ADVERTISEMENT

State Semifinals: 13-0 King George @ 13-0 Phoebus

Drove day of game when State Championships were at William and Mary and they played Dinwiddie and Louisa back to back years.
Drove day of game when they played John Champe.
3-0
💔😭 That first half Mags called may have been the best from a coach I’ve ever seen. He had us all discombobulated. Had we woken up earlier things may have been different 😔

I think Salem will be a formidable opponent. If they somehow lose to Tusk then I think Tusk will be blown out in state title game
Read. What u wrote
Drunk Fucked Up GIF by Getting On

I feel that whoever wins will steamroll because of the competition that I’ve seen these teams play. I know all about Salem an I mean no disrespect but outside of LCA, they don’t have a EV, Oscar Smith, Warwick, Varina, Dinwiddie on their schedule. You have to factor those things in. Against Phoebus how will they move the ball consistently? Against King George if they get behind by 14 how will they try to catch up before it gets ugly ? Those are questions that have to be answered a they don’t have a legitimate game sample to show me how.

Reactions: VolNation85
Legitimately asking. The defense for Varina that had 2 pick sixes off the most prolific passer the state has ever seen and held Jeff Overton to 1 score is a full “notch” below Phoebus? WOW

I feel that whoever wins will steamroll because of the competition that I’ve seen these teams play. I know all about Salem an I mean no disrespect but outside of LCA, they don’t have a EV, Oscar Smith, Warwick, Varina, Dinwiddie on their schedule. You have to factor those things in. Against Phoebus how will they move the ball consistently? Against King George if they get behind by 14 how will they try to catch up before it gets ugly ? Those are questions that have to be answered a they don’t have a legitimate game sample to show me how.
If Salem wins, they will do what Salem does.
1. Run inside out of the I formation.
2. Pitch wide to the fastest player in the state.
3. Run play action and throw deep.
4. Play good defense.
This isn't rocket science. Everyone knows what Salem does.
They will make no changes for King George or Phoebus or for that matter Tuscarora.
Salem has heard this all before.
Salem hopes to win Saturday and if they do win they will show up the next Saturday and do what they do. The game plan won't change. It hasn't changed in 40 years.
13 State Championship games , 10-3
Hope we get another opportunity.

Last edited:
Legitimately asking. The defense for Varina that had 2 pick sixes off the most prolific passer the state has ever seen and held Jeff Overton to 1 score is a full “notch” below Phoebus? WOW
I don’t mean no harm and ain’t diminishing nothing Freedom has done but the “most prolific passer the state has ever seen”?!?! Come on moe, they played 7 teams 4-6 or worse. 2 barely above .500. But I do agree Varina and Phoebus neck and neck. Phoebus just match up better with KG because of there offense.

I don’t mean no harm and ain’t diminishing nothing Freedom has done but the “most prolific passer the state has ever seen”?!?! Come on moe, they played 7 teams 4-6 or worse. 2 barely above .500. But I do agree Varina and Phoebus neck and neck. Phoebus just match up better with KG because of there offense.
He has a career of numbers. Far and away the most prolific passer the state has ever seen. Will graduate with 2 rings and nearly every passing record.

• Haha
Reactions: HooSprings
He has a career of numbers. Far and away the most prolific passer the state has ever seen. Will graduate with 2 rings and nearly every passing record.
How’s he gonna graduate with 2 rings?! He only has 1 playing a weak schedule THAT year. You trying to put Highland Springs in the grave before they face next week?! Not sure that’s a good idea!

Reactions: SFUWO
He benefits from the great talent around him and is able to put up big stats because of it.

Reactions: gwb16
How’s he gonna graduate with 2 rings?! He only has 1 playing a weak schedule THAT year. You trying to put Highland Springs in the grave before they face next week?! Not sure that’s a good idea!
Never! Forgot they’re up in C6. Not going to hijack this post here though. KG Phoebus will be a good one. Don’t think there’s as massive a jump in defense as people think unless Varina had kids out and it wasn’t mentioned.

Good luck Saturday. Freedom vs HS will shut the state down

Reactions: HooSprings
Just like every QB ever. He will graduate as the most prolific passer in VA HS football history. That’s not an opinion that’s fact
All those numbers and NO offers other than Fairmont State University. Nobody really wants a system QB. Prolific vs a weak schedule isn’t impressing any college coaches. Measurables matter! His lack of size matters! Sorry to be so blunt,but sometimes numbers DO LIE!

The most prolific passer the state has ever seen? Cmon man l get that Freedom is the new “it school” in D6 but stop the bs. I don’t care that he has those numbers running up the score against way less talented team. I can name 4 QBs from the city of Hampton alone that I’m sure 99.9% of posters would put way above the Freedom kid. If he’s so prolific where’s his offers at? You talk about Freedom like they walk on water lol.

And as far as Varina i don’t care what they did against Freedom…Phoebus is a better team. Go ask Maury (aka the best team in the state) who’s the best defense they’ve played all year and i guarantee they say Phoebus. It just is what it is.

If Salem wins, they will do what Salem does.
1. Run inside out of the I formation.
2. Pitch wide to the fastest player in the state.
3. Run play action and throw deep.
4. Play good defense.
This isn't rocket science. Everyone knows what Salem does.
They will make no changes for King George or Phoebus or for that matter Tuscarora.
Salem has heard this all before.
Salem hopes to win Saturday and if they do win they will show up the next Saturday and do what they do. The game plan won't change. It hasn't changed in 40 years.
13 State Championship games , 10-3
Hope we get another opportunity.
I guarantee you that Salem makes changes every week. There’s no way you can be serious about being a championship team and not make proper match up adjustments. Salem has tendencies but it’s no way that coach will come into a game Vs Phoebus dline talent and expect to run inside and have success.

All those numbers and NO offers other than Fairmont State University. Nobody really wants a system QB. Prolific vs a weak schedule isn’t impressing any college coaches. Measurables matter! His lack of size matters! Sorry to be so blunt,but sometimes numbers DO LIE!

Man y’all got one job my man! One job! I believe in y’all big time in that matchup. One week at a time though!

I guarantee you that Salem makes changes every week. There’s no way you can be serious about being a championship team and not make proper match up adjustments. Salem has tendencies but it’s no way that coach will come into a game Vs Phoebus dline talent and expect to run inside and have success.
Ask the 13 teams they have played in State Championship games.
1. They will run inside the tackles in the I formation.
2. They will run the pitch
3. They will run play action out of I formation.
4. They will play good defense.
Salem will not, I repeat, will not change.
Haven't in 40 years.
Played hugely talented Lake Taylor teams three times for State title---DID not change

Reactions: VolNation85
We need to worry about Tuscarora this Saturday. Can't get caught looking ahead. The Phantoms Black ops defense is arguably the best in the state.

The most prolific passer the state has ever seen? Cmon man l get that Freedom is the new “it school” in D6 but stop the bs. I don’t care that he has those numbers running up the score against way less talented team. I can name 4 QBs from the city of Hampton alone that I’m sure 99.9% of posters would put way above the Freedom kid. If he’s so prolific where’s his offers at? You talk about Freedom like they walk on water lol.

And as far as Varina i don’t care what they did against Freedom…Phoebus is a better team. Go ask Maury (aka the best team in the state) who’s the best defense they’ve played all year and i guarantee they say Phoebus. It just is what it is.
What do offers have to do with anything. Prolific equals numbers and he will graduate as the best passer
All those numbers and NO offers other than Fairmont State University. Nobody really wants a system QB. Prolific vs a weak schedule isn’t impressing any college coaches. Measurables matter! His lack of size matters! Sorry to be so blunt,but sometimes numbers DO LIE!O

Offers have zero to do with stats. He will graduate the most prolific passer in state history. He will own the VA record books. I don’t care where he’s going to school or who was a better player.

If Freedom comes in and plays anything like they have the last couple of weeks, I see them defeating Highland Springs by 3-4 touchdowns.
And that statement I guess you think in Highland Springs is no better than slow @$$ battlefield. If Maury could not beat us by three or four touchdowns, when we weren’t fully healthy, what in the world makes you think anybody can beat them by three or four touchdowns now that they’re fully healthy? For that matter, what makes you think you can even score 4 touchdowns against Highland Springs?

Whether people think he is most prolific passer in VA history is a matter of opinion, but you do need the stats to back it up and he for sure has that. I will say I think people need to distinguish between most recruited and "best player". I personally believe the Freedom QB is the current best QB in the state and clearly one of the best ever at this point, but other will just go directly to offers and that doesn't make sense because we know colleges offer different kids for wildly different reasons.

Whether people think he is most prolific passer in VA history is a matter of opinion, but you do need the stats to back it up and he for sure has that. I will say I think people need to distinguish between most recruited and "best player". I personally believe the Freedom QB is the current best QB in the state and clearly one of the best ever at this point, but other will just go directly to offers and that doesn't make sense because we know colleges offer different kids for wildly different reasons.
So you putting him up there with Ronald Curry? Same pedestal?! Smh

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
So you putting him up there with Ronald Curry? Same pedestal?! Smh
Not exactly that. I have no dog in the fight. But simply from an ON FIELD perspective it would be extremely disrespectful to not acknowledge this young man as basically on that tier of player if they finish this year as back to back D6 champs and most of the major statistical records to go with it.

Reactions: Johnny"football"
To get back on topic here, I think King George has a real deal chance at winning this game. Got a chance to watch some Phoebus film and I think they will struggle trying to throw ball against a very athletic KG secondary. I think Phoebus will have some success with the power run game and will also stop King George's run pretty well. Can King George hit enough big plays is the major question for me. If they can loosen up Phoebus's defense some then maybe they can find some running lanes and sustain some drives. I wouldn't put money against Phoebus because these are the type of games they consistently win but King George is legit. I'll go 17-16 King George.

He's not exaggerating at all. They really don't. They literally haven't changed their offensive scheme in 40 years. Do they change how often they run certain plays or when they run them? Yes! But as far as philosophy and scheme, it hasn't changed.

If they make it to the championship game, they will absolutely expect and attempt to run inside more often than not. It doesn't matter who, when, or where they play. It has nothing to do with the other team. It's just that they believe in their system. They are going to either win or lose but whichever they do, they will do it their way. You have to be familiar with the Salem program and community to understand it.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
Most of his stats is them running up the score against weaker teams to be honest. I don’t look at him and see anything special enough to be called the most prolific passer in state history. He’s a system kid to be honest.

Most of his stats is them running up the score against weaker teams to be honest. I don’t look at him and see anything special enough to be called the most prolific passer in state history. He’s a system kid to be honest.
Again I'm not saying the kid is Ronald Curry at all but he was also putting up big numbers in blowouts when they were killing everyone and breaking scoring records.

Again I'm not saying the kid is Ronald Curry at all but he was also putting up big numbers in blowouts when they were killing everyone and breaking scoring records.
Let’s not even mention that name in the same breath as any of these kids. Use Shon Mitchell from Smith as example.

He Definately aint no Ronald Curry. lol Records are made to be broken. Again, you could insert alot of highschool qb's in VA alone in his situation and they would put up the same numbers at Freedom because its the system, coaching and d1 talent around him that makes him look good.

Reactions: falcettik
He Definately aint no Ronald Curry. lol Records are made to be broken. Again, you could insert alot of highschool qb's in VA alone in his situation and they would put up the same numbers at Freedom because its the system, coaching and d1 talent around him that makes him look good.
Ok cool just don't give him any credit.

Prolific is stats. Nobody said best player ever. He is the most prolific passer in state history and will own every record when he graduates.

Prolific is stats. Nobody said best player ever. He is the most prolific passer in state history and will own every record when he graduates.
He might own a record and lead in stats but there are countless qbs waaaayy better than him this yr and years prior, they just was not in his situation surrounded by other great athletes. He is an average qb at best. How many d1 offers he has? You didnt mention that while mentioning his stats. He aint even the best player on his team...Jeff Overton is...lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT