ADVERTISEMENT

Pick the two teams in 4A finals...

Hoos, looks like your Lions will get to prove your theory of the over hyped Richmond teams (the richmond media considers the lions as a metro richmond team). You have a very good team in Mineral, but if Louisa doesn't shore up its defense Monacan will end your season quickly. It could be another shootout Friday in the Jungle. Run the ball and control the clock and the Lions will do well. Giving Monacan a short field by not punting and pooch kicks could be problem.

If Huguenot beats George Wythe tomorrow (likely) my prediction (concern) will play out.
Louisa, Monacan, Dinwiddie (if we win our first round game) and Lake Taylor (if they win two and crossbracket) will duke it out. Four very good teams who could win it all.

I guess we will find out how good your King George boys are. By the way, I didnt forget. The lousy JM team you talked about finished second. Only losses to Dinwiddie and Chancellor. Congrats to Coach Serbay and his boys. Class program. Will miss playing them.

Dinwiddie ran a very vanilla offense tonight and defensively pressured the Meadowbrook quarterback all night (at least 8 sacks). There is nothing finesse about MLB Pope, DE's Clayton and Fields. You know Meadowbrook is physical and they only rushed for about 50 yards. Both our interior lines played very well tonight. Proud of our boys.

Good luck to all the teams making the 4a playoffs. You have earned your place now lets get it on.

Last edited:
@BleedingNavy much to talk about and I love your tone. Now the east bracket is a HUGE mess..

So many stunners today... how about Pheobus beating heritage NN 25-0... the same pheobus that lost to Hampton 44-0.. the same heritage tht should have beat Woodside and also beat LT!!!

Don't get me started on the Jefferson district. I have no idea what to make of it! I don't even habe the words right now.

Manchester had to have another miracle to beat Cosby who Monacan thrashed.. Mon should have beat Man. Man and Bird both thrashed TD who dinwiddie was in a scramble with... Bird crushes Monacan but loses to Manchester... james river beat chancellor who is the number 3 seed in 4a and Mon destroyed JR 42-0.

HS beats hermitage but loses to meadowbrook... who dinwiddie smashes!! Then hermitage beats manchester handily.

Anyone dizzy yet???

What I know:
The dominion district is way better than everyone thought with 5 playoff teams.

Dinwiddie & hermitage are the only teams I fully trust in Richmond.

If you are on the other side of the bracket in 4a east that doesnt line up with Mon, Louisa,
LT & Dinwiddie you are thanking your lucky stars... if your in the bracket I just listed... Get out your shot glasses and hit your liqour cabnet now!

What I don't know:
Is a lot more than I know. I can't remember a season where I had more uncertanty after 10 games. What a mess in Richmond especially south of the James!

Put on your seatbelts in 4A East! What a mess!

@BleedingNavy much to talk about and I love your tone. Now the east bracket is a HUGE mess..

So many stunners today... how about Pheobus beating heritage NN 25-0... the same pheobus that lost to Hampton 44-0.. the same heritage tht should have beat Woodside and also beat LT!!!

Don't get me started on the Jefferson district. I have no idea what to make of it! I don't even habe the words right now.

Manchester had to have another miracle to beat Cosby who Monacan thrashed.. Mon should have beat Man. Man and Bird both thrashed TD who dinwiddie was in a scramble with... Bird crushes Monacan but loses to Manchester... james river beat chancellor who is the number 3 seed in 4a and Mon destroyed JR 42-0.

HS beats hermitage but loses to meadowbrook... who dinwiddie smashes!! Then hermitage beats manchester handily.

Anyone dizzy yet???

What I know:

If you are on the other side of the bracket in 4a east that doesnt line up with Mon, Louisa,
LT & Dinwiddie you are thanking your lucky stars... if your in the bracket I just listed... Get out your shot glasses and hit your liqour cabnet now!

What I don't know:
Is a lot more than I know. I can't remember a season where I had more uncertanty after 10 games. What a mess in Richmond especially south of the James!

Awesome post mbonape. Got my shot glass ready. You have never seen me say the Richmond teams are the best. Good football played everywhere in the state, but have said all season that I dont want to play Monacan. If we both win guess what? No offense, but I have been praying for something else though. Shame is the damn winners earn the right to play LT.

I will say this about Richmond football:

6a South #1 seed Manchester
5a South #1 seed Highland Springs
4a South #1 seed Dinwiddie
3a East #1 seed Hopewell
2a East #1 or 2 Goochland

Not too shabby. Lol

Awesome post mbonape. Got my shot glass ready. You have never seen me say the Richmond teams are the best. Good football played everywhere in the state, but have said all season that I dont want to play Monacan. If we both win guess what? No offense, but I have been praying for something else though. Shame is the damn winners earn the right to play LT.

I will say this about Richmond football:

6a South #1 seed Manchester
5a South #1 seed Highland Springs
4a South #1 seed Dinwiddie
3a East #1 seed Hopewell
2a East #1 or 2 Goochland

Not too shabby. Lol

@BleedingNavy Good thing we don't have any 1A schools

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Hoos, looks like your Lions will get to prove your theory of the over hyped Richmond teams (the richmond media considers the lions as a metro richmond team). You have a very good team in Mineral, but if Louisa doesn't shore up its defense Monacan will end your season quickly. It could be another shootout Friday in the Jungle. Run the ball and control the clock and the Lions will do well. Giving Monacan a short field by not punting and pooch kicks could be problem.

If Huguenot beats George Wythe tomorrow (likely) my prediction (concern) will play out.
Louisa, Monacan, Dinwiddie (if we win our first round game) and Lake Taylor (if they win two and crossbracket) will duke it out. Four very good teams who could win it all.

I guess we will find out how good your King George boys are. By the way, I didnt forget. The lousy JM team you talked about finished second. Only losses to Dinwiddie and Chancellor. Congrats to Coach Serbay and his boys. Class program. Will miss playing them.

Dinwiddie ran a very vanilla offense tonight and defensively pressured the Meadowbrook quarterback all night (at least 8 sacks). There is nothing finesse about MLB Pope, DE's Clayton and Fields. You know Meadowbrook is physical and they only rushed for about 50 yards. Both our interior lines played very well tonight. Proud of our boys.

Good luck to all the teams making the 4a playoffs. You have earned your place now lets get it on.
I have never called the Richmond teams, "over hyped".

I was talking about Dinwiddie's offense when I said "finesse", didn't think I had to be that specific for you to not take that the wrong way. Never heard any defense get called "finesse" before. I can't believe you think this year's MBK is physical. :eek:

I'll repeat: Weeks ago I already accepted the fact that whatever happens to us, happens and is beyond our control. It's pure darn luck and good coaching that we didn't finish 6-4. If we lose again, oh well. Bigger things than football are going on with us right now.

I don't care about KG anymore, it's playoff time now and we aren't playing them, they obviously fell by the wayside and aren't going to beat anyone. And yes JM is still lousy.

I refuse to go into details, but I will say I promise that the defense we played tonight won't be seen next week, literally.

I'm way ahead of y'all on the shots.

Last edited:
I was not being critical. You always seem to push aside previous comments unless made by someone else.

So, JM is still lousy? What are you saying about the rest of that district? I will not be negative about the Lions, nor any other team, but you clearly stated in a previous post that I favored Richmond teams. Monacan may lose to you guys, but they will be a handful. No disrespect to your prior opponents, but they will be the best team you have played all year.

Sorry, to hear that there is bad news from Louisa. I pray it is not Coach Fisher or any player/family member. Will say a long prayer for the team and Louisa in general.

I was not being critical. You always seem to push aside previous comments unless made by someone else.

So, JM is still lousy? What are you saying about the rest of that district? I will not be negative about the Lions, nor any other team, but you clearly stated in a previous post that I favored Richmond teams. Monacan may lose to you guys, but they will be a handful. No disrespect to your prior opponents, but they will be the best team you have played all year.

Sorry, to hear that there is bad news from Louisa. I pray it is not Coach Fisher or any player/family member. Will say a long prayer for the team and Louisa in general.
I've stated my thoughts on JM and Chancellor in my rankings thread that got deleted, after I watched that game on YouTube. They are both more finesse than physical offensively as well. So if I wasn't impressed with either of them in the trenches, that should say enough about my thoughts of the rest of the district this season. BUT I will say JM has an awesome kick/punt returner. I stated before and after we played Courtland that that was the worst Courtland offense I've ever seen, but their defense was good enough. The JM/KG game is, or will be on YouTube, so I'll probably watch some of it.

Last edited:

Anyone dizzy yet???

What I know:

What I don't know:

If anyone on here has forgotten a surging Smithfield at 8-2 (forget about that game 1 loss) with some Div 1 players who just ripped 8-1 Grafton by 42 points think again. Right now they are a far tougher draw than struggling Heritage. They racked up over 500 yards with 300 in the air. They won't surprise us but are capable of winning any game.

Anyone dizzy yet???

What I know:

What I don't know:

If anyone on here has forgotten a surging Smithfield at 8-2 (forget about that game 1 loss) with some Div 1 players who just ripped 8-1 Grafton by 42 points think again. Right now they are a far tougher draw than struggling Heritage. They racked up over 500 yards with 300 in the air. They won't surprise us but are capable of winning any game.

@Lafayette I was blown away by that score I just ran out of room. Your damn right they are a tough out. Who do they play in the first round? Don't they play grafton again lol? They will be aligned with the 1 seed too in your Pod right? Has anybody seen Heritage in person?? What on earth? How do you beat Lake Taylor and get blanked by Pheobus?!?!? Heritage beat Hampton and lost to Bethel!!! How is this possible?

@DinwiddieProud your right about tht! But even still the above scenario is like we are in the matrix... its more of just an amazimg season rather than an overall critisim. If you read my previous post on this... it is insane.. but at least in Richmond I feel like there is somewhat of a ryme and reason to it all... i have no clue what to make of Heritage right now.

@Lafayette I was blown away by that score I just ran out of room. Your damn right they are a tough out. Who do they play in the first round? Don't they play grafton again lol? They will be aligned with the 1 seed too in your Pod right? Has anybody seen Heritage in person?? What on earth? How do you beat Lake Taylor and get blanked by Pheobus?!?!? Heritage beat Hampton and lost to Bethel!!! How is this possible?
Kids...I will tell you this when we played Heritage we out gained them by almost 200 yards, but lost the turnover and penalty battle big time. Difference in the game. We had a lot of big plays called back.

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Smithfield plays Grafton again on Friday but at Smithfield instead at Grafton. The key to Smithfield is stopping their all everything QB Drew. He is 75% of the offense, 80% against Grafton. He passes well and runs very well, not big at all but quick and elusive. Then they play the # 1 seed, us or LT. Heritage has some serious injuries- starting Qb out and some others including top receiver. I don't know when or if they return

Louisa doesn't have the speed to match Dinwiddie or Lake Taylor. They are very physical and can certainly beat those teams, but do you think Dinwiddie or Lake Taylor lose to Charlottesville or Western Albemarle? Absolutely NOT!
You said yourself you were impressed by C'ville. But let's not act like Salem didn't get burned all day by Lake Taylor's receivers last year. Salem was able to hide it by pressuring LT's QB. If sophomore Hughey didn't make so many bad throws off the wrong leg, LT wins easily. Would he do that this year? Absolutely NOT! But hey... 7 RINGS!

Last edited:
You said yourself you were impressed by C'ville. But let's not act like Salem didn't get burned all day by Lake Taylor's receivers last year. Salem was able to hide it by pressuring LT's QB. If sophomore Hughey didn't make so many bad throws off the wrong leg, LT wins easily. Would he do that this year? Absolutely NOT! But hey... 7 RINGS!
Louisa doesn't have the speed to match Dinwiddie or Lake Taylor. They are very physical and can certainly beat those teams, but do you think Dinwiddie or Lake Taylor lose to Charlottesville or Western Albemarle? Absolutely NOT!

Here's my quote, what did I say that was so offensive @HoosFan05? You asked about Charlottesville almost 3 months ago, I said Charlottesville looked impressive to me in a preseason game against Brookville. You also asked what I thought of Louisa, I said they reminded me of Amherst, but bigger and slower. So my post above reflects what I've said all along Louisa doesn't have the speed to match Dinwiddie or LT, and quite honestly not too many teams do- maybe Monacan, Heritage NN? I said to win Louisa would have to outphysical them.

My question remains would Dinwiddie or LT lose to Charlottesville or Western Albemarle?

So get pissed with me all you want for expressing my opinion. By all means bring up last year’s Championship game, which I don't see any asterisks by Salem’s name for winning. I'm not saying they'll win this year, just expressing my opinion, which I'm pretty sure is still allowed. Good luck to the Lions.

That is what a losing team usually says; IF only we would have done this, IF only we would we would have done that. They refuse to believe that their opponent had anything to do with them losing. You mentioned a prime example of that way of thinking, (last years LT vs Salem Game)

LOL Wow. Talk about a bizarre non sequitor coming out of left field.....

Salem got burned all day by LT's receivers? I thought a team only gets burned if the opposing receivers actually catch the ball behind the defense. I didn't realize that letting a receiver run unchecked while the qb gets sacked or forced into an incompletion constitutes "getting burned."

That's right, seven rings. Seven state championships. Seven. SEVEN. That's greater than the number of teams Louisa's had in the past thirty years that even qualify as "good". But by all means, keep meeting your quota of heaven-knows-how-many posts a day about how great Louisa is. We've had a steady diet of it since the format change almost four years ago, so it'd be a shame if you suddenly let reality sink in now.

Last edited:

Don't worry about the offense. We put the ball on the ground way too many times. Don't forget we beat New Kent 21-14. NOT very impressive at all on offense. The Packers game revolves around their defense. There's been a different star on defense each week and collectively, they are playing pretty darn good on defense. I understand they've made a few adjustments as the year has moved along. If Smithfield makes it see Lafayette again, it'll be the defense that has to show up big for them to have any chance whatsoever. I think the Lafayette game was a big turning point for those kids. Once they realized that they could compete with the Rams, their confidence level exploded. Probably one of the "best loses" our program has had in a long time.

And honestly, I'm not convinced that Grafton was "all in" Friday night. I don't think for one minute that the coaching staff "showed their hand" to the Packers. Friday night was merely for show. The REAL game is this week. It will not be a blowout game. At least I don't believe it will be....

I just hope that all of the playoff teams bring their best game and all of the young men come home Friday night injury free...

Don't worry about the offense. We put the ball on the ground way too many times. Don't forget we beat New Kent 21-14. NOT very impressive at all on offense. The Packers game revolves around their defense. There's been a different star on defense each week and collectively, they are playing pretty darn good on defense. I understand they've made a few adjustments as the year has moved along. If Smithfield makes it see Lafayette again, it'll be the defense that has to show up big for them to have any chance whatsoever. I think the Lafayette game was a big turning point for those kids. Once they realized that they could compete with the Rams, their confidence level exploded. Probably one of the "best loses" our program has had in a long time.

And honestly, I'm not convinced that Grafton was "all in" Friday night. I don't think for one minute that the coaching staff "showed their hand" to the Packers. Friday night was merely for show. The REAL game is this week. It will not be a blowout game. At least I don't believe it will be....

I just hope that all of the playoff teams bring their best game and all of the young men come home Friday night injury free...
I agree - I am not at all convinced for whatever reason Grafton showed up on Friday in what was really a meaningless game- the win only meant what field to play on next week. If Smithfield does meet Lafayette in 2 weeks I think playing this one on home artificial turf (last game on Smithfield grass), the vast improvement in the new Qb, continued running game improvement since game 3 (especially Kragenbrink) and the defensive line (sophomore and junior starting) will be the difference. My only issue right now are the penalties- over 100 again tho week. After now playing NK how did they ever get to 21-14 against Smithfield only a few weeks ago? We ran thru them at will with subs most of the 3 and 4 Q.

Reactions: gwb16
I agree - I am not at all convinced for whatever reason Grafton showed up on Friday in what was really a meaningless game- the win only meant what field to play on next week. If Smithfield does meet Lafayette in 2 weeks I think playing this one on home artificial turf (last game on Smithfield grass), the vast improvement in the new Qb, continued running game improvement since game 3 (especially Kragenbrink) and the defensive line (sophomore and junior starting) will be the difference. My only issue right now are the penalties- over 100 again tho week. After now playing NK how did they ever get to 21-14 against Smithfield only a few weeks ago? We ran thru them at will with subs most of the 3 and 4 Q.
Turnovers, and way too many dropped passes and a few that could have gone for 6. Multiple times, WR was running wide open and just flat out, stone handed the ball. We always seem to have one of those "WHAT?" games. NK was definitely that game for us. KF is a decent team but I was honestly really surprised that we took it on the chin the way we did, but it was week 1 and they were trying to find their way. I've only been able to see us play one time this year, so I'm going on the word of friends who have been able to watch them all year. They're telling me that the defense has just improved remarkably as the year has progressed.

Turnovers, and way too many dropped passes and a few that could have gone for 6. Multiple times, WR was running wide open and just flat out, stone handed the ball. We always seem to have one of those "WHAT?" games. NK was definitely that game for us. KF is a decent team but I was honestly really surprised that we took it on the chin the way we did, but it was week 1 and they were trying to find their way. I've only been able to see us play one time this year, so I'm going on the word of friends who have been able to watch them all year. They're telling me that the defense has just improved remarkably as the year has progressed.
If Amherst doesn't make it, I will be pulling for a team that hasn't won a state game

If Amherst doesn't make it, I will be pulling for a team that hasn't won a state game

I agree, but I'm fairly sure that the odds are in favor of a repeat champion. But, we play the games for a reason. I just hope that everyone stays injury free and enjoys the ride.

Kids...I will tell you this when we played Heritage we out gained them by almost 200 yards, but lost the turnover and penalty battle big time. Difference in the game. We had a lot of big plays called back.

And who uncharacteristically committed the penalties and turned the ball over? It sure as hell wasn't the coaching staff or the fans. Mike, you tried to twist this around as if I was pointing a finger at LT. I was simple reminding everyone that it is a game played by an eclectic bunch of teenage boys.

And who uncharacteristically committed the penalties and turned the ball over? It sure as hell wasn't the coaching staff or the fans. Mike, you tried to twist this around as if I was pointing a finger at LT. I was simple reminding everyone that it is a game played by an eclectic bunch of teenage boys.
I honestly wasn't twisting this at all. I was actually agreeing with you.

Heritage has been bitten by the injury bug at QB and WR. I'm not sure if it would have mattered against Woodside and Phoebus. Phoebus is still a threat in 3A. Hampton and Heritage? I don't know. But the Canes are trying to get healthy in a hurry. I wouldn't call them "done" yet.
After the Week 1 win against LT, I was really thinking they were on their way to a tremendous season.

Devils is correct though, TO's and penalities, and especially at the HS level can have very dire results in the quest for the W.

that's one of things that scares me the most about Smithfield. Without turnovers, they look exceptionally good. But, they seem to like to put it on the ground too many times. Looking at the box scores, 4 and 5 fumbles each week. You can't be a contender playing give away all night. The teams from here on out will make you pay dearly.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Lafayette vs Byrd.

LT, Dinwiddie and Heritage will beat themselves up on the bottom part of the bracket in the East. Only 1 can emerge to play in state-semi.

East is much stronger than the West this year.

Last edited:

I was talking about Dinwiddie's offense when I said "finesse", didn't think I had to be that specific for you to not take that the wrong way. Never heard any defense get called "finesse" before. I can't believe you think this year's MBK is physical. :eek:

I'll repeat: Weeks ago I already accepted the fact that whatever happens to us, happens and is beyond our control. It's pure darn luck and good coaching that we didn't finish 6-4. If we lose again, oh well. Bigger things than football are going on with us right now.

I don't care about KG anymore, it's playoff time now and we aren't playing them, they obviously fell by the wayside and aren't going to beat anyone. And yes JM is still lousy.

I refuse to go into details, but I will say I promise that the defense we played tonight won't be seen next week, literally.

Yeah returning 3 starters and going 8-2 is real lousy. You're completely two faced, I remember you used to be all over our bandwagon a few years back.....

Yeah returning 3 starters and going 8-2 is real lousy. You're completely two faced, I remember you used to be all over our bandwagon a few years back.....

I've stated my thoughts on JM and Chancellor in my rankings thread that got deleted, after I watched that game on YouTube. They are both more finesse than physical offensively as well. So if I wasn't impressed with either of them in the trenches, that should say enough about my thoughts of the rest of the district this season. BUT I will say JM has an awesome kick/punt returner. I stated before and after we played Courtland that that was the worst Courtland offense I've ever seen, but their defense was good enough. The JM/KG game is, or will be on YouTube, so I'll probably watch some of it.

Finesse and not physical? They held Courtland under a 100 yards rushing and without a first down through three quarters and ran for almost 400?

Reactions: BleedingNavy

Finesse and not physical? They held Courtland under a 100 yards rushing and without a first down through three quarters and ran for almost 400?

According to some posters on here you aren't a physical team unless you run a Power I, option or Wing T. James Monroe a 3a school lost two games to 4a foes Chancellor and Dinwiddie (#3 and #1 seed in their east pod) and got better as the season progressed. I am not saying they will advance far in the playoffs (have no clue), but Coach Serbay, his staff and team deserve to be extremely proud of their accomplishments thus far.

In truth, I really don't understand how the word finesse (subtle or delicate manner) relates to football. It drives me nuts when posters says a team is not "physical" Physical has numerous meanings, but one that seems to fit is forceful and laborious. The last time I checked a counter was a counter, a sweep was a sweep, a draw was a draw and a pass was a pass. What difference does the set actually make? The reality is many teams utilize the pistol and spread the field to open up space and reduce the interior seven to five. This 5 vs.5 interior scheme helps smaller offensive lines create running lanes. Just like JM, Dinwiddie utilizes this scheme and the run is still the primary weapon. I guess the critique comes from the thought that a spread team cannot be a "smash mouth" team. It's no different than when some say "smash mouth teams can't pass". We all know that is not necessarily true and the sword cuts both ways. Being balanced and able to exploit your opponents weaknesses is the key. Heck, if you run it 50 times a game and win great. Pass it 50 times and win great again.

Football is football. 11 vs. 11 smacking heads. Some dodge and some run over you. I guess that's the difference. Good luck to JM and all of the non-conformist spread teams.lol.

So you think this year's JM is as good as the ones a few years ago, or even close to as good? Do you think they're even as good as last year? Just because I thought JM was really good years ago, and pretty good last year, it has nothing to do with this year. Teams change and opinions change. You know I have never been a JM supporter and rooted against them when they played Monticello, but I've still said they were good when they were good, so I don't know why you care so much about my opinion and call me two-faced just because this is the first year I've downed them. Last year's JM was better than this year's and lost to Courtland 41-6 last year, but competed with Dinwiddie.

Last edited:
According to some posters on here you aren't a physical team unless you run a Power I, option or Wing T. James Monroe a 3a school lost two games to 4a foes Chancellor and Dinwiddie (#3 and #1 seed in their east pod) and got better as the season progressed. I am not saying they will advance far in the playoffs (have no clue), but Coach Serbay, his staff and team deserve to be extremely proud of their accomplishments thus far.

In truth, I really don't understand how the word finesse (subtle or delicate manner) relates to football. It drives me nuts when posters says a team is not "physical" Physical has numerous meanings, but one that seems to fit is forceful and laborious. The last time I checked a counter was a counter, a sweep was a sweep, a draw was a draw and a pass was a pass. What difference does the set actually make? The reality is many teams utilize the pistol and spread the field to open up space and reduce the interior seven to five. This 5 vs.5 interior scheme helps smaller offensive lines create running lanes. Just like JM, Dinwiddie utilizes this scheme and the run is still the primary weapon. I guess the critique comes from the thought that a spread team cannot be a "smash mouth" team. It's no different than when some say "smash mouth teams can't pass". We all know that is not necessarily true and the sword cuts both ways. Being balanced and able to exploit your opponents weaknesses is the key. Heck, if you run it 50 times a game and win great. Pass it 50 times and win great again.

Football is football. 11 vs. 11 smacking heads. Some dodge and some run over you. I guess that's the difference. Good luck to JM and all of the non-conformist spread teams.lol.
Physical teams to me are teams who can still get good push by the offensive line and run it down your throat whether you try putting eight or more in the box or not. Doesn't matter the formation. Bird, Salem, older Amherst, Phoebus and Hampton teams, last year's Hanover, Lake Taylor, Stone Bridge, Riverheads, Giles, and Centreville are examples. Finesse teams to me can be teams who say they are run first or want to be run first, but usually have to be successful passing to open up the run. Or they like to run a lot of screens, bubble screens or quick passes. Flashy stuff. If you have to spread teams out to get more running lanes, you're not physical IMO, regardless of line size. If a team can line up and pound good teams with the I or Singleback, then go to a spread or pistol and do the same thing, even if they are not a good passing team, that's physical to me. Last year's Hanover is a good example of a team that would've pounded you, no matter what formation they ran.

JM look any different to you today @BleedingNavy? It seems to me they've changed some of their philosophy. And I think we aren't getting the full story on KG, I see a couple of missing players from the team I saw against Louisa... I also see a lot of KG beating themselves.

BN, you also said to me through inbox when talking about Dinwiddie's out of district schedule of next year, something along the lines of "with our luck, those teams will suck". That implies to me that you feel inside that this year's OOD teams on your schedule aren't good. Otherwise, why the heck would you say that, but act like the OOD teams are so good this year on the board?

Last edited:
Physical teams to me are teams who can still get good push by the offensive line and run it down your throat whether you try putting eight or more in the box or not. Doesn't matter the formation. Bird, Salem, older Amherst, Phoebus and Hampton teams, Lake Taylor, Stone Bridge, Riverheads, Giles, and Centreville are examples. Finesse teams to me can be teams who say they are run first or want to be run first, but usually have to be successful passing to open up the run. Or they like to run a lot of screens, bubble screens or quick passes. Flashy stuff. If you have to spread teams out to get more running lanes, you're not physical IMO, regardless of line size. If a team can line up and pound good teams with the I or Singleback, then go to a spread or pistol and do the same thing, even if they are not a good passing team, that's physical to me.

JM look any different to you today @BleedingNavy? It seems to be me they've changed some of their philosophy. And I think we aren't getting the full story on KG, I see a couple of missing players from the team I saw against Louisa... I also see a lot of KG beating themselves.

BN, you also said to me through inbox when talking about Dinwiddie's out of district schedule of next year, something along the lines of "with our luck, those teams will suck". That implies to me that you feel inside that this year's OOD teams on your schedule aren't good. Otherwise, why the heck would you say that, but act like the OOD teams are so good this year on the board?

That sure doesn't sound like anything Navy would ever say! He might have eluded to that fact that we hope our new OOD schedule next year wins a lot of games and don't have bad years. But, I don't think I've ever heard him refer to any team in that manner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT