ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, it's time Dinwiddie vs. Salem at Salem Stadium. What happens?

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
My prediction is that Salem has not had time to develop their QB play and Dinwiddie wins. However, Salem will improve as the season goes on and will be much better during the playoffs.Hope I'm wrong

I didn't know the state title game was in September? LOL. On a serious note, I think Dinwiddie wins the game also. I have seen them scrimmage and they look better to me this year than last. I hear Salem is close to last year, but slightly not as good as this point in the season as last year. I got Dinwiddie by 10 points at Salem, but I'm not picking against Salem come playoff time. Dinwiddie looks scary good this year. That's one heck of a program. I think they get revenge from last year and handle Salem at Salem by 10 points.

My prediction is that Salem has not had time to develop their QB play and Dinwiddie wins. However, Salem will improve as the season goes on and will be much better during the playoffs.Hope I'm wrong
I think Salem is still trying to fit some of the puzzle pieces together. Sometimes it works and sometimes it looks helter skelter. I hope this game is a good one and they bring their A game. Not quite sure what to expect at this point. Still needs polishing.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Don't bet against Salem at home. Salem will rise to the occasion. Salem 31 din 28. They said Salem couldn't beat lake Taylor they said Salem could not handle dinwiddee..... Well well well two time state champs........

Eastbottom, I agree with your statement "dont bet against Salem"; however, please leave that underdog mess alone. I don't remember any supporter from either program talking junk last year or saying Salem "couldnt handle Dinwiddie. Deep down both sides may have thought they could win, but were probably hesitant to write it, because the teams were so evenly matched (mutual respect).

In fact, I believe in 2016, we witnessed two teams slug it out, make play after play, and one team came up just short in the end. Other than pride, momentum, and points (seeding) this game means very little. Do we both want to win? Absolutely, but as previously said it isnt the end of the world.

Look for a very physical, low scoring game with special teams expected to play a major role. I just hope all fans appreciate the two AD's vision and effort to give us the opportunity to witness this regular season heavyweight bout. In case you didnt know this game was schedule well before these teams met in December.

Hoping for a sound, clean game with no injuries.

Last edited:
I think Salem is still trying to fit some of the puzzle pieces together. Sometimes it works and sometimes it looks helter skelter. I hope this game is a good one and they bring their A game. Not quite sure what to expect at this point. Still needs polishing.

Polish needed down here too. The outcome almost undoubtedly will be decided by mistakes, and capitalizing on them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT