Region D #4 Halifax Co. vs. #5 GW-Danville

Who Wins?

• Halifax Co.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • GW- Danville

Votes: 39 88.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This one could be a close game or it could get ugly. Are both schools already in basketball mode, which happens every year on the southside? Will GW be looking past Halifax since they defeated them soundly earlier in the year? How are the injuries for both teams. I've read where both teams have been dealing with injuries the last few weeks and are getting people back and healthy. It has been raining all day on the southside and more rain forecasted for Thursday night into Friday morning, will this slow down GW and favor Halifax's style of play? I'm torn, I voted that Halifax would win, thinking the home game and revenge would be a motivator, but now I think it'll be GW in a 24-16 type game.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Scratch that, apparently Halifax did not practice Monday due to the holiday and scheduled day off of school and have now cancelled after school activities due to "weather." Guess Halifax kids can't deal with any type of cold or wet weather. Two days of no practice prior to a playoff game and facing GW, doesn't sound good for the Comets.

I get drug through the mud every year for defending GW but whatever, I’m going with my guys. If they can play like they did against Dinwiddie & JF I think they can be a tough out for anyone. Will they? We’ll see. I still don’t think that GW’s defense has recovered since Kendrick’s big game. He took a lot of their confidence away as he had his way that night both passing and running. I like GW by a couple of TDs. Give Shawn Watlington and Wesley Graves the ball early and often. Would like to see a 85/15 run/pass margin for the GW offense. George Jackson is back at OT which is big! He’s just as valuable on our line as Akers is for Glass!

I get drug through the mud every year for defending GW but whatever, I’m going with my guys. If they can play like they did against Dinwiddie & JF I think they can be a tough out for anyone. Will they? We’ll see. I still don’t think that GW’s defense has recovered since Kendrick’s big game. He took a lot of their confidence away as he had his way that night both passing and running. I like GW by a couple of TDs. Give Shawn Watlington and Wesley Graves the ball early and often. Would like to see a 85/15 run/pass margin for the GW offense. George Jackson is back at OT which is big! He’s just as valuable on our line as Akers is for Glass!
Always go with your team. It might not always work out, but you gotta have their back.

DSH you know if Shy Watlington is going to be back? I know Wesley played last week but he was super limited and would just run out of bounds every time so it’ll be interesting to see if he’s back at full strength.

Shyheim Watlington is a BEAST! We will need him and Worm Poole at LB if we want to win this Region. Both are only sophomores but both play like seniors. They are a treat to watch. Worm (scary enough) will be better than his brother Carl by his senior year. This is what Shy brings to us.

This is Worm from the 1st Halifax meeting

GW has to control the clock. If they happen to beat Halifax, this will be essential in playing Salem. Sustain long drives and move the chains. Let attrition happen. Feed Graves 3-4 times, then feed the home run hitters in Willie Edmunds and Shawn Watlington. Keep it coming. The defense will wear down with 3 college level RBs. Use slants and crossing patterns to keep the defense honest. I think the defense will be fine with Shy Watlington back. Our 3 sophomore LBs (Shy, Worm Poole and Donavan Howard) are maturing and making plays.

Reactions: olemissboy30
Not having practice Tuesday may effect Halifax Friday night and I can't believe they didn't let them practice on this important week. Having a home playoff game against a huge rival should get the football program a ton of support from the school and the community but that does not appear to be the case. Anyway, I think at this point of the season missing one practice shouldn't change their performance on Friday night but it certainly does not help. GW does have a ton of weapons and can be a dangerous game for anyone in the region, but you absolutely can't sleep on Halifax. From what I've heard and read they are finally pretty healthy and Ive been told the Comets play much better at home so those two factors could be the difference. I know GW has some kids playing that have been banged up the last few weeks and if they are able to play 100% especially the Graves kid they will most likely get the win but if he is shut down and they aren't a 100% it could go the comets way. Prediction - GW's nagging injuries show up Friday night in the cold and wet weather and the Comets keep pounding the football and playing sound defense, and by the 4th quarter they have the Eagles thinking about basketball season with a 27-14 upset win

Here’s some of the stats for Halifax:

Halifax County / GW High School Football pre-game notes.

GW at Halifax Friday November 15th - 7PM Kickoff.
Tuck Dillard Memorial Stadium, South Boston, VA.

Game #11 For Halifax Seven and Three
Game #11 for The Eagles also Seven and Three.

GW lost to Dinwiddie 45 – 42 in their opener at Dinwiddie, dropped a home game to the #2 Seeded the 9 and 1 Hilltoppers of E.C. Glass. Glass’s Only loss was a 15 to 12 overtime thriller to crosstown rival Heritage. and then GW lost the head-scratcher a 28 to 14 decision at Home to Magna Vista.

Most of their wins were routs . . . scoring 42 points or more in all 7 wins, and topping 50 in half of their games.
Their closest win was a 42 to 28 win over Bassett.

Outscoring the opponents in their 7 wins by the combined score of 319 to 96, or an average of 46 to 13.

GW posted their most points against the Comets, 62 to 27 in the regular season match-up in Danville.

After last week’s 42 to 7 Senior Night win over Tunstall, Halifax have outscored their combined opponents 259 – to – 214 this season.

The Comets have now failed to score at least 25 points only 3 times, Both Losses. When JF held the Comets to only 7 points . . . and in the 27 to 7 loss at Patrick County. . . Only 3 times have they allowed an opponent more than 16 points . . . JF scored 28, and last week 62 by GEE DUB - and last week’s 27 at Patrick County – also all in losses.

HALIFAX – The Comets bounced back to post 387 yard in total Offense against Tunstall, which ranks as third-best outing of the season . The best total offence outputs of the season included
#1. 449 vs Martinsville #2. 392 vs Person County #2. 387 vs Tunstall 3. 362 yards vs GW … and 344 vs Magna Vista.

2811 Total Offense through 10 games.
Per game Average of 281.1 yards per game.

The Defense – has allowed 2786 yards of total offense, 278.7 yards per game. Last week they allowed 155 yards to Tunstall on the ground, right on the season average of 159.1 yards per game.
Opponents have gained 1591 on the ground, through 10 games. (*** Highs 405 to GW, and 320 to JF) (**Lows 39 to Martinsville – 54 Bassett – 55 to Person).

In the last week the Big Blue gave up just 23 yards passing,
Bringing the season totals to – 1195 - averaging 119.5 Yards per game. (*** Highs 242 to Magna Vista and 217 to Person Co.) (**Lows 9yds vs Nottoway, 23 to Tunstall and 71 yards to Park View).

The Comet Offense has posted 1901 yards on the Ground through 10 games, averaging 190.1 YPG = (379 rushes = 5.015 yards per rush. ) (***Highs 387 last week and 344 yds vs Martinsville.)

Patrick County held Halifax under 100 yards rushing for only the second time this season – The Big Blue rushed for 93 yards vs The Cougars. Only Jefferson Forrest held the Comets ground game to less… by 1 yard (92 yards).

The Comets only added 14 yards passing last week against the Trojans, which is the lowest output of the season. This on the heels of 25 yards passing against Patrick County. The previous low was 92 vs Jefferson Forest.

Bringing their Air attach totals to 991 yards passing to this point in the season . . . through 10 Games, 99.1 ypg.
High – 191 vs GW. / Low 14 vs Tunstall.

The Comets connected on only 2 of 7 passes vs Tunstall. Which brings year to date numbers to (52 of 114 combined = 42.9% Completion Ratio).

Passing- Thomas Lee - is 49 of 101 – 50%
49 completions for 925 yards, 18.87 yards per completion.
7 Interceptions (2) vs GW, One “TIPPED” vs Martinsville, One vs JF, Magna Vista, Patrick County and one last week vs Tunstall.

Kameron Roberts - is 3 of 12 25% . . . 134 yards, 44 yards per completion – a 79 d completion to Travius Chappell vs Nottoway.

TRAVIUS CHAPPELL is 1 OF 2 passing for 32 Yards vs. GW.
Receiving – Travius Chappell has 414 yds on 21 completions 19.71 yards per reception, 4 TD … {1 Nottoway – 2 Martinsville- 1 GW}

William Davis (1 for 25 v PC) (2-79 v MV) 337 yards on 14 catches 24.07 yards per completion, {3 TD’s} 1 vs Patrick County and 2 TD vs Parkview.

Christian Mack (3 – 61 v MV)10 for 239 yards – 23.9 yards pr completion, 3 TD’s (1 vs MV) {2– vs GW}

Mikyler Smalls 2 for 31,
Zyon Wilson 2 for 63 yards. 2 TD’s (1 TD 17 yarder vs Person 1 46 yarder vs Martinsville)
Brandon Davis 1 – 53 *1TD vs Parkview.

ON the Ground, William Davis getting most of the touches, 81 carries, 538 yards 6.64 yds p-rush. 8 - Rushing TD’s.

Christian Mack – 76 for 582 = 7.65 yards per carry – 9 Rushing TD’s had a break-out game vs Martinsville 145 yards on 11 carries – and backed it up the next week vs GW with 107 yards on the ground on 13 carries. And last week gained 102 yards on 9 carries.

Mikyler Smalls 48 for 208 yards = 4.3 yds per rush 3-TD’s

Zion Wilson 67 for 282 yards 4.2 yards per average - 7 TD’s.

Mekjay Boyd – 17 for 127 yards 5.25 yds per carry - 1TD. Last week’s 64 yards was his season’s best.

Cody White 7 – 31 yards 4.42 yards pr rush.

QB- Thomas Lee – 1 TD J. Davis 3 for 7 yards

4th down conversions 3 of 21 . . . 14.2%.
Significant … 21tries in 10 games

27.5% 3rd down conversions rate, reported 19 of 69 … ***note not reported after the Nottoway game.

For the first time this season the Big Blue are underwater (if only by one in the Turnover Column.

17 turn overs so far this year . . . versus … 16 – Take-Aways

After being as much as 6 on the plus side heading into the GW game.

10 – lost fumbles 1 last week vs Tunstall. ***3 in the Patrick County Loss *** 3 vs Magna Vista 10.25.19 { and one each in the Nottoway game back on 8.30.19 , JF 9.27.19 and vs Martinsville 10.11.19}.

20 total Fumbles – 11 Recovered
(2 Fumbles but Not Lost to Person) (1 Fumble not lost to Parkview) (Fumble but recovered vs Bassett) - 4 Fumbles recovered vs Martinsville 10.11.19) ***3 vs Magna Vista.

Halifax has had Six INTERCEPTIONS including at least one in each of their last five games.
1-int Vs JF – Lee - 9.27.19
1-int Vs Martinsville – Lee - 10.11.19
2 Vs GW – Lee - 10.18.19
1 Vs Magna Vista - Lee - 10.25
1 Vs Patrick County – Lee - 11.01.19
1 Vs. Tunstall last Friday Night.

The 16 TAKE AWAYS – 10 Opponent Fumble Recoveries . . . 6 Interceptions.

2 Fumbles recovered from Nottoway
1 Fumble – Person –
1 Fumble – Park View
2 Fumbles recovered from Bassett –
1 Fumble from Martinsville
2- Fumbles from Magna Vista
1 Fumble from Tunstall.

1 int – Bassett
1 int Park View
1 int Person
1 Int Martinsville
2 ints – Vs Magna Vista

Comet’s Penalties
6 – 46.5 v Nottoway
11-95 v Person
8-75 vs Parkview
5 for 30 vs JF
6 for 60 v Bassett
7 for 50 v Martinsville
5 for 40 v GW
4 for 30 v Magna Vista
9 for 75 vs Patrick Co.
5 for 50 vs Tunstall
66 for 551.5 ( averaging 6.6 for 55.15 per game ).

Defensive Points 1 TD – J Davis Int. Pick-6 vs Park View
Zion Wilson Fumble Recovery vs Bassett
Team Safety vs Patrick County.

Hope to see you at Tuck Dillard Friday Night . . .

If you can't make it, tune to 953HLF on Radio, Search 953HLF on I-Heart Radio or The Tune-in App, or online at www.953hlf.com

Mack and Davis should get a majority of the touches, but Smalls (Sophmore) should get more touches if the game is decided early.

Smalls hasn't played in 4-5 weeks. He is out for the season with an injury.

From what I have heard is that Halifax didn't have school Monday and tried to practice, but many starters decided not to show. Tuesday the school cancelled after school activities due to "weather." Then I have also heard that members of the football team are skipping practice to go to basketball tryouts. What admin and coaches that would allow this to happen is beyond my frame of sanity. I highly doubt the basketball coaches would want their players skipping the end of the season tournament practices for kids to try out for baseball or soccer.

From more and more that I hear, I am expecting a dismal performance from Halifax Friday, which is a shame. Hopefully, but doubtful, the community will show up for the game like it did last year to support basketball. But, it sounds like a lot of the players could care less about hosting a playoff game. Sad times we live in.

I doubt very seriously if we know who does and doesn’t play for GW until game time. Coach Anderson keeps a lot “in program” which I like a lot!

I don’t think it’ll be a basketball thing this year. Our top dogs for basketball don’t play football. Graves, Shakobe, McDuffie, and Donavan Howard are going to be big contributors for the basketball team but not to the extent that they’re in all out basketball mode right now.

Neither team is very good and both are not coached well. I remember in the beginning of the season hearing the GW Hype. That said whichever team wins this pretty meaningless playoff game will get THROTTLED in the next round.

Neither team is very good and both are not coached well. I remember in the beginning of the season hearing the GW Hype. That said whichever team wins this pretty meaningless playoff game will get THROTTLED in the next round.
1. You’re entitled to your opinion. GW hasn’t performed well in November but to disrespect our and Halifax’s players & coaches is not necessary.
2. We’re not talking about next round, we’re talking about Friday.. Round 1.
3. “Meaningless playoff game”? What!?! If it’s so meaningless why did you even comment. These are high school kids and as fans we’re talking about our teams.
4. I wasn’t on the board before the season and if anybody hypes them up, it’s me... Refer to Mike’s post below my initial post on this thread.

Last edited:
Wow, that was really uncalled for! Support a team, support your team, but why come on and make a statement against two programs and dis the coaching staffs. In my opinion, both teams are well coached. I will say that GW has a tendency to be a bit, lets say, over aggressive, but that is a style of play. Halifax has gone from always being poor performing to 5-5, 5-5 with playoffs, and now 7-3 since the coaching change.

Back to the game... @Go_Cometss what grade is Mack in? Isn’t Halifax’s QB a freshman? I’ve became close with Zyon Wilson on Twitter. I admire the kids confidence.

Here’s some of the stats for Halifax:

Halifax County / GW High School Football pre-game notes.

GW at Halifax Friday November 15th - 7PM Kickoff.
Tuck Dillard Memorial Stadium, South Boston, VA.

Game #11 For Halifax Seven and Three
Game #11 for The Eagles also Seven and Three.

GW lost to Dinwiddie 45 – 42 in their opener at Dinwiddie, dropped a home game to the #2 Seeded the 9 and 1 Hilltoppers of E.C. Glass. Glass’s Only loss was a 15 to 12 overtime thriller to crosstown rival Heritage. and then GW lost the head-scratcher a 28 to 14 decision at Home to Magna Vista.

Most of their wins were routs . . . scoring 42 points or more in all 7 wins, and topping 50 in half of their games.
Their closest win was a 42 to 28 win over Bassett.

Outscoring the opponents in their 7 wins by the combined score of 319 to 96, or an average of 46 to 13.

GW posted their most points against the Comets, 62 to 27 in the regular season match-up in Danville.

After last week’s 42 to 7 Senior Night win over Tunstall, Halifax have outscored their combined opponents 259 – to – 214 this season.

The Comets have now failed to score at least 25 points only 3 times, Both Losses. When JF held the Comets to only 7 points . . . and in the 27 to 7 loss at Patrick County. . . Only 3 times have they allowed an opponent more than 16 points . . . JF scored 28, and last week 62 by GEE DUB - and last week’s 27 at Patrick County – also all in losses.

HALIFAX – The Comets bounced back to post 387 yard in total Offense against Tunstall, which ranks as third-best outing of the season . The best total offence outputs of the season included
#1. 449 vs Martinsville #2. 392 vs Person County #2. 387 vs Tunstall 3. 362 yards vs GW … and 344 vs Magna Vista.

2811 Total Offense through 10 games.
Per game Average of 281.1 yards per game.

The Defense – has allowed 2786 yards of total offense, 278.7 yards per game. Last week they allowed 155 yards to Tunstall on the ground, right on the season average of 159.1 yards per game.
Opponents have gained 1591 on the ground, through 10 games. (*** Highs 405 to GW, and 320 to JF) (**Lows 39 to Martinsville – 54 Bassett – 55 to Person).

In the last week the Big Blue gave up just 23 yards passing,
Bringing the season totals to – 1195 - averaging 119.5 Yards per game. (*** Highs 242 to Magna Vista and 217 to Person Co.) (**Lows 9yds vs Nottoway, 23 to Tunstall and 71 yards to Park View).

The Comet Offense has posted 1901 yards on the Ground through 10 games, averaging 190.1 YPG = (379 rushes = 5.015 yards per rush. ) (***Highs 387 last week and 344 yds vs Martinsville.)

Patrick County held Halifax under 100 yards rushing for only the second time this season – The Big Blue rushed for 93 yards vs The Cougars. Only Jefferson Forrest held the Comets ground game to less… by 1 yard (92 yards).

The Comets only added 14 yards passing last week against the Trojans, which is the lowest output of the season. This on the heels of 25 yards passing against Patrick County. The previous low was 92 vs Jefferson Forest.

Bringing their Air attach totals to 991 yards passing to this point in the season . . . through 10 Games, 99.1 ypg.
High – 191 vs GW. / Low 14 vs Tunstall.

The Comets connected on only 2 of 7 passes vs Tunstall. Which brings year to date numbers to (52 of 114 combined = 42.9% Completion Ratio).

Passing- Thomas Lee - is 49 of 101 – 50%
49 completions for 925 yards, 18.87 yards per completion.
7 Interceptions (2) vs GW, One “TIPPED” vs Martinsville, One vs JF, Magna Vista, Patrick County and one last week vs Tunstall.

Kameron Roberts - is 3 of 12 25% . . . 134 yards, 44 yards per completion – a 79 d completion to Travius Chappell vs Nottoway.

TRAVIUS CHAPPELL is 1 OF 2 passing for 32 Yards vs. GW.
Receiving – Travius Chappell has 414 yds on 21 completions 19.71 yards per reception, 4 TD … {1 Nottoway – 2 Martinsville- 1 GW}

William Davis (1 for 25 v PC) (2-79 v MV) 337 yards on 14 catches 24.07 yards per completion, {3 TD’s} 1 vs Patrick County and 2 TD vs Parkview.

Christian Mack (3 – 61 v MV)10 for 239 yards – 23.9 yards pr completion, 3 TD’s (1 vs MV) {2– vs GW}

Mikyler Smalls 2 for 31,
Zyon Wilson 2 for 63 yards. 2 TD’s (1 TD 17 yarder vs Person 1 46 yarder vs Martinsville)
Brandon Davis 1 – 53 *1TD vs Parkview.

ON the Ground, William Davis getting most of the touches, 81 carries, 538 yards 6.64 yds p-rush. 8 - Rushing TD’s.

Christian Mack – 76 for 582 = 7.65 yards per carry – 9 Rushing TD’s had a break-out game vs Martinsville 145 yards on 11 carries – and backed it up the next week vs GW with 107 yards on the ground on 13 carries. And last week gained 102 yards on 9 carries.

Mikyler Smalls 48 for 208 yards = 4.3 yds per rush 3-TD’s

Zion Wilson 67 for 282 yards 4.2 yards per average - 7 TD’s.

Mekjay Boyd – 17 for 127 yards 5.25 yds per carry - 1TD. Last week’s 64 yards was his season’s best.

Cody White 7 – 31 yards 4.42 yards pr rush.

QB- Thomas Lee – 1 TD J. Davis 3 for 7 yards

4th down conversions 3 of 21 . . . 14.2%.
Significant … 21tries in 10 games

27.5% 3rd down conversions rate, reported 19 of 69 … ***note not reported after the Nottoway game.

For the first time this season the Big Blue are underwater (if only by one in the Turnover Column.

17 turn overs so far this year . . . versus … 16 – Take-Aways

After being as much as 6 on the plus side heading into the GW game.

10 – lost fumbles 1 last week vs Tunstall. ***3 in the Patrick County Loss *** 3 vs Magna Vista 10.25.19 { and one each in the Nottoway game back on 8.30.19 , JF 9.27.19 and vs Martinsville 10.11.19}.

20 total Fumbles – 11 Recovered
(2 Fumbles but Not Lost to Person) (1 Fumble not lost to Parkview) (Fumble but recovered vs Bassett) - 4 Fumbles recovered vs Martinsville 10.11.19) ***3 vs Magna Vista.

Halifax has had Six INTERCEPTIONS including at least one in each of their last five games.
1-int Vs JF – Lee - 9.27.19
1-int Vs Martinsville – Lee - 10.11.19
2 Vs GW – Lee - 10.18.19
1 Vs Magna Vista - Lee - 10.25
1 Vs Patrick County – Lee - 11.01.19
1 Vs. Tunstall last Friday Night.

The 16 TAKE AWAYS – 10 Opponent Fumble Recoveries . . . 6 Interceptions.

2 Fumbles recovered from Nottoway
1 Fumble – Person –
1 Fumble – Park View
2 Fumbles recovered from Bassett –
1 Fumble from Martinsville
2- Fumbles from Magna Vista
1 Fumble from Tunstall.

1 int – Bassett
1 int Park View
1 int Person
1 Int Martinsville
2 ints – Vs Magna Vista

Comet’s Penalties
6 – 46.5 v Nottoway
11-95 v Person
8-75 vs Parkview
5 for 30 vs JF
6 for 60 v Bassett
7 for 50 v Martinsville
5 for 40 v GW
4 for 30 v Magna Vista
9 for 75 vs Patrick Co.
5 for 50 vs Tunstall
66 for 551.5 ( averaging 6.6 for 55.15 per game ).

Defensive Points 1 TD – J Davis Int. Pick-6 vs Park View
Zion Wilson Fumble Recovery vs Bassett
Team Safety vs Patrick County.

Hope to see you at Tuck Dillard Friday Night . . .

If you can't make it, tune to 953HLF on Radio, Search 953HLF on I-Heart Radio or The Tune-in App, or online at www.953hlf.com

Mack and Davis should get a majority of the touches, but Smalls (Sophmore) should get more touches if the game is decided early.

Thanks for writing my pre-game show for me. :)

Mack is a senior. The QB is a senior. The freshman qb was splitting reps on varsity for half the year and then threw a fit to get himself sent to JV. He still served as backup for Friday nights. Heard he has been solely basketball since JV season ended.

Puts his varsity teammates in a hind if something were to happen Friday. This all just what I've been told, but guess he's made multiple poor and selfish decisions. Lot of growing up to do. Has a higher upside in football than basketball. Don't know about Wilson.

Congrats to GW Danville on a nice win tonight. Tough to beat good teams twice in a season.

The next game will surely be tougher, but I for one think GW's offense can give Salem trouble if they utilize their athleticism to their advantage. The Eagles must come to play on the defensive side of the ball. More importantly, they need to demonstrate the discipline showed in the opener in Dinwiddie and battle the entire four quarters.

This is my pick to be the game of the week.

Attended this game with a buddy and I'll start of with saying I can see why Halifax voters voted to upgrade scholl and facilities. Another thing, both Halifax and GW communities should be ashamed for their poor support. Stands were half full. Was told if it were a basketball game, they would've had to turn people away.

Heard a lot about GWs athletes and D1 players. #10 still looked unsure on his ankle and they really only gave Halifax issues with one play/formation that Halifax adjusted to at half. I was more impressed with their D. Those kids were flying around and the athleticism showed on d.

Halifax d looked like their interior players were heart of that squad. My buddy said the front is all returning. 2ndary is what cost Halifax. Who knows what they were doing on offense. Appeared GW knew the plays Halifax would run before it was even called. Great GW D or poor Halifax O?

Did seem like Halifax's sideline was in disarray most of game and to me it looked like coach was going to let clock run out with a chance to score in end, but players called time out. Maybe coach told em to call it, but some pride by players.

Haven't seen Salem play, but i know they're usually disciplined. If 10s ankle improves and GWs D flies around and handles the line like they did, i think it'll be a game worth the money.

Salem will be heavily favored and who can blame people for not being sold on my boys? We’re not talking about 2014 or 2017, we’re talking about 2019. Can we beat Salem? Oh yes. Will we? GW has to have the mentality to want it more. Salem, has the mental edge on 95% of the teams that they play & that’s a product of their coaching and program as a whole. It should be a great game. Anytime we play Salem it’s a good learning experience for our program on where we need to be (I’m lucky we got a chance to play Dinwiddie & Glass cause that helped a lot!!!).

Attended this game with a buddy and I'll start of with saying I can see why Halifax voters voted to upgrade scholl and facilities. Another thing, both Halifax and GW communities should be ashamed for their poor support. Stands were half full. Was told if it were a basketball game, they would've had to turn people away.

Heard a lot about GWs athletes and D1 players. #10 still looked unsure on his ankle and they really only gave Halifax issues with one play/formation that Halifax adjusted to at half. I was more impressed with their D. Those kids were flying around and the athleticism showed on d.

Halifax d looked like their interior players were heart of that squad. My buddy said the front is all returning. 2ndary is what cost Halifax. Who knows what they were doing on offense. Appeared GW knew the plays Halifax would run before it was even called. Great GW D or poor Halifax O?

Did seem like Halifax's sideline was in disarray most of game and to me it looked like coach was going to let clock run out with a chance to score in end, but players called time out. Maybe coach told em to call it, but some pride by players.

Haven't seen Salem play, but i know they're usually disciplined. If 10s ankle improves and GWs D flies around and handles the line like they did, i think it'll be a game worth the money.

I was wearing the mascot suit and I believe I saw you down there. But that was the usual attendance that we would see back when the team was 1-9 on a good night. The spirit club is in the works to help curve this blatant issue we have, and if you thought the stadium was bad you should see what the high school looks like

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT