ADVERTISEMENT

State Semifinals: 13-0 King George @ 13-0 Phoebus

I’m confused. Is that supposed to be a fake quote you made up? If so it didn’t hit right.

Pretty sure the most prolific rusher in VHSL history is finishing or just finished his collegiate career in DIII.
Thank you. They’ve been going on for days trying to say who’s a better player. Statement had absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the fact he will graduate as the most prolific passer the state has ever seen. Which is 1000% a fact

These are two really elite teams considering KG knocked off Dinwiddie and Varina back to back weekends and The Phantoms dominated a Warhill squad that was undefeated and beat a class 5 and class 3 regional champion. The more I have seen Phoebus the more impressed I have been as the season progresses. Overall, I love their brand of football!

However, I am going to take KG 26-21. I think Phoebus will have the ball final drive with the opportunity to take the lead but ultimately KG gets it done and advances.

What could thwart this prediction from my POV is if Phoebus controls the clock well and the TOP is lopsided in the Phantoms favor. What I have found over the years with Monacan having some really good passing teams is if you struggle stopping the run it doesn’t matter how good your passing game is. Turning around and handing the ball off has a lot less moving parts and limits the potential for errors.
KG will have to find a way to score on defense or ST if they are going to score 26. If KG wins I think it will be more in the 17-14 range. Phoebus is legit elite on defense. Also, something to consider is that the game will be played on grass. KG hasn't played on grass much this year. That is to the advantage of Phoebus. Grass makes it a little bit more difficult to run, cut, and kick.

KG will have to find a way to score on defense or ST if they are going to score 26. If KG wins I think it will be more in the 17-14 range. Phoebus is legit elite on defense. Also, something to consider is that the game will be played on grass. KG hasn't played on grass much this year. That is to the advantage of Phoebus. Grass makes it a little bit more difficult to run, cut, and kick.
Only three times on grass for King George this year if anyone wanted to know. That's less than 25% of their games played to date in 2023.

Reactions: VolNation85
I’m so torn on this game….. my mind is telling me 21-7 Phoebus, my heart is telling me 13-7 King George. If its raining I’m going Phoebus. If it’s particularly dry I’m going KG I honestly don’t know how this game will turn out but I know it’s going to be a slobberknocker

Safe travels to the King George team, staff, and community. 63 and cloudy at 2pm for the kickoff. Pack an umbrella!

I’m so torn on this game….. my mind is telling me 21-7 Phoebus, my heart is telling me 13-7 King George. If its raining I’m going Phoebus. If it’s particularly dry I’m going KG I honestly don’t know how this game will turn out but I know it’s going to be a slobberknocker
Answer this with your heart lol: how does King George hold Phoebus to 7? Just want to hear about their defense for once. I hear the hype about their offense and see it on the film, but nobody ever talks about their defense.

I'm torn too. Pulling for Phoebus, but would pull for KG next week if they win. I have Phoebus either winning a close one 13-7 or Phoebus getting some separation with a 24 - 7 with their defense forcing turnovers midway through the game and returning one or two of them.

I guarantee you that Salem makes changes every week. There’s no way you can be serious about being a championship team and not make proper match up adjustments. Salem has tendencies but it’s no way that coach will come into a game Vs Phoebus dline talent and expect to run inside and have success.
Red Sea Rugrats GIF

Answer this with your heart lol: how does King George hold Phoebus to 7? Just want to hear about their defense for once. I hear the hype about their offense and see it on the film, but nobody ever talks about their defense.
make the game Sloppy and hope to score on defense

TRENCHES!!! Let’s go.
Yep! That's where championships are won and lost. I don't think people understand just how dominant Phoebus is in the trenches on both sides of the ball. That's why they have been the favorite to win Class 4 all year in my eyes. They are heads and shoulders better in the trenches than anyone else in Class 4.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT