ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4D

jfcav1

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 14, 2014
My understanding is that 4 of the 8 make playoffs this year? Who is your prediction? Would love to see 2 responses... 1) who is your common prediction of top 4? And who is your darkhorse prediction of top 4?

My understanding is that 4 of the 8 make playoffs this year? Who is your prediction? Would love to see 2 responses... 1) who is your common prediction of top 4? And who is your darkhorse prediction of top 4?
I think it's Salem's to lose. It will be a toss up for the other 3 spots. Here is my top 4 (no particular order other than Salem)

1. Salem
2-4. GW
2-4. Glass
2-4. Amherst

I agree with 3 of your 4. GW, Glass, Salem, and I like Pulaski instead of Amherst.
I was going back and forth between Amherst and Pulaski. I gave Amherst the slight edge for the simple fact of continuity among players and staff. I know Pulaski graduated a lot of their best players and they will have a new system under a new HC without the benefit of a traditional off season. Thanks to our new friend COVID-19.

1. Salem - no one comes close
2. GW - talented skill players and linebackers. Heard they’re not doing team workouts yet. That could hurt them.
3. Pulaski - they should still have the defensive tenacity. Lines return. Offensive identity should be revamped with Dixon there now.
4. Glass - new faces, new offensive identity with the graduation

Halifax has talented youth, but with the drama and coaching change, not sure how good they’ll be.

How big of a step forward will Amherst take? They’ll definitely be improved with the experience, coaching, and youth theyhave coming up. I’d like to see their schedule too. Depends on which Seminole teams they play.

I have no idea what JF is gonna do. They graduated a big class and lost a few players due to transfer.

Seems like Blacksburg has been getting thinner since 2018, but they could surprise.

Salem, GW, Glass and Pulaski.

Think Salem wins this thing easily. Danville hasn’t started team workouts yet and they are in huge trouble if they play an all district schedule. They have a lot of returning talent but will be young in a lot of areas. With that said, I expect Pulaski to get a few transfers in and be that second team to beat after Salem.

Reactions: lyhsports
I was chatting on Scorestream Friday night with a Martinsburg fan who lives in Fla. now. He played for Martinsburg in 79-82, so he follows them. He looked at my favorites list and saw that Salem was on it, knew what a powerhouse they were. Good convo was had. imho, Salem is the team to beat, although it would be nice to see Amherst get back up there again.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I was chatting on Scorestream Friday night with a Martinsburg fan who lives in Fla. now. He played for Martinsburg in 79-82, so he follows them. He looked at my favorites list and saw that Salem was on it, knew what a powerhouse they were. Good convo was had. imho, Salem is the team to beat, although it would be nice to see Amherst get back up there again.
Had we played a real schedule this year, it would’ve been a huge shocker if Salem did not go 10-0 and sweep through the Region unblemished. Tusky will be good but I just don’t see them beating this Salem team. They are loaded with size and speed at every position. I have them playing Dinwiddie or Monacan for the championship this March.

I’ve already seen where GW is playing Martinsville this spring. If they can somehow get out of playing Martinsville and/or Patrick, that will leave them 1-2 games for an out of district opponent. I know Glass would play them assuming they drop Liberty or Rustburg. Amherst as well. Doubt very seriously that Dinwiddie will play GW being that their district is going to be very good this year unless they drop Meadowbrook or Colonial Heights. Nick Anderson has already said that he’d love to drop those meaningless district games (he didn’t call any names) but it’s ultimately up to the higher ups. I know a few teams in the 804 are changing their schedules up for competitive measures and so is Riverheads (playing Tazewell).

Had we played a real schedule this year, it would’ve been a huge shocker if Salem did not go 10-0 and sweep through the Region unblemished. Tusky will be good but I just don’t see them beating this Salem team. They are loaded with size and speed at every position. I have them playing Dinwiddie or Monacan for the championship this March.
Actually, you just reminded me in my chat with the guy on Scorestream, he mentioned his son plays for Tusky and his son said that Salem was the best he'd ever played against.

I’ve already seen where GW is playing Martinsville this spring. If they can somehow get out of playing Martinsville and/or Patrick, that will leave them 1-2 games for an out of district opponent. I know Glass would play them assuming they drop Liberty or Rustburg. Amherst as well. Doubt very seriously that Dinwiddie will play GW being that their district is going to be very good this year unless they drop Meadowbrook or Colonial Heights. Nick Anderson has already said that he’d love to drop those meaningless district games (he didn’t call any names) but it’s ultimately up to the higher ups. I know a few teams in the 804 are changing their schedules up for competitive measures and so is Riverheads (playing Tazewell).
I see Brookville is not playing Glass, according to their schedule. My guess is the Seminole teams will play within District minus one team.

Actually, you just reminded me in my chat with the guy on Scorestream, he mentioned his son plays for Tusky and his son said that Salem was the best he'd ever played against.
Last year’s Salem team was smaller than others that they’ve had but different year, same results. As I get older and am around football more (coaching at the varsity level), the more I appreciate the program at Salem.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I think it’s time they go ahead and add Louisa, EV, Orange, Spotsy, King George, Culpeper, Courtland, and Chancellor to 4D. Many of those teams will have travel issues and complain but it’s a temporary fix.

I think it’s time they go ahead and add Louisa, EV, Orange, Spotsy, King George, Culpeper, Courtland, and Chancellor to 4D. Many of those teams will have travel issues and complain but it’s a temporary fix.
Agreed.

4D East
Louisa
Eastern View
Orange
Spotsylvania
King George
Culpeper
Courtland
Chancellor

4D - West
Amherst
Blacksburg
E. C. Glass
George Washington
Halifax County
Jefferson Forest
Pulaski
Salem

Regionals in the QF (1Ev4W; 2Ev3W) and (1Wv4E; 2Wv3E)

Why would the solution to decreasing one division be to double another lmao, that's a horrible solution.

it is gonna be.

Zero chance they double up 4D. They'll give them four more, that's it. 4D's just going to naturally be a small division, there's more 3A schools around this area than 4A, forcing permanent cross-state garbage on them isn't the solution by any stretch.

Zero chance they double up 4D. They'll give them four more, that's it. 4D's just going to naturally be a small division, there's more 3A schools around this area than 4A, forcing permanent cross-state garbage on them isn't the solution by any stretch.
Do you have to jump at everybody’s neck because you don’t agree with them? Just say you don’t agree without the jabs. It’s a football board not a debate about everything.

Do you have to jump at everybody’s neck because you don’t agree with them? Just say you don’t agree without the jabs. It’s a football board not a debate about everything.

How in God's name did you get a "jab" from that post? You need to relax.

I simply don't agree with punishing 4D with extra travel and expenses because 4B can't get its act together, end of story.

How in God's name did you get a "jab" from that post? You need to relax.

I simply don't agree with punishing 4D with extra travel and expenses because 4B can't get its act together, end of story.
I was working earlier.. You literally bitch about everything man. You cried all summer in the political arguments that shouldn’t have even been on here anyway. Now we’re finally talking football and you cry.

I think it's Salem's to lose. It will be a toss up for the other 3 spots. Here is my top 4 (no particular order other than Salem)

1. Salem
2-4. GW
2-4. Glass
2-4. Amherst

Amherst needs 1 more year before everyone see improvement.Special group coming up

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I see Brookville is not playing Glass, according to their schedule. My guess is the Seminole teams will play within District minus one team.
That is correct. They are playing their first six district games only. Each team simply dropped their last regular season game.

Glass vs Brookville dropped
Heritage vs LCA dropped
JF vs Rustburg dropped
Liberty(Bedford) vs Amherst dropped

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT