ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Henry GS Chilhowie

Again, you only cite a part of the post that when read in its entirety has a different meaning. You must work for CNN!

You seem to enjoy inserting yourself into threads and playing forum sheriff. It is guys like you that ruin boards and run people off.

So here is a novel thought. Don’t try to play Freud with what I say. If red pride had an issue, I reckon he can speak on his own behalf. And that my friend is my last comment to you!

Of course you feel that way, wont admit that you couldn't possibly be wrong. O well, have fun with whatever you will be doing the rest of week and weekend. I guess me and my no football knowledge might not understand what I am seeing, but I might catch a game

Yes I am a Doah guy. And I have made no predictions on how ANY team would do in the district. I wouldn't have any issue with your comment saying they would have the talent, but for someone to have a different opinion for you to say they have no football knowledge is either trying to make yourself look like you know more than anyone or say that others just aren't knowledgeable at all. When you have no idea what their knowledge is, all you know is they have a different opinion from yours.
So just for fun and I had a few minutes to kill I went to calpreps.com and projected matchups with Virginia High and all the teams in the Shenandoah District. I know nothing about Virginia High at all.
Here are the projected results for each game.
VHS 28 Stuarts Draft 17 VHS 44 Stonewall 7
VHS 34 Wilson 28 VHS 27 Page County 14
East Rock 42 VHS 7 Riverheads 42 VHS 10
Lee 31 VHS 28 Buffalo Gap 31 VHS 24
Luray 31 VHS 26 Looks like VHS would be in the middle of the district based on this. Calpreps actually does a pretty good job of predicting games and sometimes the score is very accurate, other times not so much. This was just for fun, now stop your fussing guys. LOL

Redpride...just to be clear, you are not the fool I was referring to. You are alright in my opinion.

Now to the Long Branch and some bickering with Doc and Newlie over the best western, Silverado or Unforgiven.

So just for fun and I had a few minutes to kill I went to calpreps.com and projected matchups with Virginia High and all the teams in the Shenandoah District. I know nothing about Virginia High at all.
Here are the projected results for each game.
VHS 28 Stuarts Draft 17 VHS 44 Stonewall 7
VHS 34 Wilson 28 VHS 27 Page County 14
East Rock 42 VHS 7 Riverheads 42 VHS 10
Lee 31 VHS 28 Buffalo Gap 31 VHS 24
Luray 31 VHS 26 Looks like VHS would be in the middle of the district based on this. Calpreps actually does a pretty good job of predicting games and sometimes the score is very accurate, other times not so much. This was just for fun, now stop your fussing guys. LOL

That's about how I would expect, VHS could steal a win against a Luray or RE Lee but may lose to a Wilson level team, depending on the game. On pure talent, they'd be behind ER and Riverheads, but the coaching was head scratching at times. Had an absolute stud RB who often didn't get the carries.

this whole thing started because someone suggested no one on CHS' schedule could beat any of the Shenandoah teams, and I think everyone can see that's a silly statement. But that doesn't mean squat, Galax could wax Chilhowie or vice versa and it wouldn't be because Galax played Glenvar and CHS played Holston, it'll be because they are a better team.

That's about how I would expect, VHS could steal a win against a Luray or RE Lee but may lose to a Wilson level team, depending on the game. On pure talent, they'd be behind ER and Riverheads, but the coaching was head scratching at times. Had an absolute stud RB who often didn't get the carries.

this whole thing started because someone suggested no one on CHS' schedule could beat any of the Shenandoah teams, and I think everyone can see that's a silly statement. But that doesn't mean squat, Galax could wax Chilhowie or vice versa and it wouldn't be because Galax played Glenvar and CHS played Holston, it'll be because they are a better team.

Yes that is certainly silly. Without even looking at their schedule I would say every one of them would beat Stonewall. I think the better teams on the schedule would play with or beat the bottom teams in the district. And from what I have read and seen, I think Chilhowie would be top 3 in district

Yes that is certainly silly. Without even looking at their schedule I would say every one of them would beat Stonewall. I think the better teams on the schedule would play with or beat the bottom teams in the district. And from what I have read and seen, I think Chilhowie would be top 3 in district

Agreed. I think there's a good chance Chilhowie would have won the M7 or at least competed with Abingdon for the title as a 1A in a 2A with a 3A conference. But Galax has only improved and is one elite team, it'll take the Warriors playing their absolute best to win and even then it honestly may not be enough, sometimes the other team is just better.

Just some information from Calpreps.com. Take it for what it's worth. Will be meaningless after December 8th.

Team Schedule strength Opponents W-L
Galax -1.7 85-64
Riverheads -4.7 72-65
Chilhowie -12.8 72-74
Essex -13.6 79-62

Galax had toughest schedule along with best opponents wins and losses

Didn't know about Calpreps site. Pretty cool site. Thanks for the info. I put Chilhowie through Riverheads schedule and came out with the same record. Only losing to East Rock. Like you said "take it for what it's worth". Shows them beating Galax by 5 and losing to Riverheads by 7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT