ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4D Championship

I would be willing to guess some of those always comparing fan support would trade some W and Ls. It is always great to have fans support you but you play and coach the game because you love it, not to see how may people come. To me it is definitely run its course of talking about ECG and HHS's support or lack there of. Support your team, who cares whether you have the most fans or not, JUST WIN BABY!

Reactions: VolNation85
I would be willing to guess some of those always comparing fan support would trade some W and Ls. It is always great to have fans support you but you play and coach the game because you love it, not to see how may people come. To me it is definitely run its course of talking about ECG and HHS's support or lack there of. Support your team, who cares whether you have the most fans or not, JUST WIN BABY!
I agree in general with respect to W's vs. fans catchtds, but I also tire of folks in the suburban, county and private school camps who perpetuate myths about my high school. Most of them play in crappy facilities and crow about "filling" their shoebox stadiums, while E.C. Glass student-athletes enjoy great fan bases, booster support and an unmatched winning tradition (department-wide) in our area. We have 40+ state championship banners hanging in our gym (all privately funded) and some clowns show up to watch us pound JF by 40 in McCue gymnasium once every 10 years and decide to become an expert on "city schools" fan support. Maybe the crowd was light that night because nobody likes watching uncompetitive matchups with unathletic county teams,

A
I agree in general with respect to W's vs. fans catchtds, but I also tire of folks in the suburban, county and private school camps who perpetuate myths about my high school. Most of them play in crappy facilities and crow about "filling" their shoebox stadiums, while E.C. Glass student-athletes enjoy great fan bases, booster support and an unmatched winning tradition (department-wide) in our area. We have 40+ state championship banners hanging in our gym (all privately funded) and some clowns show up to watch us pound JF by 40 in McCue gymnasium once every 10 years and decide to become an expert on "city schools" fan support. Maybe the crowd was light that night because nobody likes watching uncompetitive matchups with unathletic county teams,
Agree with you!

Reactions: Hilltopper1991
My motivation is looking at the stands when I ref a ball game at Glass or Heritage. Good crowds for the playoffs. Regular season not so much. I was at city stadium for a Heritage-Rustburg in one of the years when Heritage won the state championship. I t was 50 fans in attendance for Heritage.
Yeah...Rustburg do pretty well in that one?

Reactions: bowlingref
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT