ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Region Playoff Pickems' - Week 2!

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
#3 Thomas Dale at #2 CD Hylton
#8 Riverbend at #5 Cosby
#5 Lee-Davis at #1 Highland Springs
#3 LC Bird at #2 Hermitage
#10 Atlee at #2 Tuscarora
#6 Dinwiddie at #2 Hanover
#4 Skyline at #1 Hopewell

Thomas dale will lose to Hylton and Tusky is going to lose in an upset.

I just look at who Atlee plays and who Tusky plays and Atlee played in one of the toughest districts in the state. The capital district is similar to the SEC. Tusky knows how to win so maybe they'll prevail. Atlee is battle tested. We shall see.

I just look at who Atlee plays and who Tusky plays and Atlee played in one of the toughest districts in the state. The capital district is similar to the SEC. Tusky knows how to win so maybe they'll prevail. Atlee is battle tested. We shall see.

You are the second person I have heard this week that equated the Capital District to the SEC.
As it stands at this time the Capital has 4 teams left, the Central 3, Dominion 2 and of course Colonial 1. Two Capital teams are facing off against one another so we are sure to lose one. The other two must face the Central District and Potomac District so I guess we will find out just how much playing in the Capital pays off.

Tuscarora is a darn good football team and their schedule was by no means easy. Expecting any less that a state championship caliber team when you play them is a mistake.

You are the second person I have heard this week that equated the Capital District to the SEC.
As it stands at this time the Capital has 4 teams left, the Central 3, Dominion 2 and of course Colonial 1. Two Capital teams are facing off against one another so we are sure to lose one. The other two must face the Central District and Potomac District so I guess we will find out just how much playing in the Capital pays off.

I can't equate any district with the SEC unless they win a lot of state championships. The Concorde has been that district in the past, but this year the Concorde got handled by Loudoun schools.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
#2 CD Hylton
#5 Cosby
#1 Highland Springs
#2 Hermitage
#2 Tuscarora
#6 Dinwiddie
#1 Hopewell

How many teams did each district start with in the playoffs. I know the Central had everyone except Prince George so that's 7

How many teams did each district start with in the playoffs. I know the Central had everyone except Prince George so that's 7

We began the postseason with 19 teams
Capital put in 6, lost 2 in the first week.
Central put in 7 lost 4 in the first week.
Colonial put in 2, lost 1 in the first week.
Dominion put in 4, lost 2 in the first week.

#2 CD Hylton
#5 Cosby
#1 Highland Springs
#3 LC Bird
#2 Tuscarora
#6 Dinwiddie
#1 Hopewell

Hylton
Cosby
Highland Springs
Bird
Tuscarora
Dinwiddie
Hopewell

Last edited:
#2 CD Hylton
#8 Riverbend
#1 Highland Springs
#3 LC Bird
#2 Tuscarora
#6 Dinwiddie
#1 Hopewel

Hylton. All of us except Matt are wrong. Dale is going to win. I've just got to go with the odds instead of my gut.
Riverbend
Highland Springs
Bird
Tuscarora
Dinwiddie
Hopewell

Hylton
Riverbend
H. Springs
Bird
Tuscarora
Dinwiddie
Hopewell

#3 Thomas Dale at #2 CD Hylton
#8 Riverbend at #5 Cosby
#5 Lee-Davis at #1 Highland Springs
#3 LC Bird at #2 Hermitage
#10 Atlee at #2 Tuscarora
#6 Dinwiddie at #2 Hanover
#4 Skyline at #1 Hopewell

CD HYLTON
COSBY
HSHS
BIRD
TUSCARORA
DINWIDDIE
HOPEWELL

Atlee should've won. The refs didn't call holding all game. Atlee was up 14-0 and lost the game.

It was an exciting night in the region as we began the night with 10 teams and next week 6 will still be competing. Speaking of competing, here is how we all did in our picks this week...

The big winner at 5-2 was Lt93Bunny and Gilliam. Lt93Bunny is bringing it with a 17-2 record in the playoffs thus far... Here is how the rest of us fared.

5-2 Lt93Bunny, Gilliam
4-3 CRF4Dan, maroons1, gen4ever, Bleedingnavy
3-4 kw85, msquared, DinwiddieProud

Which brings the playoff standings to:

17-2 Lt93Bunny
16-3 CRF4Dan, Gilliam
15-4 gen4ever
14-5 Bleedingnavy
13-6 maroons1
11-8 Dinwiddieproud
10-9 kw85, msquared

But for the year, with just three weeks left, here is how we look...

167-40 CRF4Dan
166-41 msquared, Bleedingnavy
165-42 maroons1, kw85, gen4ever
161-46 DinwiddieProud
107-33 Checkmate
74-17 springer76
51-10 Gilliam
17-2 Lt93Bunny

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT