ADVERTISEMENT

Salem - Pulaski Co. Common Opponents This Year

redzone4us

VaPreps Rookie
Dec 3, 2012
Salem & Pulaski Co. played 6 common opponents this year. salem's avg. margin of victory was 42 points per game. Pulaski co. avg. margin of victory versus same opponents was 10 points per game. just thought that was interesting. but what does it mean? absolutely nothing.

Salem & Pulaski Co. played 6 common opponents this year. salem's avg. margin of victory was 42 points per game. Pulaski co. avg. margin of victory versus same opponents was 10 points per game. just thought that was interesting. but what does it mean? absolutely nothing.
On paper 6 common opponents and such a disparity in MOV it seems an easy pick em. Games aren't played on paper though, as you said it means nothing. This is a rivalry game, Salem has won 6 straight. Pulaski would like nothing more than to blemish Salem's perfect record while maintaining their own. Pulaski owns more wins against the Spartans than any other team with 19. (Salem holds the 23-19 edge) Northside and Salem are frenemies, Pulaski and Salem genuinely don't like each other. Pulaski will do their best to hang an L on Salem, should be the biggest crowd this rivalry has seen since 2008.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
And I predict that might just be close to the actual score! 42-10 ;)

I would love to see Pulaski win this. They've had to fight all year to be where they are and I hope they do the same against Salem. I crave an unsettling of the seeding apple cart. But the reality of all this is that a Cougar victory is very unlikely. But I'm still rooting Pulaski. GL to both on Friday.

Salem 35 Pulaski 21-------will be close most of the game and Salem will never feel completely in charge. Pulaski will try to run ball and run clock with the occasional deep pass. Defensively Pulaski must try to contain Salem's speed and make them drive long fields. Pulaski must hope for Salem mistakes (penalties and turnovers) Salem will do what Salem does----they rarely change anything---run between the tackles---sweep occasionally----play action pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT