GW Danville 24.89
Loudon Valley 24.25
Amherst 23.75
William Byrd 23.5
Harrisonburg 22.88
Fauquier football 21.89
Liberty Bealton 21.75

Last edited:
Just updated some more ratings on original post ! A little sketchy on a point here or there but I think most are exact !

I hope those points pan out!
I was hoping that Sherando loss would help Woodgrove get up to 5th seed max...

Whoa, Nellie!!!
Champe jumps up to #1 by beating Heritage-Leesburg!
Shocking.

I'm sure all the public schools would like that
I'm probably one of only maybe 3 total posters who would like to see them in. I graduated from there in '92. If they beat Benedictine it will be close on making it. They would get 18 for the win (2A) + 16 rider points (8 wins) = 34. They won't get any help from Franklin Co rider point wise (0 wins) but they are 6A so they'll get 26 for the win. A loss to Benedictine they're out.

Last edited:
Reactions: wikki
So Harrisonburg at 6-2 isn't in playoff position right now?? If they win out will that change?

So Harrisonburg at 6-2 isn't in playoff position right now?? If they win out will that change?

13th in the latest rankings so they're right on the edge. Lots of things change in the last few weeks especially at that position. It'll be way more finite after this week's matchups, you'll know exactly who needs to win or lose.

I just hope they don't knock out Amherst, I already don't like them. If they do I hope they lose in the first round
Don't worry Wikki. IF they get in, they WILL lose in round one. For your Lancers, just win and they can't catch you.

Reactions: wikki
I was right with lca, 14th right now. I think if they win this week against Franklin county and some key teams lose they will jump right into the playoffs

Don't worry Wikki. IF they get in, they WILL lose in round one. For your Lancers, just win and they can't catch you.
IF they get in they SHOULD lose RD 1, but it depends on the matchup. I haven't seen them this year, but they usually have 40-45 on the roster, are big on the lines, have speed at the skill positions, have a smart QB with a good arm, and play better defense than most HS teams. The coaching staff is comprised with 8 former college football players. The head coach could easily be on the staff of any college. He could also be the head coach of a small to medium sized school. (D2/D3) They will be overlooked, but that might be a mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I just hope they don't knock out Amherst, I already don't like them. If they do I hope they lose in the first round
I think If Amherst win 2 of 3 they will get in but might have to travel to Sherando 1st round..

Just curious to why most public schools and their fans don't want to see lca in the vhsl or the playoff? There are 48 other states that play private and public in the same league, why has it been such a big deal in Virginia?

I'm probably one of only maybe 3 total posters who would like to see them in. I graduated from there in '92. If they beat Benedictine it will be close on making it. They would get 22 for the win (2A) + 16 rider points (8 wins) = 38. They won't get any help from Franklin Co rider point wise (0 wins) but they are 6A so they'll get 26 for the win. A loss to Benedictine they're out.

Well lets hope Benedictine wins.

If they think they're too good to go to a public school then why whine and cry to be put in the VHSL?

They wasted money on a lawsuit when that money could have been going towards, I dunno, helping those in need...isnt that what Christianity preaches? Or is that just in their name for tax exemption purposes.

Just curious to why most public schools and their fans don't want to see lca in the vhsl or the playoff? There are 48 other states that play private and public in the same league, why has it been such a big deal in Virginia?

Because you're a private school wanting to play in a public school league?? Because we all know LCA will break the rules left and right with no repurcussions (much like private schools in the other 48 states do).

But tell me, how is filing a lawsuit and wasting money on it a "Christian" thing to do?? Lynchburg Crooks Academy is a more apt name but you lose that tax exempt status then.

I'd like to see the reactions from LCA fans when they see Salem or JF and get pounded by 35+.

I'd like to see them lose about 77-0 to someone and go on back to the private ranks.

Instead they'll use money that could be going towards something positive for the community and buy some athletic kids to use for their talent. (Or use it take tear up the side of a mountain just to scribble "LU" in the side of it).

I hope LCA comes to Sherando opening round, not saying we would definitely win, but would love have the opportunity to beat the virgin team with its own set of rules in the vhsl. It's funny how money can buy you literally your own set of rules. It's not the vhsl fault really, how can you take hundreds of thousands of dollars needed for the public schools to defend against unlimited funds. The best thing we can do in the west is unite and support the team that ends up playing them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT