ADVERTISEMENT

Radford vs Glenvar

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
What say y'all?
Do the cats have what it will take to win this?

Radford has a way of matching up well with Glenvar giving them a fit. So looking at paper is about useless to size this game up. Going with some history and gut instinct here Radford gets the win in a too close to call game.

Reactions: 38SuperPower
Unless the Bobcats have improved on the line since I watched them play Gate City, I don't think they will be able to match up with Glenvar. However, if they do find a way to win, it will leave Appo sitting pretty in Reg C.

Radford is very much improved from the Gate City and Christiansburg games. We have a lot of first time starters this year that have very good athleticism and have the potential to be really good football players, but they were raw. Over the last 3 weeks, they have kind of started to turn to the corner.

Reactions: Union_Fan
Unless the Bobcats have improved on the line since I watched them play Gate City, I don't think they will be able to match up with Glenvar. However, if they do find a way to win, it will leave Appo sitting pretty in Reg C.
If i figured correctly it wont change Appo's seeding.

• Wow
Reactions: Bo Bob
If i figured correctly it wont change Appo's seeding.
Assuming all games are made up that are scheduled to be, this is what final 2C ratings will look like if Glenvar beats Radford...

01.)Glenvar9-126726.7
02.)Appomattox8-122625.11111
03.)Radford7-322322.3
04.)Floyd Co5-519119.1
05.)James River4-618818.8
06.)Patrick Co4-618818.8
07.)Gretna5-416818.66667
08.)Martinsville4-618618.6

If Radford beats Glenvar, they should look something like this...

01.)Appomattox8-122625.11111
02.)Glenvar8-224924.9
03.)Radford8-224224.2
04.)Floyd Co5-519119.1
06.)Patrick Co4-618818.8
07.)Gretna5-416818.66667
08.)Martinsville4-618518.5

Obviously, at that margin, it would only take a game or two to boost Glenvar back to #1.

Reactions: RadfordCat
Radford has gotten some kids healthy that missed the first several games which is letting other kids play in better positions. The line is only minus one kid. it will be interesting to see how the weather might affect game plan. I think if Glenvar can run the ball they will win. if they try to pass then it might be interesting. Radford will struggle to run the ball and it will be solely on how well Baylor can hit receivers. He has been inconsistent so far. my guess is he won't do well.

Radford has gotten some kids healthy that missed the first several games which is letting other kids play in better positions. The line is only minus one kid. it will be interesting to see how the weather might affect game plan. I think if Glenvar can run the ball they will win. if they try to pass then it might be interesting. Radford will struggle to run the ball and it will be solely on how well Baylor can hit receivers. He has been inconsistent so far. my guess is he won't do well.
Maybe i had it backwards i thought radford was more of a run team. With the prospect of rain i was favoring radford.

Assuming all games are made up that are scheduled to be, this is what final 2C ratings will look like if Glenvar beats Radford...

01.)Glenvar9-126726.7
02.)Appomattox8-122625.11111
03.)Radford7-322322.3
04.)Floyd Co5-519119.1
06.)Patrick Co4-618818.8
07.)Gretna5-416818.66667
08.)Martinsville4-618618.6

If Radford beats Glenvar, they should look something like this...

02.)Glenvar8-224924.9
03.)Radford8-224224.2
04.)Floyd Co5-519119.1
06.)Patrick Co4-618818.8
07.)Gretna5-416818.66667
08.)Martinsville4-618518.5

Obviously, at that margin, it would only take a game or two to boost Glenvar back to #1.
it's a shame that if Radford wins, they won't move ahead of Glenvar. If Radford beats both Glenvar and James River, does that get Radford enough?

it's a shame that if Radford wins, they won't move ahead of Glenvar. If Radford beats both Glenvar and James River, does that get Radford enough?
I don't think they will get enough rider points to go their way. This is how I estimate it ending up. They would need 4 games to go their way that probably won't. GC is not going to beat Central or Ridgeview, Carroll Co is a wash because Radford beat them, Floyd and will most likely defeat James River. So no points there or from Alleghany.

All that's left is to hope that George Wythe beats Grayson Co and Ft. Chiswell to beat Tazewell. That's only 4 of the 8 pts needed. If Giles were to upset Glenvar, that would do it!

02.)Glenvar8-224924.9
03.)Radford8-224224.2

Reactions: RadfordCat
Looks like Radford has nothing to lose. They will be the 3rd seed win or lose so maybe they will come out relaxed and loose and have some fun.

I guess I'm a homer, and don't mean this with disrespect to Glenvar as Glenvar is a very good team, but guys, we've got a lot of good football players and talent on our team. Starting the year, they were young, raw, many players inexperienced and lots of injuries. Also, from a mental toughness standpoint, very weak as we just quit against Christiansburg. With that written, the kids are quickly growing up, getting healthy, starting to show the talent they have, and we do have some talented kids. I don't think it's an upset at all if we win. Calpreps has this at 28-26 Glenvar. Even with some weaker opponents the last few weeks, we have still played better from blocking technique, to tackling, to players being in position.

We may get hammered and I hope not, but I think, with the way we've been playing, and with the confidence our kids now have, and with them finally getting healthy and the new kids having enough starts under their belts, I think we actually win this game by 10 points. I would actually be surprised if we lose this game, and again, no disrespect to Glenvar. I'm basing this on how Radford has looked. It's evident in practice. Totally different team than what we were from the start through midway. Only my take...

My 2 cents worth. Glenvar plays really well as a team, has no star players and is very balanced. Radford seems to always have the X factor against Glenvar, including the best athlete on the field, favorable matchups and they seem to get the lucky breaks. It will come down to big plays one way or the other. Glenvar's passing game and receiver speed against Radford's big playmaker. If the rain is torrential like it was in the mudfest 2 years ago, the winner will be the team that can run the ball the best and all predictions are out the window. Prediction Glenvar 35 Radford 28. Should be a great game. Looking forward to another classic Radford vs Glenvar.

Reactions: Stabler1980
I don't think so. I think Appo outpoints Glenvar by a slim margin if Radford beats Glenvar. One more thing, Giles isn't bad guys. They aren't yet back to being the Giles of old, but the Glenvar vs Giles game in the final regular season game is not an automatic win. Glenvar a favorite for sure, but Giles has improved and this game could possibly be interesting if Giles were to get a few turnovers from Glenvar. I would think Glenvar would win the Giles game by a couple of touchdowns, but you never know. Giles has their confidence up and they are healthy from what I understand, and they might just make that Glenvar game interesting. Glenvar has Radford tonight, but for Glenvar, their not completely out of the woods with the regular season when tonight's game ends. They still have another game that could present a problem, if they show up flat or turn it over a bunch.

Watching it on NFHS and the camera did not move but obviously the Glenvar receiver caught it and they win as time expires.

WOW, it looked as Radford knocked it down but must have bounced off and Glenvar player caught it in the end zone before it hit the ground. Wow. Radford gave that game to them. Durn VHSL camera didn't catch the play.

WOW, it looked as Radford knocked it down but must have bounced off and Glenvar player caught it in the end zone before it hit the ground. Wow. Radford gave that game to them. Durn VHSL camera didn't catch the play.
Yup Radford had about a dozen ops to put the game away.

Reactions: HolyFrog
Well that kind of luck has been on Radford's side against Glenvar from my many observations over the years, but not tonight. 23-21 Glenvar on last play from the backup QB. The Radford QB looks D1 legit.

Well that kind of luck has been on Radford's side against Glenvar from my many observations over the years, but not tonight. 23-21 Glenvar on last play from the backup QB. The Radford QB looks D1 legit.
Looked pretty good to be a backup!

What's the status on the starting QB?

Looked pretty good to be a backup!

What's the status on the starting QB?
The starting QB seems to be ok as far as I can tell watching him walking around after the game. Probably out under precautionary concussion protocol last 2 series but I don't have any inside info.

Reactions: Union_Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT