ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

I agree with you that Galax and GW will be good next year and I have a feeling Essex will be really strong next year.

Yeah I gotta echo that GW and Galax should be the 2 favorites going into next season GW returns almost all of our starters. And we have some very good kids coming up from JV so as a GW fan next season is exciting to say the least.

Riverheads will make a deep run again next year . Lots of young men grew up on Saturday .
I wasn't sure how many seniors Riverheads had but I know that team will definitely be back next year. I still think Essex will be the team to beat out of east next year but their is always some teams that seem to come out of nowhere and make a run. I for one am already looking forward to next year and think it will be another exciting year!!!

Essex should have another solid team. Will have to replace four offensive lineman but do return 6'3 375 lb Taishan Holmes and have some solid solid guys who were reserves this year as well as some good sized jv guys. Losing Malik Martin and Rasaun Monroe won't be easy but Essex has athletes. At this time last year not many knew about Martin or Monroe. Look for 6'2 250 lb rb KJ Dameron who will be a sophomore next year to take on a bigger role and look for all conference and all region wrs Tim Johnson and Terrell Hundley who will be juniors to step to the forefront even more so. Will also break in a new qb but this years jv qb is very talented and will have 3 years to lead the varsity. All in all definitely holes to fill but that has been the case in the past as well.

Now if I'm talking East and West the GW, Galax are my west pick and Essex and Riverheads are my east and I don't know anything about them but I've seen a few say Wilson should be very good next season.

I agree with Galax, GW, Essex and Riverheads all will be good. I'm also going to go with Parry McClure they should be a solid team next year as there o line grows and the new addition to the back field. And there my be some new offensive scheme's. The west will be loaded.

I agree with Galax, GW, Essex and Riverheads all will be good. I'm also going to go with Parry McClure they should be a solid team next year as there o line grows and the new addition to the back field. And there my be some new offensive scheme's. The west will be loaded.

That's the key right there...new schemes. As in, spread the field a little bit to make some holes for the backs. The stacked goal line look works if you have a big nasty o-line. The Blues just dont have it right now. I'm not saying we need to throw it, but we do need to force defenses to spread out a little bit.

We could pull that off with Ryheem in the backfield. But not so much now (or pre-Ryheem).

PM Will be loaded on paper. Galax returns a lot on line but losing Spurlin and Harris will hurt an awful lot. I don't think Galax makes another title run, but they could surprise me. Lots of young players will see time for the Tide next year

Next season will be a good one. I can not wait

Hey mmqp iv heard the wildcat offense
Wildcat with Nelson in the backfield, just take turns giving the ball to him, cook and dawson. The wildcat doesn't seem like a good offense for the talent.

I think next year Essex will be like the 2012 and 2013 teams...meaning more spread offense. the WR position will be loaded like it was those 2 years.

Yea that would be a horrible idea. Smashmouth is fine. Like I say, just develop the threat of a pass at least.

About the only time in PM's history where the Wildcat would have worked (and would have givent them a good shot at making a deep playoff run IMO) was in the late 90's when John Ross Williams was there. lol

So if we look district-wise. When was the last time the MED won the state title...until now? Great Job, Galax!

I'm interested to see what Bland will have next year. Return all but two starters on D and a lot of freshman seen a lot of game action late in the year due to injuries and suspensions. Offensively they return basically all their skill players but will have to replace four starting lineman. Plus the freshman QB will be more physically mature and the QB who was injured should be fully recovered by the time the season rolls around. If Bland can find some olinemen, could be another good year for the Bears.

GW returns at least 8 on O and at least 7 on D and the kids we have coming up are faster and just as big so should be a fun season next year with what everyone has coming back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT