ADVERTISEMENT

Radford at Glenvar

So what's the scoop on this one???? What says the folks who have seen both play?
Radford going to have anything for Glenvar???
I know I saw Radfords sophomore kicking at a camp in Richmond this past weekend. As long as he has a snapper to get him the ball I can't imagine too many schools having the upper hand in the special teams department.

So you have them beating your beloved Appomattox? Only way Glenvar plays for a title, or even a semi final game, is if they win Region C and beat Appomattox.

How can that happen if Appo is two TDs better?

I got Glenvar playing for the state champ game against Appo in game 3. I got Appo as 2 TD favorites over all em cause Appo is comin for all the belts! We come up to 3A next year and get that belt or drop to 1A and take that belt. Were comin for all the belts!

So you have them beating your beloved Appomattox? Only way Glenvar plays for a title, or even a semi final game, is if they win Region C and beat Appomattox.

How can that happen if Appo is two TDs better?

Not worth the effort it takes your fingers to type a response.
Just remember to not lump all of us together.

Radford @ Glenvar will tell us a lot about what to expect in Region C playoffs. Everyone's still humble hungry and after a week off ...rested. Radford seems to be getting better every week so should be a very good, competitive game which would be good for both teams heading into the playoffs. I think this game comes down to Glenvar's defense versus Radfords playmakers. Radford's got to get to the edge and Glenvars defense has to get into the backfield and disrupt the play before it gets started.

Radford @ Glenvar will tell us a lot about what to expect in Region C playoffs. Everyone's still humble hungry and after a week off ...rested. Radford seems to be getting better every week so should be a very good, competitive game which would be good for both teams heading into the playoffs. I think this game comes down to Glenvar's defense versus Radfords playmakers. Radford's got to get to the edge and Glenvars defense has to get into the backfield and disrupt the play before it gets started.
Low scoring, defensive game. Not the kind HR wants to watch

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Haven't seen Radford play but very impressed with Glenvar. Hard to measure by Glenvar's game with Giles because we aren't very good. If Glenvar can contain Prioleau then they should win. Obviously turnovers, penalties etc can have an impact but Glenvar was solid on both sides of the ball. Nothing flashy but very solid.

Might be wrong, because high school football can make fools of even the most astute observers, but I've got a feeling it's gonna be Glenvar vs. Poquoson in the state title game. The Highlanders vs. the Islanders.
Meanwhile, East Rock Eagles are laying waste to everything in their path.

Glenvar has played really conservative on offense all year and relied on the defense. Pretty sure there is a lot more to their playbook that hasn't been used to date. Looking forward to seeing this team's full potential on offense.

Haven't seen Radford play but very impressed with Glenvar. Hard to measure by Glenvar's game with Giles because we aren't very good. If Glenvar can contain Prioleau then they should win. Obviously turnovers, penalties etc can have an impact but Glenvar was solid on both sides of the ball. Nothing flashy but very solid.
I don't know the stat on turnovers, but my general gut feeling is that we have 3 times the takeaways as the giveaways overall. Also been able to get alot of turnovers on downs this year. Running backs have been great at hanging on to the ball and DB's have been much better than anticipated making picks albeit many are caused because the pass rush is forcing bad passes. I love the team game Glenvar plays. No weaknesses, and lots of interchangeable, reliable pieces.

Might be wrong, because high school football can make fools of even the most astute observers, but I've got a feeling it's gonna be Glenvar vs. Poquoson in the state title game. The Highlanders vs. the Islanders.
Just as good of a prediction as any. I do hope that if Appo makes it far enough to play Glenvar, they will make sure to verify with the power company of no "pre-planned" outages or if they do at least notify Appomattox team and fanbase ahead of time. We got there and we filled the parking lot up only to be in total darkness. It was quite suspicious that none of the home team was there. Then again knowing the screw ups the Appo AD makes it could easily have been a lack of communication on one persons part. Either way it was a big distraction.

Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool
Just as good of a prediction as any. I do hope that if Appo makes it far enough to play Glenvar, they will make sure to verify with the power company of no "pre-planned" outages or if they do at least notify Appomattox team and fanbase ahead of time. We got there and we filled the parking lot up only to be in total darkness. It was quite suspicious that none of the home team was there. Then again knowing the screw ups the Appo AD makes it could easily have been a lack of communication on one persons part. Either way it was a big distraction.
Yup...Glenvar and the power company are in kahoots to throw Appo off their game so I will announce right now another pre-planned outage so here is your official notification not to show up until 7:45pm.. Game won't start until 8:30pm. Please share this info with the team.

I was there and it actually was nice , coach smith invited the fans for appo to come on the field and turn on the flash lights on there cell phones so the team cold see to warm up , that kinda stuff doesn’t rattle a team that has won 3 state championships in a row , so that’s fine no problem at all !!

Be careful what you wish for about letting this team know stuff the last guy that made a very bad decision to go on social media and call out the raiders just let up a fire storm to witch turn into a complete butt whipping at Salem , that was number 2 championship !

Reactions: Appo3
Be careful what you wish for about letting this team know stuff the last guy that made a very bad decision to go on social media and call out the raiders just let up a fire storm to witch turn into a complete butt whipping at Salem , that was number 2 championship !

Yeah I'm sure that was the reason SMH

Probably was the fact Appomattox was light years better than any team in 2A

Got a feeling this game will be closer than most think. Do I think Radford can win? Yes. Do I think Radford will win? No.

Glenvar 31
Radford 22

Reactions: oldfool
Appo3.....PLEASE STOP!!!! Your are doing the community of Appomattox a disservice. I applaud your fan-hood for the team, but please keep it classy man....You know how Coach Smith is and how he is as a man (and a Man of God)....how would he view ya post? Let that sink in...

Reactions: HolyFrog
Appo3.....PLEASE STOP!!!! Your are doing the community of Appomattox a disservice. I applaud your fan-hood for the team, but please keep it classy man....You know how Coach Smith is and how he is as a man (and a Man of God)....how would he view ya post? Let that sink in...

Just keeping it real. Players gonna play and haters gonna hate. Tayler Cribbs sung it best

So what's the scoop on this one???? What says the folks who have seen both play?
Radford going to have anything for Glenvar???
I know I saw Radfords sophomore kicking at a camp in Richmond this past weekend. As long as he has a snapper to get him the ball I can't imagine too many schools having the upper hand in the special teams department.
We played both teams back to back towards the beginning of the season. Beat Radford 49 to 14 and lost to Glenvar 24 to 21. While both teams have improved since then Radford has been consistent and Glenvar has sometimes played down to their competition IE Carroll County.

Our speed hurt both teams, especially Radford as that is their strength as well. Glenvar has Size, speed, strength and more experience. Both are good teams, Glenvar is better on paper as well as the eye test and a year ahead of Radford.

To me it is according to which Glenvar team shows up. My humble opinion is Glenvar by two to Three TDs.

Last edited:
We played both teams back to back towards the beginning of the season. Beat Radford 49 to 14 and lost to Glenvar 24 to 21. While both teams have improved since then Radford has been consistent and Glenvar has sometimes played down to their competition IE Carroll County.

Our speed hurt both teams, especially Radford as that is their strength as well. Glenvar has Size, speed, strength and more experience. Both are good teams, Glenvar is better on paper as well as the eye test and a year ahead of Radford.

To me it is according to which Glanvar team shows up. My humble opinion is Glenvar by two to Three TDs.
Final for Galax @ Radford was actually 41-21 Galax. Radford picked up a score late to get to 21.

Reactions: Optimal62
I'm Glenvar confident, if we stay hungry and play like we are capable. Glenvar usually comes out of the off week better for having had the time off to heal and prepare (see Giles comments). Of all the teams on our schedule, this is the one that I think could be the toughest just because Radford always seems to pull off the big plays they cannot make against anyone else and they seem to be hitting their stride. This should be a great game and looking forward to it.

Reactions: Bo Bob

Nice, islandersfan! Poquoson will have to win at East Rock in the semis, as I think they'll handle either Goochland or Amelia...no easy task, but they're capable...love this time of year!

Reactions: islandersfan
I got Glenvar playing for the state champ game against Appo in game 3. I got Appo as 2 TD favorites over all em cause Appo is comin for all the belts! We come up to 3A next year and get that belt or drop to 1A and take that belt. Were comin for all the belts!
You just put your foot in your mouth, BigWinners just made you eat your words....Pretty Humorous... That come back you had was weak cause you had nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT