ADVERTISEMENT

Turnovers and trenches

Dec 2, 2007
Looking at this game from the sidelines, I would say both teams found what they liked last week and what they will hate to see in film session. GW has many starters back and a boost of winning on the road against an upstart in LCA. Great for confidence. On flip side, the D was abused and will face a different challenge in Amherst. Amherst got a great start vs Salem but their old Achilles' Heels of turnovers and penalties showed up in second half and spoiled their great start. Both teams are hungry and improvement from week 1 to week 2 is very important. I see Amherst on the turf being able to control the lines of scrimmage but the big plus is GW's speed to make the difference. Special teams will be a factor as well. Running game from Amherst may help control clock to keep GW on the defense and wear down. Prediction is GW 31 Amherst 27

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Well said Lnacerhoo! I've been telling everyone that Amherst has some big physical boys on those O and D lines. GW better be ready to used their speed to wear them down or it'll be a long drive back down 29. I have Amherst 35 GW 34.

Reactions: close2salem
Well said Lnacerhoo! I've been telling everyone that Amherst has some big physical boys on those O and D lines. GW better be ready to used their speed to wear them down or it'll be a long drive back down 29. I have Amherst 35 GW 34.
Wow! If Amherst keeps turnovers under control and penalties, they will take this game, otherwise they will not

I will believe with the turf field and long weekend, they are going to play so not to make people and players wait. Also, rain will not be a problem but any lightning or thunderstorms can make it difficult.

I will believe with the turf field and long weekend, they are going to play so not to make people and players wait. Also, rain will not be a problem but any lightning or thunderstorms can make it difficult.
Since having the field turf, I don't remember them canceling a game for rain

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Since having the field turf, I don't remember them canceling a game for rain
And they probably shouldn't postpone a game, extenuating circumstances excepted. That's a lot of the justification for the expense of turf.

I think schools down our way made a wise decision. They should get the game in tomorrow with no real issues. But Friday through Saturday there is at least an 80% chance of rain. As much as 1" to 2". Our field is soft already. An inch or more of rain and it wouldn't be pretty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT