ADVERTISEMENT

Proud Hilltopper

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Not many Lynchburg people on here that riot for Glass but, proud ECG Alum here. Ec Glass definitely showed up last night to support.

Proud of the way our team played last night. Loved the energy of that first half after being down 14-0.

Big thanks to the coaching staff for all they do for the guys, especially Coach Woody. Coach Woody means so much to the EC Glass community and we are grateful to have him leading the Football program. The Blueprint is making a big difference.

26 Seniors! A lot of great football players and young men that I have had the privilege to watch over the last 4 years. DreSean Kendrick will go down as if not the greatest offensive player in ECG history, one of the best for sure. The young man is special to say the least. Ty Foster has the heart of a lion, turned so many heads in that stadium when he stepped on the field his sophomore season. City Q developed into a fine football player and was fun to watch. Seeing the development of BJ wheat and that offensive line was a beautiful thing. The Merry man Himself (Jadan Merriman) coming off that edge and terrorizing defenses. HOLDEN FRETZ! What a monster on the DLine! Gonna miss that Xavius Hager energy! I could name so many more seniors because this was a great senior class! These guys will go far in life for sure!

Excited about the talent coming up! Marquise Woodruff made some plays last night! He and DMoe Mosley will be very good receivers in 4D next year. Can’t say enough about Markevus Graves Franklin either. Two way starter as a sophomore, and played hard every down. kid is a Dog! Country Q, Eli Wood, Took big steps forward this year.

Future is bright at Glass and the culture is established. Keep knocking and soon we’ll break the door down and put pictures on the wall!

Not many Lynchburg people on here that riot for Glass but, proud ECG Alum here. Ec Glass definitely showed up last night to support.

Proud of the way our team played last night. Loved the energy of that first half after being down 14-0.

Big thanks to the coaching staff for all they do for the guys, especially Coach Woody. Coach Woody means so much to the EC Glass community and we are grateful to have him leading the Football program. The Blueprint is making a big difference.

26 Seniors! A lot of great football players and young men that I have had the privilege to watch over the last 4 years. DreSean Kendrick will go down as if not the greatest offensive player in ECG history, one of the best for sure. The young man is special to say the least. Ty Foster has the heart of a lion, turned so many heads in that stadium when he stepped on the field his sophomore season. City Q developed into a fine football player and was fun to watch. Seeing the development of BJ wheat and that offensive line was a beautiful thing. The Merry man Himself (Jadan Merriman) coming off that edge and terrorizing defenses. HOLDEN FRETZ! What a monster on the DLine! Gonna miss that Xavius Hager energy! I could name so many more seniors because this was a great senior class! These guys will go far in life for sure!

Excited about the talent coming up! Marquise Woodruff made some plays last night! He and DMoe Mosley will be very good receivers in 4D next year. Can’t say enough about Markevus Graves Franklin either. Two way starter as a sophomore, and played hard every down. kid is a Dog! Country Q, Eli Wood, Took big steps forward this year.

Future is bright at Glass and the culture is established. Keep knocking and soon we’ll break the door down and put pictures on the wall!
That team is full of classy players. You should be nothing but proud!

Great season for EC Glass. Not sure there are even any class 5 or 6 teams who could win in November at Salem Stadium.

Great post.

This Glass team had the best sportsmanship of any team that I have seen play Salem all year. They would hit you and then help you up... no trash talking, no taunting... just good football. As advertised Hager, Ayers, Fretz, Merriman and company gave the Salem offense a lot of trouble. That is a very good football team and I have nothing but respect for the players, coaches and fans.

I think they have built a good program. After Henson, Glass really went downhill for a number of years. They lose a lot of great Sr's this year, but I think they will be players in Region D going forward, especially with the coaching staff they have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT