with the Class 5 title or will Stone Bridge play spoiler and end their remarkable season on a sour note? Logic tells me this will be an uphill battle for the Bulldogs. Thoughts on how this game plays out….
I will say this game will be played closely in the first half but Maury will eventually pull away in the second half. The defense and offensive fire power will be too much eventually. But for SB I would say don't get down 2 scores where they are forced to go fully spread because that's when maury will definitely tee off on them if that happens and the game becomes a blow out. Also I expect due to the outcome and extra chatter from the last game maury will definitely keep the foot on the gas all game no matter how much they are ahead.

Stone Bridge needs to clean up some of the penalties they had against Matoaca.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT