ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Nation

Thanks guys. This team played as a team all year. We might not have the D1 studs like a lot of schools, but Coach Mills always turns average players into good players and good players into great players. He and his staff deserves the credit. How about Harry Dalton? Hit a double double today 20O rushing and +200 passing. By the way, he broke the single season combined touchdown record for RVA as a 15 year old sophomore. I think he just opened a few new doors.

Thanks guys. This team played as a team all year. We might not have the D1 studs like a lot of schools, but Coach Mills always turns average players into good players and good players into great players. He and his staff deserves the credit. How about Harry Dalton? Hit a double double today 20O rushing and +200 passing. By the way, he broke the single season combined touchdown record for RVA as a 15 year old sophomore. I think he just opened a few new doors.
Harry Dalton! I didn't realize he's only 15! Coach Mills has got it going on down there for sure! I'm realizing the season is OVER... Jeez... is it August yet?

Another couple of things that bode well for the future, near term, and down the road, for Dinwiddie football.

Along with sophomore Harry Daulton, Jr. #5 Raphael Tucker and Jr. #2 Zalen Wiggins will be back next season. That is a tremendous amount of offensive out put. (BN, can you provide the total offense these three were responsible for this season, please?)

The Dinwiddie Middle School plays football in the Chesterfield Quarterback League. They do this because the level of competition is significantly higher that what is ordinary found at the MS level. Plus, they get the benefit of being eligible for a playoff format and a championship game. That being said, the Dinwiddie Middle School, aka the Dinwiddie Seniors won the league Super Bowl yesterday. Undefeated and barely scored on all season.

The Dinwiddie Minors played in their Super Bowl and lost 6-8. (I can’t verify that score is exactly correct.)

The Dinwiddie Juniors were undefeated going into the playoffs as well and got knocked off in the playoffs.

An important fact is that Coach Mills is involved and supportive of football at all these levels. He works with the coaches to incorporate the same fundamentals and schemes that he uses. When these kids move up to higher levels of competition, less time is needed learning the basics, and more time can be spent of perfecting skill level. We are so very fortunate that Coach Mills and his staff are willing to give of their personal time in this endeavor.

Unlike many localities, the cupboard in Dinwiddie is full, and the future is bright.

Congrats to the Dinwiddie players, coaches and fans. This was for sure one of the best teams (possibly the very best) that had one of the best seasons in 4A history. I have full respect for this program and everyone involved with it.

Another couple of things that bode well for the future, near term, and down the road, for Dinwiddie football.

Along with sophomore Harry Daulton, Jr. #5 Raphael Tucker and Jr. #2 Zalen Wiggins will be back next season. That is a tremendous amount of offensive out put. (BN, can you provide the total offense these three were responsible for this season, please?)

The Dinwiddie Middle School plays football in the Chesterfield Quarterback League. They do this because the level of competition is significantly higher that what is ordinary found at the MS level. Plus, they get the benefit of being eligible for a playoff format and a championship game. That being said, the Dinwiddie Middle School, aka the Dinwiddie Seniors won the league Super Bowl yesterday. Undefeated and barely scored on all season.

The Dinwiddie Minors played in their Super Bowl and lost 6-8. (I can’t verify that score is exactly correct.)

The Dinwiddie Juniors were undefeated going into the playoffs as well and got knocked off in the playoffs.

An important fact is that Coach Mills is involved and supportive of football at all these levels. He works with the coaches to incorporate the same fundamentals and schemes that he uses. When these kids move up to higher levels of competition, less time is needed learning the basics, and more time can be spent of perfecting skill level. We are so very fortunate that Coach Mills and his staff are willing to give of their personal time in this endeavor.

Unlike many localities, the cupboard in Dinwiddie is full, and the future is bright.
A lot! Give me a little time. I am going through everything to make sure all of my numbers are precise, because many team and local records are in jeopardy.

The feeling is mutual and I can promise you we were secretly praying for a rematch of 2016. It's going to take a massive undertaking, but hopefully Salem and Dinwiddie can dance again next year.
Salem does return a lot of players next yr. 9 on defense alone. Dinwiddie would have definitely beat Salem this yr. I highly doubt they put up those numbers on the scoreboard. Probably would have been 45-7 or 45-14

Reactions: BleedingNavy

Undoubtably, the best thing to come out of this is that the kids are involved in something that is positive, and it provides an enormous amount of lessons about life.

Not sure about that @SFUWO . Salem and Dinwiddie have played three times and the margin of victory was 4, 5, and 7. That's an average of 5. Two of the Titans of Class 4 with unreal community support would have made this a much tighter game. Kettle Run has some talent, but as you have said a million times it's all about matchups. Dinwiddie was a horrible matchup for the Cougars. Honestly, they were very similar to Hanover. King George matched up well with us and it could have easily gone south for us. This team just had the no quit attitude and yes @OCBoy they were a year ahead of schedule.

Not sure about that @SFUWO . Salem and Dinwiddie have played three times and the margin of victory was 4, 5, and 7. That's an average of 5. Two of the Titans of Class 4 with unreal community support would have made this a much tighter game. Kettle Run has some talent, but as you have said a million times it's all about matchups. Dinwiddie was a horrible matchup for the Cougars. Honestly, they were very similar to Hanover. King George matched up well with us and it could have easily gone south for us. This team just had the no quit attitude and yes @OCBoy they were a year ahead of schedule.
I agree but Dinwiddie still wins. In a much closer game.

The feeling is mutual and I can promise you we were secretly praying for a rematch of 2016. It's going to take a massive undertaking, but hopefully Salem and Dinwiddie can dance again next year.
The road is definitely easier for Salem than Dinwiddie. Phoebus is going to have another stacked team next yr. So that semifinal will be epic. I don't know what KG had returning. 4C is also up in the air as well. I would assume that Tuscarora will bounce back along with Broad Run (2 good programs).

Right now I would definitely say Phoebus or Dinwiddie would be in everyone's preseason picks for the title.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Was Dinwiddie’s 65 points a record for a class 4 state final game?

The overall state record is 72 by class 1 school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT