Region D #2 E.C. Glass vs. #3 Pulaski Co

Who Wins?

• Glass

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Pulaski Co.

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pulaski doesn’t get the respect they deserve. They are very good.

Pulaski's offense dictates their perceived lack of respect. They are not capable of driving more than half the field against any quality defense. Before the last drive of the game I believe Salem held them to 70 or so yards (PC finished with 120 or so).

The D is quality and Kendrick likely will struggle for it but I wouldn't describe it as a race to 14 by anyone but Glass. TOs could perhaps keep things close but despite what could be a close game by score I doubt anyone will leaving actually believing it.

I'd guess anywhere from 17-27 for Glass and 3-13 for Pulaski.

After doing a little research, Pulaski's defense is very very good. I read where their rush defense is only giving up 1.49 yards a carry. that's insane.

I believe this will be a low scoring defensive battle. Pulaski can continue to get 4-5 yards per carry, as long as the defense has done what they have done all year. But if they give up some scores early, it could be a problem for them.

Pulaski's offense plays into a weakness of Glass' defense IF they can be successful passing the ball Doesn't sound like they've done that this year. Their running attack that churns out yardage with those strong running backs can wear the Glass defense down which features some smaller guys. Glass will load the box and dare Pulaski to throw the ball. Glass defense will need to force some 3 and outs to get off the field.

Whoever can sustain long drives and not turn the ball over will win this game. Looking forward to a great game.

After doing a little research, Pulaski's defense is very very good. I read where their rush defense is only giving up 1.49 yards a carry. that's insane.

I believe this will be a low scoring defensive battle. Pulaski can continue to get 4-5 yards per carry, as long as the defense has done what they have done all year. But if they give up some scores early, it could be a problem for them.

Pulaski's offense plays into a weakness of Glass' defense IF they can be successful passing the ball Doesn't sound like they've done that this year. Their running attack that churns out yardage with those strong running backs can wear the Glass defense down which features some smaller guys. Glass will load the box and dare Pulaski to throw the ball. Glass defense will need to force some 3 and outs to get off the field.

Whoever can sustain long drives and not turn the ball over will win this game. Looking forward to a great game.
I was highly impressed with Pulaski's defense against Salem. If I'm being honest, there was so much talk about them before that game I thought the bar had been set too high and the expectation would not be realized. I was wrong! They have legitimately the best defense (that I've witnessed in person) this year and maybe last as well. Linebacker play is superb. Austin Gallimore is a nightmare to block and is scary to watch when he hits someone head-on. The d-line is stout and then you have Mannon to deal with as well. I feel like if anyone can elude the Cougars defense, it will be Kendrick. I love watching him improvise and Pulaski has not faced a QB even close to his skill-set this year. I think he needs to hit some of his targets at wideout early and make Pulaski respect his arm. If he can do this, he should have some success taking off with the run as the game progresses. However, Pulaski's backers are so disciplined and deceptively quick, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a number of plays on Kendrick that other teams have missed.
Offensively, it sounded like Pulaksi introduced a few wrinkles against Blacksburg in an attempt to move the ball with more consistency. The Gallimores got some carries from the backfield, which I don't remember them getting against Salem (although I could be wrong on that). They did pretty good throwing screens and short routes, so I look for that to continue against Glass. In the end, I think Glass has too much for Pulaski and see the Hilltoppers getting the win. However, it certainly wouldn't shock me to see the Cougars pull it out as well. I really wish I could be in two places at once this Friday. It should be a great game!

I was highly impressed with Pulaski's defense against Salem. If I'm being honest, there was so much talk about them before that game I thought the bar had been set too high and the expectation would not be realized. I was wrong! They have legitimately the best defense (that I've witnessed in person) this year and maybe last as well. Linebacker play is superb. Austin Gallimore is a nightmare to block and is scary to watch when he hits someone head-on. The d-line is stout and then you have Mannon to deal with as well. I feel like if anyone can elude the Cougars defense, it will be Kendrick. I love watching him improvise and Pulaski has not faced a QB even close to his skill-set this year. I think he needs to hit some of his targets at wideout early and make Pulaski respect his arm. If he can do this, he should have some success taking off with the run as the game progresses. However, Pulaski's backers are so disciplined and deceptively quick, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a number of plays on Kendrick that other teams have missed.
Offensively, it sounded like Pulaksi introduced a few wrinkles against Blacksburg in an attempt to move the ball with more consistency. The Gallimores got some carries from the backfield, which I don't remember them getting against Salem (although I could be wrong on that). They did pretty good throwing screens and short routes, so I look for that to continue against Glass. In the end, I think Glass has too much for Pulaski and see the Hilltoppers getting the win. However, it certainly wouldn't shock me to see the Cougars pull it out as well. I really wish I could be in two places at once this Friday. It should be a great game!
Good post.

Pulaski started using a diamond backfield against Blacksburg and it really helped them out. First off, it allowed them to get their best players on the field for more snaps. They used the Gallimore brothers, Russell and Mannon as the more forward backs (essentially fullbacks/H-backs) and all of them are very good, physical blockers. Mannon would also play as the deep back/tailback in some situations but it was usually Kennedy lined up in that position. They also had some success running from the fullback/H position and were able give the Blacksburg defense a few different looks to keep them honest. They ran some traps and did a few different things off of motioning one of the fullbacks to more of an H alignment.

Pulaski is definitely a running football team and I think they realized that it makes a lot more sense to have their best blockers and playmakers on the field as much as possible as opposed to playing more wide receivers that for the most part, have very little involvement in the game. I was a betting man I would bet everything I have that they will run the same offense against Glass but they will need to have a good play action package to compliment this if they want to have a chance of success against this defense. It will be a completely different type of passing game than what they have had all season but it probably suits them better as the QB McCloud has been dealing with an injury all season that has affected his ability to get the ball downfield. It will be very interesting to see what elements they are able to add to this package for Friday.

Good stuff. Heritage and Brookville have very good defenses, so I'm excited to see this Pulaski Defense. From what I heard on the Broadcast of last week's game, Pulaski is playing their best players on offense now. Makes a lot of sense. I'm sure they'll have some new wrinkles in the offense as well. Glass is just starting to add new formations and plays. Pulaski may be the "underdog", but they are a great football team and are not to be taken lightly.

If you are interested you can also Google New River Rundown and find a few video clips of Pulaski Co.

Reactions: lyhsports
Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT