ADVERTISEMENT

RH-21 Essex-8 FINAL!!!

Man come on LOL the worse offense you have seen this year! Essex didn't play well on offense, absolutely, but to say that is comical! Poor playing calling. Essex would have won every game on riverheads schedule with LB being a toss up.

I would not word it as strongly as Fence Patrol did, but Essex has always had the athletes but you just had the feeling that they were not playing up to their potential. The speed was there, the size was there, but yet there was that missing ingredient that put it all together........like maybe their bodies were moving faster than their minds or something like that.

However one compliment I can give them is that this year I did not witness the frustration and poor sportsmanship that we have seen at times in the past. Maybe not every game but in some of them. Saturday's game appeared to me to be completely lacking in dirty play or cheap shots and that tells me that each team genuinely respected the other.

I don’t agree with the harsh assessment in this regard. Coach Jones literally was fussing to spread the ball around as they had done all year. Not sure why that didn’t happen and I won’t bad mouth the young man at qb. I personally think there may have been more than a little tunnel vision but overall they were much more diverse an offense on the year than we seen on Saturday. But as they say, pressure busts pipes. The pressure of the game being extremely tight likely caused some different reactions than they were accustomed to. If our defense contributed to them being more conservative, then they did their job.

Sussex and CL had better offenses because they couldn't stop riverheads from scoring, which resulted in more possessions.
Ok look at Sussex yards per play versus Essex yard per play avg . You should see a huge difference. Essex is not well coached period.

Im not going to sugar coat anything, im telling you IMO Essex had the worst offense I have seen this year. It literally looked like backyard football when I was a kid and you tried to get the ball to the fastest kid on the team every play. That offense works against cup cakes but eventually youre going to run into a team that actually has a decent defense and stops it. And thats what happened 6 out of the last 7 years. Their defense was pretty good but the offense was horrendous.
The overrated NNK district as usual, they just dominate there area . Very weak division no competition for Essex in regular season hurt them.

Sussex and Franklin was on their schedule. Look at those results
You missed the point , the NNK is composed of all 1A schools , Sussex schedule was tougher , you got the win early versus Sussex when half the team wasn’t there . Congratulations on underachieving once again . See you in August . Tell Jones schedule outside the NNK a little more .

Man come on LOL the worse offense you have seen this year! Essex didn't play well on offense, absolutely, but to say that is comical! Poor playing calling. Essex would have won every game on riverheads schedule with LB being a toss up.
Haha, you being funny now. We couldnt beat LB, yall sure as heck werent. I will say it again. The worst offense I have seen this year!!! Whether its play calling, execution or whatever they are bad. With the huge speed advantage yall had and thats all yall could do. Thats my opinion but I thought they were really bad. Looked like they just drew plays out of a hat, im not sure who designs yalls plays or calls them but they need to be replaced.

Haha, you being funny now. We couldnt beat LB, yall sure as heck werent. I will say it again. The worst offense I have seen this year!!! Whether its play calling, execution or whatever they are bad. With the huge speed advantage yall had and thats all yall could do. Thats my opinion but I thought they were really bad. Looked like they just drew plays out of a hat, im not sure who designs yalls plays or calls them but they need to be replaced
Sussex's motto...we are one year away, Sussex is a average 1a team that's it, nothing special. It's been years since they have been relevant.
Essex is the only team in NNK that is competitive consistently. Stop being butt hurt because you brought in those transfers and got embarrassed as you usually do in big games , drink some more NNK ginger ale as you all do every year . See you in Essex in August . Merry Christmas.

Haha, you being funny now. We couldnt beat LB, yall sure as heck werent. I will say it again. The worst offense I have seen this year!!! Whether its play calling, execution or whatever they are bad. With the huge speed advantage yall had and thats all yall could do. Thats my opinion but I thought they were really bad. Looked like they just drew plays out of a hat, im not sure who designs yalls plays or calls them but they need to be replaced.
Just typical NNK play nothing surprising at all about the results .

Again scores from this year, Essex 42-6 against sussex, 52-14 against Franklin. Not much going for the Essex offense those games....

Lol you thought you were going to Salem this Saturday lol ! Lace ‘‘em up alley hoop ! Lol
Honestly man you guys had a great season and the kids deserve to be proud of what they accomplished. Any program in the State would love to have the winning success of Essex . Riverheads are just DOGGS man on that field . Merry Christmas sincerely.

I appreciate it my friend! Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the tiger community! I've got a feeling that you guys will be seeing us for a second game next year.
I would be willing to damn near guarantee Sussex will be there. Gap might have something next year in region B but the Tigers are going to be a problem in the fall of 2023. Book that now……

Almost everyone here knows wats gonna happen Saturday. Extremely unlikely that GW doesn't get pummeled. As a fan you always have that hope and confidence. But any outsider pretty much knows right? If i were GW i would be extremely aggressive on defense. Let it all out. If you think they're running left, overload that side. Blitz your cbs from both sides to stop the runner from bouncing it out...and go for the strip every time. Something has to work eventually. Would love to see GW give them a fight tho

Almost everyone here knows wats gonna happen Saturday. Extremely unlikely that GW doesn't get pummeled. As a fan you always have that hope and confidence. But any outsider pretty much knows right? If i were GW i would be extremely aggressive on defense. Let it all out. If you think they're running left, overload that side. Blitz your cbs from both sides to stop the runner from bouncing it out...and go for the strip every time. Something has to work eventually. Would love to see GW give them a fight th

Almost everyone here knows wats gonna happen Saturday. Extremely unlikely that GW doesn't get pummeled. As a fan you always have that hope and confidence. But any outsider pretty much knows right? If i were GW i would be extremely aggressive on defense. Let it all out. If you think they're running left, overload that side. Blitz your cbs from both sides to stop the runner from bouncing it out...and go for the strip every time. Something has to work eventually. Would love to see GW give them a fight tho
Man if you do that they score a 100 and break the record for scoring in a State Championship game.

Reactions: TS69
That’s exactly what they want you to do. It’s a system. A unique system. Used to be a double wing offense here in Tenn. Only played them once a year. Hell we couldn’t stop them unless our athletes were better. Then it was a struggle. Everything we did defensively they had a counter play. Their coach went to Pa. and Delaware to study the offense. Then he left and spread took over.

I have a hard time believing anyone will score 76. That’s the record for points scored in a game in either the state semis or finals.

For this game I am looking forward to a hard fought game with tons of good players on the field for both teams. I like some of what GW does and also see some opportunities for the Gladiators to be successful. In the end the young men on the field will determine the winner not the keyboard warriors.

As this football season comes to an end this weekend, we should thank the athletes that have let us all relive our youth while watching them play a game we all love. I want to especially thank the seniors who may have come to the end of their football journey. I hope the lessons this game teaches resonates with you for a lifetime and that you embrace an opportunity at some point down the road to impart those learnings to the next generation. For those that win this week, congratulations on reaching your goal this season. And for those that come up short, know we appreciate the effort and sacrifice it took to get to the last game played this season. We as fans should be forever grateful to each of them and wish them all well.

I have a hard time believing anyone will score 76. That’s the record for points scored in a game in either the state semis or finals.

For this game I am looking forward to a hard fought game with tons of good players on the field for both teams. I like some of what GW does and also see some opportunities for the Gladiators to be successful. In the end the young men on the field will determine the winner not the keyboard warriors.

As this football season comes to an end this weekend, we should thank the athletes that have let us all relive our youth while watching them play a game we all love. I want to especially thank the seniors who may have come to the end of their football journey. I hope the lessons this game teaches resonates with you for a lifetime and that you embrace an opportunity at some point down the road to impart those learnings to the next generation. For those that win this week, congratulations on reaching your goal this season. And for those that come up short, know we appreciate the effort and sacrifice it took to get to the last game played this season. We as fans should be forever grateful to each of them and wish them all well.
Well said my friend !

I actually am having a hard time predicting this one. GW has had some games that have me scratching my head. They played Graham, who is playing for the 2A championship, to a respectable final score. They played Radford tough, then you have that first Grundy game, the Grayson game, and a game against PM that I thought would have been a blowout after seeing them in person against RH. I know the last 3 or 4 weeks they seem to be a different team. Having only seen highlights of a few of their games cant really get a feel for them. It could end up being a great game, I hope it is, one sided games are no fun to watch. Most of the Sussex game and the Essex game were great games and I see this one being a lot like those. Safe travels and hope for an injury free championship game.

I actually am having a hard time predicting this one. GW has had some games that have me scratching my head. They played Graham, who is playing for the 2A championship, to a respectable final score. They played Radford tough, then you have that first Grundy game, the Grayson game, and a game against PM that I thought would have been a blowout after seeing them in person against RH. I know the last 3 or 4 weeks they seem to be a different team. Having only seen highlights of a few of their games cant really get a feel for them. It could end up being a great game, I hope it is, one sided games are no fun to watch. Most of the Sussex game and the Essex game were great games and I see this one being a lot like those. Safe travels and hope for an injury free championship game.
The PM game was 41-6 when GW pulled it's starters all the remaining points PM scored was against our JV team.

Man if you do that they score a 100 and break the record for scoring in a State Championship game.
Whether u lose by a 100 and are on the bad end of a record or lose by 1, its still a loss....so y not..

Eventually someone has to try something different against Riverheads. Everyone cant go in with similar plans and expect different results

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT