ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Henry GS Chilhowie

It's a great day in Chilhowie today. Playoff time is definitely in the air. It's fitting that it's rivalry weekend. Warrior stadium will have an electric atmosphere. Come one, come all to watch a great game. Should be great. I hope Chilhowie comes out with the win but you never know it is the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: uvacavs1
Are there any other outlets? That one basically shuts down after the pregame. I only caught about 5 minutes of live action last week. Not being an a$$, just would like to hear the game with some continuity if possible.

And good luck to both teams, hopefully a safe and exciting game.

Are there any other outlets? That one basically shuts down after the pregame. I only caught about 5 minutes of live action last week. Not being an a$$, just would like to hear the game with some continuity if possible.

And good luck to both teams, hopefully a safe and exciting game.
I listened to one game while I was out of town once on that stream. It was awful. I’d rather have a tooth filling repaired without numbing than to listen to that again.

I tried to find Patrick Henry’s stream but not sure if they have a broadcast.

Better save some points for next week. Im not knocking Chilhowie but Im like Kirk Herbstreit they dont pass the eye test for me. You tell me one good signature win they can hang there hat on. They have played nobody. They win convincingly next week I might change my mind in my opinion of them.

Chilhowie is legit, I'm looking forward to seeing if Galax can do anything with them. Heard the field was in pretty bad shape today?

Reactions: WhudeyCHS
Better save some points for next week. Im not knocking Chilhowie but Im like Kirk Herbstreit they dont pass the eye test for me. You tell me one good signature win they can hang there hat on. They have played nobody. They win convincingly next week I might change my mind in my opinion of them.

they don't pass the eye test? That's ridiculous. They beat GW 39-0, beat 10-2 PH 49-6, beat 8-2 Burton 49-14, beat #4 seed in Region D 2A Virginia High 37-7, etc...

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
None of those teams would be .500 in the Shenandoah
My eye test from the championship game last year was chilhowie would be lucky to finish 5th or better in the Shenandoah last year , weren’t they 10-0 last year?

No, they were 7-3. Keep writing off Region D, they may make you eat crow.
Burton only lost to 2A 2-seed Union and Chilhowie. They'd be competitive. Burton and PH would be middle of pack in Shenandoah

No, they were 7-3. Keep writing off Region D, they may make you eat crow.
Burton only lost to 2A 2-seed Union and Chilhowie. They'd be competitive. Burton and PH would be middle of pack in Shenandoah

J.I. Burton...there ya go, the school that has made everyone second guess anything coming out of the Region D area over the past ~15 years. Every year it seemed for like 10 years we had to hear about how "this Burton team is gonna win it all this year", and every year they'd falter come title time. So no offense is meant to any squads from down in that area but I think that stigma is still there to this day.

Am I correct that this year's Final Four are the same as last year? I know that RHS and Essex are repeats and of course Chilhowie has to be. So was it Galax they beat last year in the semis? If that really is the case, wonder when was the last time that happened in ANY division?

J.I. Burton...there ya go, the school that has made everyone second guess anything coming out of the Region D area over the past ~15 years. Every year it seemed for like 10 years we had to hear about how "this Burton team is gonna win it all this year", and every year they'd falter come title time. So no offense is meant to any squads from down in that area but I think that stigma is still there to this day.

Okay? That doesn't mean they couldn't be middle of pack in Shenandoah. Same with PH

No haterade here. Point of reference is that Galax beat Radford who is Region C 2A Champion, Riverheads beat Region B 2A runner up.

It may or may not happen...I don't know

What I DO know that every time this board feels confident that things will happen, it usually doesn't.

The transitive property does not apply to football

Chilhowie wins.They are just the better team. From my humble eye, anyway.

If you don't believe that, then keep your eyes shut...I have no dog in the fight regardlessl

In my opinion using this years Shenandoah district as the example, the teams mentioned would have three wins maybe. Obviously Stonewall, probably Page and maybe Draft since they were down this year. They would be competitive but lose to Gap, Lee, Wilson and Luray. None would touch ER and if RH is fortunate enough to beat a good Essex team, we will see about that matchup.

It is widely accepted that the Dogwood and Seminole have had historically competitive districts. I would submit in recent history the ‘doah ranks right there. Maybe not as successful with rings but certainly as much depth. As another example, the 8 seed in Region B (Wilson) would decimate the 4 seed Virginia High in my opinion. Since we won’t see that matchup, it is just speculation but as someone on here said “don’t tell me ....”. I agree, the telling part is just about over, time for that showing.

I will end my stand on the soapbox by saying that the kids on the field will decide it. It won’t be any of us keyboard coaches and coordinators. There are 4 very good schools left and any can win the chip.

Am I correct that this year's Final Four are the same as last year? I know that RHS and Essex are repeats and of course Chilhowie has to be. So was it Galax they beat last year in the semis? If that really is the case, wonder when was the last time that happened in ANY division?
same final 4, but rhs and Chilhowie are at home this year, instead of on the road

Not trying to start an argument with my comment about finishing.500 but I think lee, Buffalo Gap, Luray, ER and Riverheads are better than those teams but I think we should all realize that the same four teams are back and probably if you go back and look we all kinda predicted it this way in order for that to happen all four teams have got to be pretty good. I hope Riverheads wins it again they may they may not they are going to have to beat two pretty good teams to do it. Far as passing the eye test if you are here still playing you have passed the eye test.

And the road teams could win this year and flip the script on last year. Didn’t even think about that until you posted it was a repeat of teams with different venues. Should be exciting. This is the 4 best teams with NHS getting the honarable mention as the fifth.

the final 4, to get there is tough to do, I think any of the 4 can win it, u play who is on your schedule, some schedules are easier than others, the tougher schedules helps u better prepare for the playoffs mentally and physically, the 4 teams left have good football programs, with the 4 same teams playing in last years final 4, both games should be great games, so may the best teams win, hopefully the red team comes out on top, GO BIG RED

Kinda glad Essex won . I want to see them run the wing . Also the way they talked about Palmer, did not want to see him . If Essex looks anything like last year this game is a toss up . jmo

the final 4, to get there is tough to do, I think any of the 4 can win it, u play who is on your schedule, some schedules are easier than others, the tougher schedules helps u better prepare for the playoffs mentally and physically, the 4 teams left have good football programs, with the 4 same teams playing in last years final 4, both games should be great games, so may the best teams win, hopefully the red team comes out on top, GO BIG RED
I think playing up during the school year is a good thing for the kids when it comes to play off time.it helps them to see a team that is better than them to see where the opportunities are.. Although when you schedule those games a couple of years in advance you don't know what type of quality opponent they may be when you play them.

Wow. No one can convince me this team can't play with Galax and Riverheads.[/QUOTE
Kinda glad Essex won . I want to see them run the wing . Also the way they talked about Palmer, did not want to see him . If Essex looks anything like last year this game is a toss up . jmo

Wise man, xcross.

Region A had several strong teams this season. Only one had Palmer - insanely good on offense and defense. One of those once every 20 years type players.

For example, against last year's private school champs, Palmer was given the ball only 4 times - 4 long TDs. The coaching staff had turned the entire team around him quite good as well and were peaking at just the right time.

Oh well, I was hoping y'all would get to see Palmer in action. As for Essex, I want them to win but in reality I just hope they can keep it close this year....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT