ADVERTISEMENT

My Final Top 10 of the year

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
As always just my opinion. If anyone were to put GW at #2, I wouldn't argue. Feel free to share your top 10 as well

1. Riverheads
2. Essex
3. George Wythe
4. Grundy
5. Lunenburg
6. King and Queen
7. Grayson County
8. Patrick Henry
9. Galax
10 Narrows
Honorable Mention:
Sussex
Buffalo Gap

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
As always just my opinion. If anyone were to put GW at #2, I wouldn't argue. Feel free to share your top 10 as well

1. Riverheads
2. Essex
3. George Wythe
4. Grundy
5. Lunenburg
6. King and Queen
7. Grayson County
8. Patrick Henry
9. Galax
10 Narrows
Honorable Mention:
Sussex
Buffalo Gap
The only switch I'd make is GW at #2 I truly believe they earned it today. By showing many that they belonged yes RH won by 22 but GW wasn't even supposed to hang around according to many.

The only switch I'd make is GW at #2 I truly believe they earned it today. By showing many that they belonged yes RH won by 22 but GW wasn't even supposed to hang around according to many.
Yeah I totally understand that. The only reason I had Essex 2nd was because of their defense. GW had a much better plan offensively than Essex did, but just couldn't get any stops. If Essex had of moved the ball around to their other playmaker like GW did, then who knows how that game would have turned out. But their lack of any kind of offense and 5 turnovers were their downfall

Yeah I totally understand that. The only reason I had Essex 2nd was because of their defense. GW had a much better plan offensively than Essex did, but just couldn't get any stops. If Essex had of moved the ball around to their other playmaker like GW did, then who knows how that game would have turned out. But their lack of any kind of offense and 5 turnovers were their downfall
Can't argue with that Essex was my pick to win it all so I definitely understand.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
All due respect to Essex because they had a great team this year, but that GW team is the second best team I personally seen in 1A. Essex is clearly 3, but then I think you could argue 4-10 with all the teams mentioned and make a decent case.

If Essex played 1 at qb that game turns out different. Not taking anything away from 6 but 1 is a whole different caliber.

If Essex played 1 at qb that game turns out different. Not taking anything away from 6 but 1 is a whole different caliber.
You won't get any argument from me there. I have said repeatedly that in high school football that your best athlete needs to be in the backfield. Having your best athlete at WR is wasting him in my opinion. Hammond should have 20-25 touches a game minimum, not the 5 or 6 that he gets from playing WR. He got no carries at all last week despite being used in the Wildcat this year and also out of their double wing offense, which they didn't run a single play out of last week. I told someone today that if you combined the Essex defense with the GW offense then you'd have a winning formula. GW just couldn't get any stops today, but offensively they moved the ball around well, which I thought Essex should have did last week. #2 and #4 for Essex both made numerous big plays this year, but I'm not even sure if either had a catch last week and they definitely were rarely targeted.

You won't get any argument from me there. I have said repeatedly that in high school football that your best athlete needs to be in the backfield. Having your best athlete at WR is wasting him in my opinion. Hammond should have 20-25 touches a game minimum, not the 5 or 6 that he gets from playing WR. He got no carries at all last week despite being used in the Wildcat this year and also out of their double wing offense, which they didn't run a single play out of last week. I told someone today that if you combined the Essex defense with the GW offense then you'd have a winning formula. GW just couldn't get any stops today, but offensively they moved the ball around well, which I thought Essex should have did last week. #2 and #4 for Essex both made numerous big plays this year, but I'm not even sure if either had a catch last week and they definitely were rarely targeted.
I know I remember seeing 2 running wide open with no defender in the same zip code on several occasions last week.

If anyone watched and saw how bad the refs were in this game GW was lucky to only lose by 22! Riverheads had 12 men on the field twice on 4th down and converted them both then had 12 again when they scored on a big play. Then GW not being granted a measurement when they asked for one as they stuffed them on fourth down is a travesty. Not saying outcome would have been different but these refs are suppose to be the best of the best! Sad this was the best vhsl had to offer. Congrats to RH though!

Reactions: trutiger16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT