ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs Louisa

Who wins and why?

• Salem Spartans

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Louisa Lions

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters
Salem has not looked good at all against the 2 best teams on their schedule (Martinsburg & PH). And could have easily lost to Franklin Co. & Christainsburg. If Louisa stops Salem's running game, (Salem's passing attack puts the fear in no one.) Louisa wins handily.
That's exactly what you want.😂

Last edited:
Lions are going to pull this game out and win in a shoot out 49-21...why because the Lions 2 Freshman are going to give match up problems along with trying to stop the QB. I like our O-line and D-line match up more than I like the skill match up vs. Salem. As I posted a few weeks ago look for Coach Patrick to open up the playbook.
I too don’t know about 49 but I’m taking lions but 35-24. Hoping for good game and those freshman are awesome

I think if Salem keeps the score low that favors Salem more than Louisa. I do believe that this is the best team we have played to this point, but we also have been resting our starters by the half in all but 2 games. We are averaging a lot of points per game, this is the best offense that Salem has seen all year too.

Lions are going to pull this game out and win in a shoot out 49-21...why because the Lions 2 Freshman are going to give match up problems along with trying to stop the QB. I like our O-line and D-line match up more than I like the skill match up vs. Salem. As I posted a few weeks ago look for Coach Patrick to open up the playbook.
Yes, anything can happen. However, I would be shocked if Louisa puts up 49 on the Spartans. Louisa has a lot of weapons and they'll have to use them without too many mistakes. Salem's defense is quite good. They are fast and very physical. All of Salem's secondary is a threat for a pick six. I think there were two last night. However, they can't blow coverages and Salem will definitely need to get some pressure on Louisa's QB. It's true that Hiter and Carter are amazing, especially for being freshmen. I also agree that Louisa's OL and DL could give Salem issues. However, offensively Salem doesn't need a bunch of 30yd+ plays. They want to control the clock with 3-4yd runs, avoid penalties and turnovers, and catch you sleeping a time or two with a deep pass or toss sweep to 4A's fastest player. I fully expect there to be a wrinkle or two from the playbook, but mostly Salem is going to play smash mouth football and try to out-execute Louisa.

I do understand that last year was last year and these are two different teams, but last year's score was 55-7 Salem. It deserves some consideration no matter how small

I think if Salem keeps the score low that favors Salem more than Louisa. I do believe that this is the best team we have played to this point, but we also have been resting our starters by the half in all but 2 games. We are averaging a lot of points per game, this is the best offense that Salem has seen all year too.
Salem has seen two very very good offenses--Martinsburg and Patrick Henry. Salem did lose those games but there will be no talent shock. This team has seen talent. The question has to be asked, has Louisa been on the field against a team as talented as Salem.

Salem has seen two very very good offenses--Martinsburg and Patrick Henry. Salem did lose those games but there will be no talent shock. This team has seen talent. The question has to be asked, has Louisa been on the field against a team as talented as Salem.
Not this year. Salem is more than capable of winning this game. Louisa is beatable at home in the playoffs.

I highly doubt their offense is better than Martinsburg. Or as good as Martinsburg in general.

The Salem-PH game wasn’t about talent, it was all coaching.. Salem coaches chose the wrong game plan, period, and they didn’t waiver from it even though it wasn’t working!! If Salem doesn’t open the play book and mix it up, Louisa may win by 50. If Salem tries to run the tackles like they did against PH, this game will be ugly

I highly doubt their offense is better than Martinsburg. Or as good as Martinsburg in general.
Coach Patrick does a good job using his two stars. I know scores don't matter, but last year was last year and these two freshman were not on the field so that should be considered is PH only gave up 7 to Salem. PH Albemarle score was 39-28 (we scored 69 on Albemarle) this Lion offense yes has a lot of penalties, but man can they score!

Reactions: gwcards
Coach Patrick does a good job using his two stars. I know scores don't matter, but last year was last year and these two freshman were not on the field so that should be considered is PH only gave up 7 to Salem. PH Albemarle score was 39-28 (we scored 69 on Albemarle) this Lion offense yes has a lot of penalties, but man can they score!
And Cave Spring beat PH 34-28. Then Salem beat Cave Spring the very next week 42-7. Transitive scores don't work. Each game is different. A solid player has a bad night. Fumbles the ball or the refs catch the hold you've been getting away with on a long score. No different the yr Louisa beat Dinwiddie and Dinwiddie beat Salem. Then Salem beats Louisa.

And Cave Spring beat PH 34-28. Then Salem beat Cave Spring the very next week 42-7. Transitive scores don't work. Each game is different. A solid player has a bad night. Fumbles the ball or the refs catch the hold you've been getting away with on a long score. No different the yr Louisa beat Dinwiddie and Dinwiddie beat Salem. Then Salem beats Louisa.
Exactly! Well said. Matchups in 2017 played a major factor.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and SFUWO
50? Damn why we even playing the game
Comparing scores means absolutely nothing . It’s all about who executed the most.

Reactions: SFUWO
Exactly! Well said. Matchups in 2017 played a major factor.
Ehhhh .. 😒 don’t remind me

Louisa was a very good team and we were not physical enough to handle their rugby scrum offense. Bell worked us over and the Lions defense kept P. Pope and the rushing game in check. Also Brandon Smith must have made 50 tackles.

Louisa was a very good team and we were not physical enough to handle their rugby scrum offense. Bell worked us over and the Lions defense kept P. Pope and the rushing game in check. Also Brandon Smith must have made 50 tackles.
7 & 5 were bulldozers

When Ramsey was in the right frame of mind he could have ran for 200 yards against anybody including some college teams. Not throwing shade, but the had lightening and pissed it away. Not sure why it happened, but it's a dang shame.

Reactions: BGfootball95
When Ramsey was in the right frame of mind he could have ran for 200 yards against anybody including some college teams. Not throwing shade, but the had lightening and pissed it away. Not sure why it happened, but it's a dang shame.
Yea, one of the best if not the best I've seen. Strange how things turned out. His brother had a great career at VMI and was always model citizen

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Remember talking with one Robert Anderson not long ago, called Ramsey arguably the area's biggest "what if?". Kid had Sunday potential.

Still my favorite individual play of all the Salem football I've ever seen. 7 Cburg players physically contacted him, another 2 were within arm's length.

Remember talking with one Robert Anderson not long ago, called Ramsey arguably the area's biggest "what if?". Kid had Sunday potential.

Still my favorite individual play of all the Salem football I've ever seen. 7 Cburg players physically contacted him, another 2 were within arm's length.

Great video. Just crazy good. Lewis is actually faster than Ramsey but Ramsey 15/20 pounds heavier and stronger and could break tackles better.

They let him play DE one year across from his brother because Salem had a senior TB and his brother was the FB (2015, when DeAngelo was a soph). 8.5 sacks and twice as many TFL, an absolute menace on the outside.

Drove me up a wall he wasn't even all-region because of the "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" way coaches do all-region/all-state stuff. Kid was arguably the best DE in the state that year, too.

They let him play DE one year across from his brother because Salem had a senior TB and his brother was the FB (2015, when DeAngelo was a soph). 8.5 sacks and twice as many TFL, an absolute menace on the outside.

Drove me up a wall he wasn't even all-region because of the "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" way coaches do all-region/all-state stuff. Kid was arguably the best DE in the state that year, too.
Got me hooked now. Ramsey vs. Charlottesville in playoffs. As the kis say--sick

• Sad
Reactions: one man
50? Damn why we even playing the game
I say that because Salem ain’t much between the tackles vs decent teams. Sure they can blow it up against W Albemarle, and those caliber teams, Video I have watched on Louisa, their O line does a good job getting push on the D line, that coupled with a dynamic running back = trouble..If Salem goes in there and tries to run the between the tackles, there’s gonna be a lot of 3 and outs. Salem needs to figure out how to get all that speed the ball.. Spread the field, create lanes and let Lewis feed!

It's a shame that DeAngelo Ramsey chose to not play defense after his sophomore year. He would literally not try any time the coaches put him out there until they stopped even trying. He had crazy talent on the defensive side of the ball that went untapped.

@Shabutie I had heard about similar transgression about Ramsey I know this may be a bit of a fragile question, but why would Coach Magenbauer put up with that type of attitude. Stud or not it's seems very uncharacteristic of the Salem coaching staff. I know it's water under the bridge now; however, I have worked with troubled kids for 34 years and it seems a lack of accountability may have led to Deangelos ultimate self destruction. I promise I have the utmost respect for the Salem program and am not trying start anything. Sad to see such talent go astray.

I say that because Salem ain’t much between the tackles vs decent teams. Sure they can blow it up against W Albemarle, and those caliber teams, Video I have watched on Louisa, their O line does a good job getting push on the D line, that coupled with a dynamic running back = trouble..If Salem goes in there and tries to run the between the tackles, there’s gonna be a lot of 3 and outs. Salem needs to figure out how to get all that speed the ball.. Spread the field, create lanes and let Lewis feed!
Correct if I'm wrong but those are the same caliber teams Louisa has played. All season So yes it's going to look like they are doing a good job. Louisa may win the game. Im expecting a much closer game.

@Shabutie I had heard about similar transgression about Ramsey I know this may be a bit of a fragile question, but why would Coach Magenbauer put up with that type of attitude. Stud or not it's seems very uncharacteristic of the Salem coaching staff. I know it's water under the bridge now; however, I have worked with troubled kids for 34 years and it seems a lack of accountability may have led to Deangelos ultimate self destruction. I promise I have the utmost respect for the Salem program and am not trying start anything. Sad to see such talent go astray.
he was suspended for the season after like 2 games his junior yr. I would say that should straighten up most kids. Then he didn't come straight in and play a lot of snaps his Sr yr. It wasn't until the playoffs when he started getting the bulk of the load

Yeah, I don't know first hand, but I was told by a couple of people about 8 years ago that PETA got involved. I do think the lion died since then and I remember some talk about having him stuffed and brought to the ga
If your talking strictly running back wise, Henderson & Patrick Mills are the best Running Backs I’ve ever seen at the high school level
In all my years, I have never seen a running back at the high school level that was better than Henderson. He looked like a man among boys when he ran the ball.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Correct if I'm wrong but those are the same caliber teams Louisa has played. All season So yes it's going to look like they are doing a good job. Louisa may win the game. Im expecting a much closer game.
You have a good point.. their schedule is pretty weak..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT