ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs. EC Glass

Who wins and why?

• Salem Spartans

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • EC Glass

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Respect what the Glass coaches are doing but hard to pick against the Spartans in this one. Thought Glass would beat Salem with Kendrick and a loaded team a few years back but couldn’t. Hope I’m wrong, I’d like to see the Hilltoppers represent the 434 in the states. Salem is clicking at the right time. Wilson has been there before and Peyton Lewis is a man amongst boys. Glass let Halifax hang 32 on them, mannn as much as I think George White is the best QB in 4D, I don’t see them matching Salem score for score.
Yeah tough to beat them all stars!

Isn't Heritage at home if LCA Loses? Doesn't Heritage get first choice since Heritage beat Glass in the regular season?
Glass would get the choice since Hhs got it in rd 2. I think it’s all for talk bcuz TA ain’t beating LCA

Reactions: lyhsports
I see what you are saying. But as a coach, I want the best 11 players on the field. Just because you are a Jr. or Sr. doesn't automatically make you the best option. That's probably why he left the program.
You're a coach? Can I send you some film of my niece's boyfriend (not a salem player?) He is a baller just not getting reps. Do you do private lessons? What team do you coach?

Thank you, Coach. Too bad about the lessons, I’m sure you are busy. What school are the Devil Dogs?
Oh , no school. That's my Fantasy team. And boy am I rocking it! I'm really good at picking who should play and who shouldn't.

P.S. Why don't you post video of your nieces boyfriend in action on here, and I'll be happy to give my evaluation, No Charge!

Last edited:
Oh , no school. That's my Fantasy team. And boy am I rocking it! I'm really good at picking who should play and who shouldn't.

P.S. Why don't you post video of your nieces boyfriend in action on here, and I'll be happy to give my evaluation, No Charge!
You pulled my leg! good for you! I should have guessed you were some slap dick wanna be fan like me! No need for evaluations from slappys like me and you. LOL

Has any 4a Seminole team beaten Salem in the playoffs in the last decade or so?
(I know Christmas’ 2015 JF team did but that can’t be the only one)

The award for Heritage in 2012 was a loaded Briar Woods team. Probably the best overall team in the state that yr

Think I'd favor LT in that one. Stopped Phoebus from seeking its 5th state title in a row.

Salem being able to get the win at Louisa without having to play Peyton Lewis on defense was really big.

He is fantastic on that side of the ball as well but was a little banged up so they rested him. I expect him to be much more healthy for the EC Glass game.

Yeah tough to beat them all stars!

Salem being able to get the win at Louisa without having to play Peyton Lewis on defense was really big.

He is fantastic on that side of the ball as well but was a little banged up so they rested him. I expect him to be much more healthy for the EC Glass game.
I think has had offers from Duke and Liberty? Am I correct? Are their more? He should blow up this post season.

I think has had offers from Duke and Liberty? Am I correct? Are their more? He should blow up this post season.
ODU and Liberty so far. I could see Duke offering soon and then a bunch from other ACC schools shortly after that. Wouldn't be surprised if some Big Ten schools offered within the next few weeks as well.

He is a can't miss prospect imo and VT should definitely be one of the earliest offers if they want a chance. They have already offered one of his teammates, Junior WR/LB/S Chris Cole.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Think I'd favor LT in that one. Stopped Phoebus from seeking its 5th state title in a row.
It would have helped your argument if the Phoebus game was close. LT wacked them 54-0 in the regional game. LT then had a great finish to their semi final game. Won on a last second FG. LT beat SB in the finals in a one score game. Phoebus was on the same level they were the previous yrs

ODU and Liberty so far. I could see Duke offering soon and then a bunch from other ACC schools shortly after that. Wouldn't be surprised if some Big Ten schools offered within the next few weeks as well.

He is a can't miss prospect imo and VT should definitely be one of the earliest offers if they want a chance. They have already offered one of his teammates, Junior WR/LB/S Chris Cole.
His speed has made him an elite player from the first game he played. However, he seems to have gotten so much better as a true tailback as the season has progressed. This makes sense given he was out for the better part of two years with injuries. He's reading his blocks, changing speeds, and running with a lot more power. I also loved that Salem has incorporated him into the passing game. He's got good hands and running those flare and wheel routes are going to create a nightmare for opposing defenses. I'd love to see him get a shot at playing at VT.

Reactions: dblplaa and one man
I don't know a whole lot about Glass this year, but they seem to match up pretty well with Salem. They have great coaching, an abundance of athletes, and pretty good O and D lines. Just from what other Glass fans on here have said, it seems like at times they are their own worst enemy with turnovers or penalties. If they keep those mistakes down, I look for this to be a very close game that could go either way. I'm really interested in the QB battle. White is fantastic and if Salem's secondary makes too many errors, he's going to make them pay. For Salem, not much has been said about Wilson, but he's had two great playoff games. Yes, he threw one INT against Louisa, but his command of that game both running and throwing the ball made a HUGE difference in what they could do when trying to defend Salem. If he plays that well again, it's going to be very difficult for Glass to win.

Reactions: lyhsports

I got a kick out of the hypotheticals about if Louisa did this and if they did that then Salem scores fewer points and Louisa wins. Wondering if having the best athlete on the team out on defense would have helped Salem at all? Eh, probably not. ;)

Reactions: OCBoy

I would imagine he will be playing defense all night. Especially since, Jaelyn Allen will probably be suspended for being ejected vs Louisa for two unsportsmanlike penalties.

I would imagine he will be playing defense all night. Especially since, Jaelyn Allen will probably be suspended for being ejected vs Louisa for two unsportsmanlike penalties.
Was he ejected from the game Friday? If not I would expect him to play

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNation85
I may be wrong but looking at the rule. A player or coach may be disqualified in that game for 2 unsportsman penalties. If a player is disqualify for fighting then that could lead to suspension for next game.

I may be wrong but looking at the rule. A player or coach may be disqualified in that game for 2 unsportsman penalties. If a player is disqualify for fighting then that could lead to suspension for next game.
27-11-6 Ejection of Player and/or Coach-Players and coaches who are ejected from
a contest, scrimmage, jamboree or Benefit Game for unsportsmanlike conduct and are ineligible for the team's next scheduled contest must be reported to the VHSL office on the form provided on the VHSL website. For engaging in fighting (including throwing punches as an instigator, in retaliation, or intentionally kicking or stomping an opponent), biting or aggressive physical contact shall result in a three-game suspension (a player shall be ineligible for the team's next three scheduled contests) and a coach for a minimum of the team's next three
scheduled contests. Profanity directed at a game official will result in a two-game suspension. Student/athletes who leave the bench area and become actively involved in an altercation will result in a two-game suspension. Coaches ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct will not be physically present or communicate in any way with the team at that next scheduled contest. (For the purposes of this rule, a basketball player who collects five personal fouls and must therefore leave the game is not considered to be ejected and is not automatically guilty of
a sportsmanship violation.) Any player assessed two technical fouls is considered to have committed a sportsmanship violation and must sit out the next contest. The decision to eject and therefore suspend from the next scheduled contest(s) may be appealed by conforming with the following procedure.

27-11-6 Ejection of Player and/or Coach-Players and coaches who are ejected from
a contest, scrimmage, jamboree or Benefit Game for unsportsmanlike conduct and are ineligible for the team's next scheduled contest must be reported to the VHSL office on the form provided on the VHSL website. For engaging in fighting (including throwing punches as an instigator, in retaliation, or intentionally kicking or stomping an opponent), biting or aggressive physical contact shall result in a three-game suspension (a player shall be ineligible for the team's next three scheduled contests) and a coach for a minimum of the team's next three
scheduled contests. Profanity directed at a game official will result in a two-game suspension. Student/athletes who leave the bench area and become actively involved in an altercation will result in a two-game suspension. Coaches ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct will not be physically present or communicate in any way with the team at that next scheduled contest. (For the purposes of this rule, a basketball player who collects five personal fouls and must therefore leave the game is not considered to be ejected and is not automatically guilty of
a sportsmanship violation.) Any player assessed two technical fouls is considered to have committed a sportsmanship violation and must sit out the next contest. The decision to eject and therefore suspend from the next scheduled contest(s) may be appealed by conforming with the following procedure.
Not sure how the basketball-specific rule cited in bold would translate to football personal fouls. I would imagine this is based entirely on the type of offense. Also not sure if the officials threw him out or if Holter pulled him out himself.

It would suck to see that absolute garbage officiating crew (as bad as I have ever seen) not only effect last week's game but this one as well.

Reactions: Kilroy25 and SFUWO
Not sure how the basketball-specific rule cited in bold would translate to football personal fouls. I would imagine this is based entirely on the type of offense. Also not sure if the officials threw him out or if Holter pulled him out himself.

It would suck to see that absolute garbage officiating crew (as bad as I have ever seen) not only effect last week's game but this one as well.
LOL the term "technical foul" isn't exclusive to basketball in term of VHSL policy. It simply means a foul that is not related to game play. All I know is that he received two unsportsmanlike penalties (technical fouls) and was ejected.

But I do agree, it would suck if he couldn't play this week.

Last edited:
LOL the term "technical foul" is exclusive to basketball in term of VHSL policy. It simply means a foul that is not related to game play. All I know is that he received two unsportsmanlike penalties (technical fouls) and was ejected.

But I do agree, it would suck if he couldn't play this week. Do
I get that but right before it is giving a specific basketball reference. Also, personal fouls/technical fouls CAN both be related to gameplay, but they can also not be.

Did you go to the Salem/Louisa game by chance?

The only reason I used 40 is because Salem gave up 37 to a team that is not as good as Glass with a total of 91 points scored. But it is possible the offenses get canceled out.

The only reason I used 40 is because Salem gave up 37 to a team that is not as good as Glass with a total of 91 points scored. But it is possible the offenses get canceled out.
7 points came off of a kick return TD and the worst one-side officiating that you will ever see in the second half also contributed quite a bit.

One of Salem's best defensive players, Peyton Lewis, also should return on that side of the ball. Hopefully star LB/TE Jaelyn Allen doesn't have to miss the game after the officials made a mistake calling two unsportsmanlike penalties (and kicked him out of the game) that were supposed to be on different players.

Speaking of the officials, it's taking everything in me not to completely expose that atrocious officiating crew on here...

Last edited:
7 points came off of a kick return TD and the worst one-side officiating that you will ever see in the second half also contributed quite a bit.

One of Salem's best defensive players, Peyton Lewis, also should return on that side of the ball. Hopefully star LB/TE Jaelyn Allen doesn't have to miss the game after the officials made a mistake calling two unsportsmanlike penalties (and kicked him out of the game) that were supposed to be on different players.

Speaking of the officials, it's taking everything in me not to completely expose that atrocious officiating crew on here...
Unfortunately complaints about officiating has been around for decades. It is unavoidable. Glass and Salem should present a good game. Salem has history on their side but Glass has shown they can get it done.

Reactions: wikki
I would have said the same thing last yr but Louisa Co beat EC Glass. Other than the Salem game Louisa Co looked more impressive than Glass. Don't forget Heritage shut Glass out. This should be a good game. I'm not expecting a lot of points.

I am looking forward to watching this Salem/Glass matchup. I think it is right up there with Phoebus/Lake Taylor in terms of anticipation. It is. A great time of year.

Reactions: SFUWO
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT