ADVERTISEMENT

Unbiased opinion

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Feel free to agree, disagree, some of both, whatever, but I feel this needs to be said.

Everyone complaining about the Salem posts, maybe you should think about why that is? Could it be the fact that there are WAY more Salem posters as opposed to any other school.

I have never understood this "well such in such get talked about way too much on here, and we dont talk about this other team" The solution is so easy, and would cut down some of this bickering. When someone you like or want to talk about isn't, the YOU can just as easily talk about them. It's not just this board either, it's always "well you talk about so and so so much and yall never talk about this other team who deserves to be talked about. There are other teams besides so and so"

So maybe those people should spend less time complaining about what is or isnt talked about and try to do what their objective is, to get talk about others

Long ago, there used to be as many PC fans here as Salem fans.

Truth be told, I get a kick out of this stuff anyway. Adults mad at a screen, grown men and women who very often realize they're being trolled but lacking the ability to hit back or ignore (sometimes even literally failing to use the ignore feature) and having to be separated like squabbling children. People who use the word "snowflake" unironically in the year of our Lord 2018 and spend their time having their sensibilities seemingly assaulted on a constant basis because they lack the ability to read a thread title and avoid clicking on it if it seems the content or topic would annoy or anger them or to avoid interacting with certain people that for whatever reason you just don't get along with on here.

Football is typically bigger and more successful in Salem than most other areas in the state thus more fans thus more people likely to find their way here thus a more likely chance to see the good, bad, and the ugly that is in all fanbases. I'm sure those of you self-aware enough know of people in your respective fanbases you pray never find their way here (and for those of you wondering what I'm talking about, you're that person).

If everyone here was better at rolling with the punches and spent less time getting offended at this or that, it'd be easier for everyone to get along and enjoy the board. Stop taking this stuff so seriously.

Just my 2 cents (yes, I know that 2 cents is probably overpriced):

I have come to respect the Salem program to the nth degree. What is a bit irritable is when they lose, like last week, some Salem poster decides the forum can’t exist without a Salem thread about their history, next year, etc. That can be seen as disrespectful to those teams still playing. Real or perceived? Probably a bit of both.

When I was younger, I was pretty sure that I was a big deal! HOWEVER, it didn’t take long to realize the fallacy of that! My small part of the world will function with or without me. This forum will function just fine after a Salem loss. Salem football would be fine with or without this forum. No need to try to keep them relevant.

Just my 2 cents (yes, I know that 2 cents is probably overpriced):

I have come to respect the Salem program to the nth degree. What is a bit irritable is when they lose, like last week, some Salem poster decides the forum can’t exist without a Salem thread about their history, next year, etc. That can be seen as disrespectful to those teams still playing. Real or perceived? Probably a bit of both.

When I was younger, I was pretty sure that I was a big deal! HOWEVER, it didn’t take long to realize the fallacy of that! My small part of the world will function with or without me. This forum will function just fine after a Salem loss. Salem football would be fine with or without this forum. No need to try to keep them relevant.
This forum is to discuss High school football. That means any topic related to football. Just because your team loses does not mean you have to stop talking about them. Now most people get upset when their team loses and stop posting. They don’t post about current teams that are still alive for a title either. If I want to post about Blacksburg, Lake Taylor and Eastern View I can but I better not post about Salem Even though that’s the team I know the most about. I love high school football and I’m not going to tell someone that they cant post about their team. If YOU are tired of reading it then don’t read it.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
This forum is to discuss High school football. That means any topic related to football. Just because your team loses does not mean you have to stop talking about them. Now most people get upset when their team loses and stop posting. They don’t post about current teams that are still alive for a title either. If I want to post about Blacksburg, Lake Taylor and Eastern View I can but I better not post about Salem Even though that’s the team I know the most about. I love high school football and I’m not going to tell someone that they cant post about their team. If YOU are tired of reading it then don’t read it.
I guess reading comprehension is not a part of your repertoire.

Post all you want, when you want, about whoever you want. Just expect responses when you are purposely and pointedly doing so to “get under the skin” of others.

Time to clean the gutters, again. Happy trails.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
I guess reading comprehension is not a part of your repertoire.

Post all you want, when you want, about whoever you want. Just expect responses when you are purposely and pointedly doing so to “get under the skin” of others.

Time to clean the gutters, again. Happy trails.
So a post about Salem is purposely getting under your skin. My bad. Didn’t know people were so sensitive

Again that pesky reading comprehension thing...

You are starting to bore me. Yes that is a Clint Eastwood reference.

Last edited:

Well actually if we want to be correct, this forum is about 4a fall sports, not just football :). So Volleyball, cheerleading, golf

Well actually if we want to be correct, this forum is about 4a fall sports, not just football :). So Volleyball, cheerleading, golf
I’m good with that. We don’t have any volleyball to talk about in my area except girls but I wouldn’t know where to start

I’m good with that. We don’t have any volleyball to talk about in my area except girls but I wouldn’t know where to start

Just saying if you gonna call someone out, you better come with facts or they will try and negate your whole point. And I found it humorous lol

Reactions: SFUWO
Just saying if you gonna call someone out, you better come with facts or they will try and negate your whole point. And I found it humorous lol
I’ve been on theses boards for yrs and I don’t recall any other sport being talked about. You are right though it is for fall sports. Better come with facts. I’m good for a good laugh .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT