ADVERTISEMENT

PH Roanoke

As you stated, Coach Esworthy will have them competitive and in the mix. They're probably the best team that didn't make the cut for our Top Ten in 6A. I feel confident saying they will be there by mid-season, if not sooner, though. They should get better in the 2nd half of the year.

PH only has 3 key contributors back from last season and one that started in 6-foot-3 senior wing Thomas Stockstill. Now that being said, they probably will start five seniors (even though a few are unproven playing large minutes) and have some tough-minded kids in that program that know how to win. Plus, they'll get a boost from two freshmen that Coach Esworthy told me he feels will play significant minutes. Maybe not as good as Marcus Banks was, but nonetheless solid players with bright futures.

I think early on they're going to have to figure out where their scoring will come from with a tough schedule out of the gate.

What helps them quite a bit in Conference 3 in 6A-South too is that two of the other teams in Thomas Dale and Cosby lost key players that transferred out. Gus Rowland (Henrico) and Justin Henry (Benedictine) left Cosby, while Andrien White is no longer at Dale, leaving for a school in North Carolina that is escaping me at the moment (am sure someone will post it for me or I'll think of it later).

Follow Hatfield Sports on Twitter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT