ADVERTISEMENT

Old Region A (Far East) has 12 games - Week 4

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
For NND sports fans, I was just looking over a very nice new 2016 Fall Sports section (in color) of most NND schools. Rappahannock, Essex, Northumberland, Lancaster, and Washington & Lee are covered (didn't see CB I don't believe). Football, Golf, Volleyball, Cross Country, and Cheer are represented. Preview is in Northumberland Echo, NN News, and Westmoreland News.

Big East Region Volleyball contest this Friday as well as Football- Rappahannock County at Northumberland.

Rappahannock Volleyball swept 2A King William 3-0 last week (good article in Rapp Times).

Also, in Rapp Times, detailed review of Essex win at KW and preview of Essex at 5A Deep Run (and a run down of many of the other Far East football games).

Speaking of the 12 Far East football games in action in Week 4 -coming in next post...

Washington and Lee at Rappahannock (big rival game for these two clubs - both down a bit from the last few seasons)

Northumberland at Mathews (Mathews derailed a promising season for the Indians last year...)

Colonial Beach at Sussex Central (dang, those Drifters are tough playing back to back difficult games, anybody think they could pull off a huge upset?)

Lancaster at Middlesex (both teams coming off their 1st wins)

Essex at 5A Deep Run (I love quote by new DR coach who admitted not having much knowledge about Essex "I know they've had a good history the last few years and they have some fast kids.")

KW - open date

Cumberland at K&Q (Will Tigers get that big win?)

Surry at West Point (interesting game here)

Franklin at Charles City (Franklin with big win v CB last week)

Northampton at Windsor (only one win between these two, that's went to the Yellow Jackets)

Last three games are the Eastern Shore v Maryland teams-

Snow Hill, MD at Arcadia

Nandua at Bennett, MD

Chincoteague at National Christian, MD

Which one is the East Game of the Week? The Big one is certainly out West...Galax v GW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT