Piedmont MidSeason Report

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Elite Teams:
GW
Martinsville
Don't have to say nothing else. These two teams win. The seniors from both teams have been to states for the past 3-4 years.

Next level down from elite:
Halifax. James Smith Jr. & Zion Bailey lead this team. I think they make noise in the 5a playoffs especially after seeing Henrico and Highland Springs play a couple weeks ago. Halifax is defensive oriented and has already beaten the Dawgs twice this year and GW could be next. I don't have them as elite (loses to Franklin Co and Person are ahhhhhh :confused:) but they still are one of the toughest teams in the state, blue collar, that can make some noise. Coach Williams has himself a darn good team in South Boston.

Team that can beat any of those 3 teams on any given night:
Franklin County. GW always struggled when they go to Rocky Mount. FC has beaten Heritage, Glass, Halifax, Fleming and PH. Very solid resume going into 6a conference

Sleeper:
Bassett. Wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak into the 4a playoffs this year. Have a much easier road than GW.

Most improved:
Patrick County. These guys have a lot of heart. They've had some tough times in Stuart but they come into the Dog House and give the 2 time defending state champs a scare. They're doing the right things to get that program back in order.

Most disappointing:
Tunstall. They have talent but just can't seem to put it together. Maybe time for new direction of that program, at least I hope so. IMO, this Tunstall team should've at least won 7-10 games this year.
Magna Vista. The talent is just not there. The guys are playing hard and that's all you can ask for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT