ADVERTISEMENT

Salem comes back from 32-21 deficit in 4th.

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Great comeback by Spartans in 4th quarter after being dominated in the third quarter. Ramsey makes spectacular run to put Spartans in the lead, but Close the tight end makes great catch and run for td to cut it to 32-27. Great season by Blacksburg. They had a great year. I do think Sherando should thank the Spartans for saving them from making the trip to Blacksburg where they would have had to endure the most annoying announcer in high school football history. I mean this guy is God awful. So at least Sherando fans are spared that ordeal.

Great win... Blacksburg has an amazing team. Honestly felt like Blacksburg was better up front and Salem still won which doesn't happen often.

Don’t have to listen to the worst pa guy ever. And don’t have to watch Beck showboat, very arrogant. Hope he tones that down at tech so I can pull for the guy.
You have absolutely no clue about Beck. He plays with emotion on the field but is likely the most humble kid you ever met. But, feel free to make a useless comment about a HS kid.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Maybe you should watch him. I said I hope he is a great kid. Doesn’t come across that way though.

The showboating on tds. Slowing down so much before going in end zone. Looping inside the five before going in end zone. The two different celebrations he did tonight. Maybe it’s just me. I’m an Emmitt Smith guy, score and hand the ball to the ref.

Thought Beck played great, saw nothing in the area of showboating that concerns me. Blacksburg played with class in both games. Just do us all a favor and get a new announcer and new scoreboard

Thanks 177. You saw exactly what I saw. I’m not dogging the kid. Hope he scores 1000 tds for tech. Just tone it down

showboating while walking into the endzone, running the goal line after breaking a screen pass. i don't care how you know him personally, but the kid acted arrogant.

He knows him very very well that's exactly why he don't see what you and I both saw at the game tonight

Y’all sound crazy. Kid is arrogant and classless because he did something that 99.999% of all football players do. Ok, gotcha.
Probably just a matter of taste. I think most Salem fans like it when the player just hands the ball to the official. Old school. Tucker scored tonight and just laid the ball on the ground softly. But Beck did nothing bad. I hear he's a great kid. Wish him all the best

Players at Salem don’t do that
Different strokes for different folks. Not advocating for his actions but I doubt that defines his character by any means. I personally like a give the ball to the ref, thank your lineman type of player.. Guess it’s all about preference. Still doesn’t define him as a young man.

Showboat? The kid is the farthest thing from that. He never flaunts or talks, not sure why you would call him arrogant. He is a classy kid who does things the right way.

I just watched the highlights on the news and he definitely should have a flag thrown on him after a TD "celebration". Class was not shown at that moment.

Different strokes for different folks. Not advocating for his actions but I doubt that defines his character by any means. I personally like a give the ball to the ref, thank your lineman type of player.. Guess it’s all about preference. Still doesn’t define him as a young man.
Your kids didn’t do that either. It was was a great trip to GW, not just because Salem won.

Never yell at a kid for celebrating anything, never tell any adult how to celebrate because that's fascist garbage, thus celebrate all the scores all the time.

Never yell at a kid for celebrating anything, never tell any adult how to celebrate because that's fascist garbage, thus celebrate all the scores all the time.

There is a difference between celebrating and showboating. However, to watch someone showboat like that and lose is just perfect.

Reactions: 24153Sports
The kid is the best athlete on the field if he slowed down a touchdown that’s on your defense for not chasing him and allowing him to walk into the end zone, I was coached old school as it gets, not much talking done just knocking pads if somebody is ruffling your feathers. Salem is still Salem they click at the right moment, Blacksburg ran into that wall they say it’s hell to beat somebody twice, it seems like they had it in hand they just couldn’t finish the 4th.

The kid is the best athlete on the field if he slowed down a touchdown that’s on your defense for not chasing him and allowing him to walk into the end zone, I was coached old school as it gets, not much talking done just knocking pads if somebody is ruffling your feathers. Salem is still Salem they click at the right moment, Blacksburg ran into that wall they say it’s hell to beat somebody twice, it seems like they had it in hand they just couldn’t finish the 4th.
He was the fastest kid on the field, not sure he was best athlete. Ramsey freak of an athlete at 211 pounds

I don’t doubt the Ramsey kids athleticism but I wasn’t a believer until I saw Beck in person and after the workout i know how special he could be. Hopefully he doesn’t lay waste on Techs offense.

He was the fastest kid on the field, not sure he was best athlete. Ramsey freak of an athlete at 211 pounds

There is a difference between being fast and being a great RB. I've seen Beck play a few times this year and saw a lot of tape, he's good and he has fantastic combine numbers that D1's love. Not even in the top 5 RB's in the area this year IMO...

Reactions: lyhsports
How many other backs are going division one, the kid has NFL or Olympic potential. That’s where my comments come from but if you’re building your d1 team with those other kids be my guest I take nothing away from them. There’s an old additive you just can’t coach speed/size you got it or you don’t and at the D1 level and beyond that’s something that separates you, that’s why some get offered and others don’t. It’s a cold world but you can plug Beck in at more positions at the next level than the other players in a power 5 conference.

I definitely would stop short of saying he has NFL potential, that's ridiculous.

He absolutely is the best athlete in the area, though.

I definitely would stop short of saying he has NFL potential, that's ridiculous.

He absolutely is the best athlete in the area, though.

Whats ridiculous about saying that he has NFL potential? I didn’t say the kid was a future HOF, but I don’t doubt he couldn’t make a practice squad or a 53 if he works hard and commits to becoming great at football I believe there’s a chance thus contributing to me saying he has the potential.

Reactions: gwb16 and eh31
Fine, every kid has NFL potential. Everyone's the best at everything all the time forever and ever and nobody ever wins or loses anything.

But every kid also has power 5 offers from the SEC/ACC. You my friend got it though, where you want me to send your offer or your tryout information?

But every kid also has power 5 offers from the SEC/ACC. You my friend got it though, where you want me to send your offer or your tryout information?

No, you said he has NFL potential, so I'll say every kid does therefore you can't get your feelings hurt. Nevermind the astronomical probabilities of even making a practice squad and the kid hasn't taken snap one in college yet. If your only hint of logic in discussion his NFL potential is that he basically "tries hard" then by your logic every kid has NFL potential.

I saw FFE, saw nothing resembling showboating. Kid was having fun playing a game, some of you are woefully out of touch seniors who should probably stay inside with the blinds closed lest you catch sight of children enjoying life. I mean, I genuinely feel sorry for a lot of you because you're so old and bitter, it just has to be a miserable life.

The saddest part is Salem won the damn game and this is what you all choose to focus on, not the team losing by 37 points to Blacksburg a couple months ago and coming up with the W when it mattered most. Pathetic.

Great comeback by Spartans in 4th quarter after being dominated in the third quarter. Ramsey makes spectacular run to put Spartans in the lead, but Close the tight end makes great catch and run for td to cut it to 32-27. Great season by Blacksburg. They had a great year. I do think Sherando should thank the Spartans for saving them from making the trip to Blacksburg where they would have had to endure the most annoying announcer in high school football history. I mean this guy is God awful. So at least Sherando fans are spared that ordeal.
I agree that announcer in Blacksburg is dreadful

Reactions: SpartanForce
I saw the game on Gamedaymag.com. What a game! I was trying to listen to the Louisa @ Dinwiddie game but the radio broadcast was not working.

Regarding Beck showboating: he was a little but come on guys this is a big deal for these kids. He was having fun out there.

The first half the football was dipped in Bacon Grease or something. Salem and BB are both lucky the other one didn't blow them out.

The second half was two great teams playing football on the highest level.
It was a team that hits home-runs against a team that hits single and doubles.

I could feel it when Salem got the ball with 6 minutes left in the game, this is where it pays to hit those single and doubles. Because if Salem would have had a quick hit score... Blacksburg would have came down and scored again.

Congrats to both teams on a great season!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT