ADVERTISEMENT

Region B #2 Monacan vs #3 Dinwiddie

Who wins?

• Monacan

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Dinwiddie

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
This is such a Power House game. This point in the season records mean nothing. Who you beat or who beat you kick it out the door. At this point in the season it is who will be able to play 4 Quarters of Football. All 48 minutes you must be able to play hard all night. I think this and the other 4a playoff game will be some of the best games all year. Buy 2 drinks & 2 hotdogs just so you will not lose your seat. Good Luck both teams and stay Healthy.

I look for this game to be a war. Both are very well coached and both teams want this. Monacan and Dinwiddie will need to play near perfect football. Both teams have shot themselves in the foot with penalties this season. Gotta clean it up this week. I was worried before the start of the season after losing so many last year. My Generals have already exceeded expectations and I am damn proud of them. That being said Ive gotta go with my boys 24-21. Good luck to all teams this week

Reactions: Gen54 and mbonape1
I wonder if this football season will spark some conversations in Hanover and Chesterfield Counties regardling turf fields

Reactions: Gen54
I cant speak for Hanover or Chesterfield, but Dinwiddie has been weighing the pros and cons for the past two years. For teams still playing home games after last weekends destruction and more rain coming the fields are going to be in need of emergency repair. For those schhols who also have boys/girls soccer playing on the fields in the spring it will only get worse. I am not a big turf fan, but the long term ecomical impact makes since.

For smaller rural one school counties its just tough to find $800,000. We are evaluating it, but need to decide if its worth the investment. Heck, the Williamsburg area has tons of revenue, but 3 schools share one field.

Reactions: ForksUp
I cant speak for Hanover or Chesterfield, but Dinwiddie has been weighing the pros and cons for the past two years. For teams still playing home games after last weekends destruction and more rain coming the fields are going to be in need of emergency repair. For those schhols who also have boys/girls soccer playing on the fields in the spring it will only get worse. I am not a big turf fan, but the long term ecomical impact makes since.

For smaller rural one school counties its just tough to find $800,000. We are evaluating it, but need to decide if its worth the investment. Heck, the Williamsburg area has tons of revenue, but 3 schools share one field.
I would think that rabid fanbase in DC would pony up some money for this - you only have to install one!

Man, most of the money in Dinwiddie is "old money". There are still farms and several big businesses (Amazon and Wal Mart Distribution) that call Dinwiddie home, but we are not seeing a lot of growth.

Yes, the fans are loyal and support our team, but $800.000 is hard to come by. Our new superintendent, Dr. Weston is sharp and really has instilled a new pride in our schools. Hopefully, we can pull something together. The County just finished building an entirely new government complex, so the budget is stretched.

Man, most of the money in Dinwiddie is "old money". There are still farms and several big businesses (Amazon and Wal Mart Distribution) that call Dinwiddie home, but we are not seeing a lot of growth.

Yes, the fans are loyal and support our team, but $800.000 is hard to come by. Our new superintendent, Dr. Weston is sharp and really has instilled a new pride in our schools. Hopefully, we can pull something together. The County just finished building an entirely new government complex, so the budget is stretched.
and I guess none of your former players have made it to the NFL yet. ;):rolleyes:

and I guess none of your former players have made it to the NFL yet. ;):rolleyes:
No disrespect, but what the heck does that have to do with turf? To answer your question I believe one player made it to the CFL and two have been cut during training camp.

Reactions: Louisadad
No disrespect, but what the heck does that have to do with turf? To answer your question I believe one player made it to the CFL and two have been cut during training camp.
I think he meant that no one has made it to the NFL that could give a large donation towards the turf improvements that are needed. (Like Jake Grove did at Jefferson Forest)

Reactions: BleedingNavy

Bailey field is also turf and shared by three schools too-,Grafton, York and Tabb. But small class 2 Poquoson with little commercial ratables, a few years ago renovated their entire field with turf.

I think he meant that no one has made it to the NFL that could give a large donation towards the turf improvements that are needed. (Like Jake Grove did at Jefferson Forest)
I don’t know if he donated any money but every year in the playoffs for a home game Lawrence Taylor of the Giants shows up.

because you could hit them up for a contribution (Thanks Mike)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT