ADVERTISEMENT

Points for playing private school Division 1

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
Lafayette had scheduled playing in football this fall St Christopher’s of Richmond. Their a division 1 private school, what is the power points for playoff calculations of this team? I’ve never seen Lafayette schedule a private school so I haven’t a clue what they will be considered ; class 2,3 or 4.

Thanks

Lafayette had scheduled playing in football this fall St Christopher’s of Richmond. Their a division 1 private school, what is the power points for playoff calculations of this team? I’ve never seen Lafayette schedule a private school so I haven’t a clue what they will be considered ; class 2,3 or 4.

Thanks
You don't get pts for playing a private school team. It's not counted as a game. If Lafayette has 10 scheduled games, (1 of them being against a private school) then their total points will be divided by 9 games.

Reactions: Lafayette
Yes sir, you do. I verified this with the League office.
Thanks DP. I was wondering why Lafayette would schedule a game that gives no points. Lafayette’s 2 ODD games are St Christopher and Spotslyvania. Surprised they did not renew 2 year deal with King William. Now I need to wonder how that school is handled for power points. They did play 11 games last year, all private schools in Va snd DC. Decent record at 7-4.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Thanks DP. I was wondering why Lafayette would schedule a game that gives no points. Lafayette’s 2 ODD games are St Christopher and Spotslyvania. Surprised they did not renew 2 year deal with King William. Now I need to wonder how that school is handled for power points. They did play 11 games last year, all private schools in Va snd DC. Decent record at 7-4.
I’ll find out for you.

St Christopher’s was considered a Class 2 school last year for the purpose of the ratings scale.

Let me clarify, 22/23 school year.

Reactions: Lafayette
Lafayette, one factor that will hurt you a little is St Christopher “rider” points. When they play a school that is a “boarding school”, the VHSL does not recognize the game so Lafayette will not get rider points for their win or loss in that game.

It looks like St Christopher’s played two or three boarding schools this past season.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Lafayette, one factor that will hurt you a little is St Christopher “rider” points. When they play a school that is a “boarding school”, the VHSL does not recognize the game so Lafayette will not get rider points for their win or loss in that game.

It looks like St Christopher’s played two or three boarding schools this past season.
Yes, I need to find out why they scheduled them , never played a private school in last 25 years. Just seems odd to me. Is that hard for Lafayette to schedule an OOD game these days?

Yes, I need to find out why they scheduled them , never played a private school in last 25 years. Just seems odd to me. Is that hard for Lafayette to schedule an OOD game these days?
Well, it’s first come, first serve, when it comes to lining up OOD opponents when a new cycle is upon us. Most AD’s are having discussions as much as a year ahead of time to renew or replace an opponent.

What hurts is when a school has agreed to play you, (but is not under contract), and then late into the year, they change their mind. That leaves you scrambling.

Bruton : 2A; wins in '22 & '21 : 5 & 3
St. C. : 2A; 'ratings' wins in '22 & '21 : 4 & 2
basically no difference lately

Bruton : 2A; wins in '22 & '21 : 5 & 3
St. C. : 2A; 'ratings' wins in '22 & '21 : 4 & 2
basically no difference lately
Bruton is suppose to go back on the schedule in next cycle.

Interesting: Lake Taylor is also playing St. C. LT plays Camden NJ same weekend Lafayette plays Spotslyvania. Too bad we didn’t schedule playing each other instead. Nice very early playoff preview.

Last edited:

Thanks
Interesting, I didn't even think about it. I wish I could go back in time and play football for my school again. I remember how I pay for homework in order to have time to go to training, I used https://ca.edubirdie.com/pay-for-homework for this. It was very cool and I miss it. Now we sometimes meet with our teammates and remember those days, joking with each other. It just made me nostalgic.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT