ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando vs. Fort Hill (MD)

Hey Sherando guys,....how about some recommendations for good eats near the Stadium, or fairly close by. Haven't been to Sherando since we beat you guys 49-13 in 1993.

Hey Sherando guys,....how about some recommendations for good eats near the Stadium, or fairly close by. Haven't been to Sherando since we beat you guys 49-13 in 1993.

Yup, that was Sherando's first year open. They went winless.

I'd check out Roma if you don't mind sitting down. It's just down the road from Sherando off the I-81 exit. Great Italian food!

First year, no excuses man. We know it's in your kid's heads that you just lost bad to Fort Hill only 22 years ago. In all seriousness, thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: Shruikan
Some of us will be tailgating in the pool parking lot recommended. Anyone (including Sherando) is welcome. Just bring your own food :)

Roma is excellent, but probably better for after-game. You are better off getting to the lot and tailgating. There will be plenty of that going on!

Yup, that was Sherando's first year open. They went winless.

I'd check out Roma if you don't mind sitting down. It's just down the road from Sherando off the I-81 exit. Great Italian food!

Roma's is the best, but yeah, you gotta sit down. The usual McDs, BK, Wendy's, Arby's, KFC/Taco Bell are nearby. If you like Irish pubs, go a little further on 81 into Middletown (about 5 miles from Stephens City) and hit up Nana's Irish pub. Really good grub!

I believe that the Maryland schools that do not offer football allow students to play at a county school that does have football. At least that was the policy when I lived there. I hope that they do not see what Virginia does and try to adopt something like here. It will become a disaster with 478 different classifications and watered down playoffs. Scheduling difficulties etc.

Haha no need for 478 classifications. The system I have, which I have named the "PERFECT system" would break it down as follows: 0-400=1A, 401-750=2A, 751-1450=3A, 1451-Above=4A. 32 team playoff for 2A-4A and 16 team playoff for 1A. No watering down present. Thank me later!

If I could I would vote you into the VHSL board to put that PERFECT system into effect immediately. I don't think it is necessarily watered but I don't like teams getting in that have only won a few games. I think the 4 classifications that you bring up would eliminate that. The 32 teams or 16 teams would then be quality teams that would only add excitement to the playoffs. We might see teams like Giles, Riverheads, Altivista and several others grouped in the same classification therefor creating more parity and a great playoff venue.

Reactions: mmqp
Yea, I mean 2A through 4A would be STACKED. 1A would be exactly what it's supposed to be for, the smallest schools in the state. I've never liked the idea of schools being stuck in Divisions where they're either over 2 times as small as the largest schools in their division or over 2 times as large as the smallest schools in their division. This system would *almost* eliminate that issue, with minimal exceptions.

I'd love to work for the VHSL. I'd love to find a way to "stick-it" to LCA for pulling the crap they did and wasting money on a lawsuit. I would make it my life goal to get back at them. One way or another. Lol!

Haha no need for 478 classifications. The system I have, which I have named the "PERFECT system" would break it down as follows: 0-400=1A, 401-750=2A, 751-1450=3A, 1451-Above=4A. 32 team playoff for 2A-4A and 16 team playoff for 1A. No watering down present. Thank me later!
Love this idea. Vhsl and school administrators should adopt this plan. VA does not need 6 classes, i think 4 would be a solid amount. If this happened, how many years do you think Riverheads would compete in 2a before their enrollment dropped to 400 students right on the dot to get them into 1a? Haha jk

So what do I have to do to get on the VHSL board? LOL..

I admit, I would love to see the day when VHSL works closer with the ruling bodies of states that border us. I do not like how the state of Virginia had to bow down to the bunch of crooks at Liberty U and I think we all know what the repurcussions of that are going to be in the future. It's gonna be crap.

But if the ruling bodies of VA, MD, WV, NC, TN, KY, DC etc..etc.. etc work together perhaps they could all pool their resources and stand up to the private schools. And work to build an even better system for the public schools. Something to level the playing field across the board.

Lol, and yes KeithStone, my vision would see the VHSL to have more power/initiative to investigate oddities like you mention..there are so many I have noticed. One thing I do wish would happen is forcing Chincoteague to play a VHSL schedule. If you're a public school you should be required to be in the public school league. No if's, and's, or but's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT