ADVERTISEMENT

Maury vs Highland Springs!

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
I think we are going to have a whale of a game next week!! I want to welcome Maury and Coach McCain to Highland Springs! Bring your fans, bring your families, we are a welcoming bunch here, we have a great concessions program and can't wait for your challenge! I'm going to open with my prediction.
Without details or answering why's...
HSHS 42 MAURY 14

Last edited:
Reactions: Twan804 and CRF4Dan
Yep, Maury folks, you'll have a great time at Highland Springs. The only thing not fun about it now-a-days is playing the Springers, lol. Good folks there, good time.
HSHS 45 - Maury 7

Reactions: HooSprings
Yep, Maury folks, you'll have a great time at Highland Springs. The only thing not fun about it now-a-days is playing the Springers, lol. Good folks there, good time.
HSHS 45 - Maury 7
...and we will be tailgating across Beal St. at the Practice Field! Come early and stay late! Enjoy the food and the good times!!

Reactions: Herm95
I think we are going to have a whale of a game next week!! I want to welcome Maury and Coach McCain to Highland Springs! Bring your fans, bring your families, we are a welcoming bunch here, we have a great concessions program and can't wait for your challenge! I'm going to open with my prediction.
Without details or answering why's...
HSHS 42 MAURY 14

.Is this game being played Friday night at 7 or Saturday

I think this game will be alot closer than many think. I recently moved from Glen Allen and have followed the Springers and their great athletes in recent years but I am a 757 native and one thing I do know is there are some great athletes in this area also. HSHS is elite if not the best in VA but this will not be easy. I watched Maury literally outwork and outplay a very strong Indian River team. I don't see Maury being intimidated whatsoever. I'll give HSHS the edge on this one tho.

Reactions: springer76
Now they are calling for rain Saturday. Great! Mother Nature, COME ON!!!!!!!
They are calling for rain Friday AND Saturday in the RVA. No escaping it. Gotta play in the rain. Simply saying,both teams are gonna have to deal with a wet,muddy field,and ball security will be at a premium. The field was already soft. Now,it will be a mud hole by halftime. Both teams are built on speed,and a good mixture of the run/pass spread offense,so a wet field may force a little more ball control power football.

The Current Richmond area 10 day forecast is calling for 40% scattered showers for Friday evening. Saturday, increasing clouds with a 60% chance of rain by late afternoon and evening..
Hopefully, with this forecast, the rain Saturday will hold off until the game is over or nearly over!!
Let's pray to the Gods to delay the rain! For the fans and the players & coaches!!!
To me, 40%-60% is the average of 50% which is maybe or maybe not! This forecast is sitting on the fence!

I think this game will be alot closer than many think. I recently moved from Glen Allen and have followed the Springers and their great athletes in recent years but I am a 757 native and one thing I do know is there are some great athletes in this area also. HSHS is elite if not the best in VA but this will not be easy. I watched Maury literally outwork and outplay a very strong Indian River team. I don't see Maury being intimidated whatsoever. I'll give HSHS the edge on this one tho.
“The edge”?! Lol...HSHS is at least 2 touchdowns better than ANY team that Maury has seen all year,and probably 2 scores better than any team in the state. It’s the best Defense I’ve EVER seen led by the best secondary in the state. They just simply DON’T give up points(#1 scoring defense in the state). Their offense(also #1 in the state)has been unstoppable. Best team I’ve seen since the Ronald Curry led Hampton team. Simply put...35-14 and that’s only if HSHS gives up a late,meaningless score.

If you haven’t seen anything this good,how do you know if you’re even any match. HSHS is GONNA score! There’s nothing Maury can do to stop that. Question is,can Maury score more than once?! Gonna be a fun,muddy(very soft grass field),rainy day of football. Come on to the RVA where the Champs are waiting for another 757 challenger.

The Current Richmond area 10 day forecast is calling for 40% scattered showers for Friday evening. Saturday, increasing clouds with a 60% chance of rain by late afternoon and evening..
Hopefully, with this forecast, the rain Saturday will hold off until the game is over or nearly over!!
Let's pray to the Gods to delay the rain! For the fans and the players & coaches!!!
To me, 40%-60% is the average of 50% which is maybe or maybe not! This forecast is sitting on the fence!
The HSHS field was already saturated and soft Friday vs Henrico. It will be far worse when Saturday gets here. Both teams have a good running game,and both are able to play a control passing game. Both will look for the big play,quick scores off the short plays with broken tackles. SpTms will be a premium too.

“The edge”?! Lol...HSHS is at least 2 touchdowns better than ANY team that Maury has seen all year,and probably 2 scores better than any team in the state. It’s the best Defense I’ve EVER seen led by the best secondary in the state. They just simply DON’T give up points(#1 scoring defense in the state). Their offense(also #1 in the state)has been unstoppable. Best team I’ve seen since the Ronald Curry led Hampton team. Simply put...35-14 and that’s only if HSHS gives up a late,meaningless score.

If you haven’t seen anything this good,how do you know if you’re even any match. HSHS is GONNA score! There’s nothing Maury can do to stop that. Question is,can Maury score more than once?! Gonna be a fun,muddy(very soft grass field),rainy day of football. Come on to the RVA where the Champs are waiting for another 757 challenger.
Outscoring their opponents 631-45 in 13 games. 45 points allowed all year is saying this defense is for real!

There the best defensive team I have ever seen not that I am that old or anything. Haha maybe the 08 Phoebus defense was just as good they were nasty!

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
There the best defensive team I have ever seen not that I am that old or anything. Haha maybe the 08 Phoebus defense was just as good they were nasty!
The Starting defense has only given up 2 TDs the entire season. That’s 12pts all year(13games). That’s a dominating,nasty D! Phoebus was great too. I’ve been around for a while now,and this HSHS D is the definition of dominance!

Reactions: CHUKNOW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT