ADVERTISEMENT

Most Dynamic player in your region

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
Who is the most dynamic player in each region? Not necessarily the best football player but who is that athlete that is capable of scoring a TD any time they touch the ball whether it’s offense, defense, or special teams?

I’m not as familiar with the other regions but for 4D I have a three way tie...

Ty’quist Terry-Blacksburg
Frank Ross-Amherst
DreSean Kendrick- EC Glass

TJ Washington - Sherando
JoJo Doleman - Sherando
Savon Smith -Sherando
And I am going to throw this one out there ,
Will Hall TE Sherando, who has ballooned to about 6’-5 225. He will have a good year this year, and will out jump most defenders .

TJ Washington - Sherando
JoJo Doleman - Sherando
Savon Smith -Sherando
And I am going to throw this one out there ,
Will Hall TE Sherando, who has ballooned to about 6’-5 225. He will have a good year this year, and will out jump most defenders .
I sense a little bias in this list;)

Last edited:
Who is the most dynamic player in each region? Not necessarily the best football player but who is that athlete that is capable of scoring a TD any time they touch the ball whether it’s offense, defense, or special teams?

Frank Ross-Amherst
Frank Ross is so pumped. One Glass player wrote on Facebook and he said the one player he was worried about was Ross

Reactions: Panther80ram
Well here is the 757 bias.

Tayvion Robinson last season, as a junior, he took an average Cox HS football team and took O. Smith to OT in the first round of the 6A South playoffs. Then he actually overcame an O. Smith basketball team that was capable of winning the State Tournament. His last second full court drive & basket was an amazing thing to watch.

He has committed to Virginia Tech. Robinson was The VA Pilot’s 2017-18 Male High School Athlete of the Year as a Junior. Junior's who win this award typically are playing pro sports when they come from the 757!

It's going to be an exciting year out here this year. There are a lot of kids that have Big 5 Div 1 talent in the 19, 20 & 21 year classes! Unlike previous years they aren't heavily concentrated at just 1 or 2 schools.

Reactions: ForksUp

Tayvion Robinson last season, as a junior, he took an average Cox HS football team and took O. Smith to OT in the first round of the 6A South playoffs. Then he actually overcame an O. Smith basketball team that was capable of winning the State Tournament. His last second full court drive & basket was an amazing thing to watch.

He has committed to Virginia Tech. Robinson was The VA Pilot’s 2017-18 Male High School Athlete of the Year as a Junior. Junior's who win this award typically are playing pro sports when they come from the 757!

It's going to be an exciting year out here this year. There are a lot of kids that have Big 5 Div 1 talent in the 19, 20 & 21 year classes! Unlike previous years they aren't heavily concentrated at just 1 or 2 schools.

Wow that is a raving review. Are they going to have enough outside of him to be a real threat? Or is he just that much of a difference maker to get Cox over the hump and past the first round of the playoffs? What’s your take.

Region 4B

1. Jarett Hunter
2. Matt Lowry
3. Peety Pope

In that order.

Jarret’s stock has skyrocketed recently from your perspective. You feel like you have a game changer over their in Mineral I see. What have you seen recently that has him catapulted to the top and everyone so excited in Lion country? Hard to imagine anybody could be above Peety but I’m not knocking you. As I always say, your suppose to believe in your guys! The JD is getting more interesting to me. Any other teams in the JD that might make any noise?

@mbonape1 Hunter has already made a bunch of great plays at QB, RB, WR, CB, KR/PR, and now has been killing it at safety this preseason. You can't really get more "dynamic" than that. Three good teams in Brookville, Grassfield and Appo have tested him.

I'm not sure who will step up in the JD. Everyone graduated key players and/or lost them to transfer.

Reactions: mbonape1
@mbonape1 Hunter has already made a bunch of great plays at QB, RB, WR, CB, KR/PR, and now has been killing it at safety this preseason. You can't really get more "dynamic" than that. Three good teams in Brookville, Grassfield and Appo have tested him.

I'm not sure who will step up in the JD. Everyone graduated key players and/or lost them to transfer.

C’ville holds no weight in your mind? How do you think they look?

I meant I'm not sure who will step up besides the main suspects Louisa and Cville. I think Cville has the potential to be better than last year, but they lost last year's engine, Sam Neale at QB, who ran the triple option like a machine. It remains to be seen how Daimon Washington does at QB until he proves himself.

Frank Ross-Amherst
1. Frank Ross- Amherst
2. Carlos Poole- GW
3. DreSean Kendrick- Glass
4. Ty’quist Terry- Blacksburg
5. Jacob Hackworth- JF

Wow that is a raving review. Are they going to have enough outside of him to be a real threat? Or is he just that much of a difference maker to get Cox over the hump and past the first round of the playoffs? What’s your take.

Cox plays very disciplined, usually error free football. There are some other talented players on Cox's team. But, I'd say they'll be another very tough, lower seed team that will be a dangerous opponent in the playoffs. I don't see them getting very far given that they'll be a lower seed.

Robinson is a crazy talent.

Comron is pretty dang good to though. Him almost returning that last kickoff against Kings Fork was gut wrenching!!

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Robinson is a crazy talent.

Comron is pretty dang good to though. Him almost returning that last kickoff against Kings Fork was gut wrenching!!

I agree. It's gonna be a Robinson / Kelly show this year in the 757. I think there's gonna be some new names this year, too.

I agree. It's gonna be a Robinson / Kelly show this year in the 757. I think there's gonna be some new names this year, too.

TB for Salem and LT are gonna make a major impact and I agree I think we see a few new names have their coming out party

Reactions: ForksUp
5-5 would be a great year! Not sure how anyone can see them winning anymore than 6 games in any given year for years to come.

Biggest thing, they have some skilled players, but have no depth.

Looks like a 4-6 year ... maybe 5-5. Not knocking anyone, just the facts.

9/1//2018 Harrisonburg 1:00

9/7/2018 @ Clarke County 7:00

9/14/2018 @ Skyline 7:00

9/22/2018 Kettle Run 1:00

9/28/2018 @ Fauquier 7:00

10/6/2018 Millbrook 1:00

10/13/2018 Liberty 1:00

10/19/2018 @ Sherando 7:00

10/26/2018 @ James Wood 7:00

5-5 would be a great year! Not sure how anyone can see them winning anymore than 6 games in any given year for years to come.

Biggest thing, they have some skilled players, but have no depth.

Looks like a 4-6 year ... maybe 5-5. Not knocking anyone, just the facts.

9/1//2018 Harrisonburg 1:00

9/7/2018 @ Clarke County 7:00

9/14/2018 @ Skyline 7:00

9/22/2018 Kettle Run 1:00

9/28/2018 @ Fauquier 7:00

10/6/2018 Millbrook 1:00

10/13/2018 Liberty 1:00

10/19/2018 @ Sherando 7:00

10/26/2018 @ James Wood 7:00
All of their home games are on Saturdays at 1pm? Does Handley not have lights?

@VolNation85 no they do not have lights, but it's still a great place to watch a game with a unique setting. The stadium is right in front of the school. It's on my bucket list of stadiums to visit.

9244034_87ce0435267c457596dfd5a75e3cb28d.png

Region 4B

1. Jarett Hunter
2. Matt Lowry
3. Peety Pope

In that order.

In that order huh? I will not say anything negative about Lowry as I have seen him play very well at the qb position, nor can I judge Hunter based on what I have seen of him.

What I can do is offer the following evidence for the returning 1st team All State Qb. Pope had 2992 total yards last year. He threw for 1949 yards with 19 tds and rushed for 1043 with 16 tds.

Against the state final teams Lousia and Salem he 34/52 473 yards 4 tds. (224 Salem 249 Louisa) passing and rushed for
219 yards with 2 tds (185 Salem 36 Louisa).Thats 692 yards with 6 combined touchdowns.

One more example Lowry (EV) had an unreal passing game versus Dinwiddie. He gets my props, but he did not ouplay Pope. Peety was 15/24 for 164 passing and rushed 20 times for 163 yards and 3 touchdowns. Thats 327 yards total.

Hoos, you deservedly raised a ruckus when Bell was devalued and have indicated DP motivated him. Peety does not read preps, nor does he need to read any post on this forum for motivation, but you obviously dont respect his game. He has gotten bigger, stronger and faster and just like Bell has something to prove.

Third amongst your list? Not a chance and he will be playing both ways. May not only be one of the best qb's in the state, but one of the top safeties in the state as well. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: mike salem
I respect Pope's game and he's a great QB. I was just more impressed with how a very inexperienced Lowry went from having a cakewalk regular season and not having to do too much, to making a bunch of big time plays on the ground and through the air against such a good defense like Dinwiddie's, with no running game to help him, and at his size. I really liked his ability to create on the fly with low experience.

Last edited:
Good points, but Pope was a first year starter as well. Lowry passed very well against Dinwiddie, but did not run the ball as you insist. Two teams/players ran on Dinwiddie (Bell, Louisa) and (Ramsey, Salem) period.

You listed last years 1st team qb as the third best, so yeah you dissed him. Pope was the 2nd best offensive player/quarterback on the field when Louisa played Dinwiddie last year I get it, but it took Bell 4 years to have that unreal season. Pope damn near hit 3000 total yards and 35 tds in 1 year as a starter. With a solid o line and sound receivers returning I dont think he is going to have an off season.

Doesnt really matter. What we think has no bearing on what these young men will or will not do. Besides what honor or glory do we get by saying "I told you so" or winning an argument. Not going to get worked up over this mess anymore.

Reactions: Gen54
Well Bell split time with others at QB his sophomore and junior years, and didn't play full time until last year. He also never had as talented a group of receivers as Dinwiddie.

But the point of the thread is "most dynamic player", not "best QB". I have Jarett Hunter #1 because, as stated before, he's already done so much at so many positions, and as a sophomore. He fits the true meaning of dynamic. If D'Ago was back, he'd hands down be #1. It's not a real knock on Pope, I just think the region is stacked with dynamic talent. I know Pope can play multiple positions too, he just hasn't had the opportunity to show it yet.

Reactions: VolNation85
I get you its not the players we differ on its the definition of dynamic. I was using the noun version of dynamic. "A force that stimulates/causes change". Pope forces teams to change their defensive approach. Not saying he cant or will not, but I am not sure Hunter has done that yet. Brandon Smith, Kendrick from EC Glass and Carlos Poole from GW are a few players that currently fit the noun version of dynamic.

Based on your facts he is obviously diverse and appears to be the adjective form of "dynamic". Look forward to seeing this young man play. With the lofty expectations you have laid on him he must be special.

I was using volnation's definition of dynamic in the first post, and that's how I feel about the term as well. And we're not certain if Hunter will play QB yet, because both he and the kid from Florida have done pretty well so far this preseason. The scrimmages should show a lot. I'm thinking if the other kid plays QB, Hunter will be able to assume the same, D'Ago type role as last year, moving all over the field on offense, playing safety on defense, and returning kicks/punts. Remember, against your guys last year, Hunter had a few nice runs, caught a crucial long 3rd or 4th down pass, and had a few sound tackles and pass breakups at CB. Against Salem, he did a great job against Viante Tucker, and nearly returned a kickoff to the house.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken Lowry only plays one position correct? Pope is the most dynamic player in 4A, and the Poole brothers are not far behind. Hunter has not done much of anything yet? Maybe because Louisa was loaded with talent last year and he was a hidden gem. We shall see if he is as dynamic as you say.

@FridayNightLights60 well I posted this 16 min highlight video before, but this is Hunter last season. It includes the Chancellor game in which he played QB the whole game, but also what he's done in every other game from multiple positions.

Last edited:
Good football player no doubt. But, a dynamic player takes over games and thats what Hunter did, I do not see this kid taking over games, scoring when his team needs if. D'Ago Hunters highlights are all amazing game changing plays. Hunters are good plays but not game changing plays. (Those are just my opinions)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT