ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial 4a West leaders

Whats the scoop on Benedictine?How good are they?
Maxpreps has them ranked #6 in the state, #273 Nationally, ahead of Salem at #8 state, #331 Nationally. They are 7-1 with their only loss to Woodberry Forest ranked #5 state, #192 Nationally.

Just curious to why most public schools and their fans don't want to see lca in the vhsl or the playoff? There are 48 other states that play private and public in the same league, why has it been such a big deal in Virginia?
There are many reasons, just unfair advantage. They have everything and want more. As soon as they announced about the scholarships this year everyone was crying and protesting

Really, why is it so wrong about playing a private school? I welcome LCA. You obviously have no idea how private schools function. There are not unlimited amounts of funds for tuition to "recruit" players. I say, the more competition, the better it is!
They certainly add excitement to the boards and will to the playoffs as well. It's kind of like what Dale Earnhardt said to Jeff Gordon when he was getting booed early in his career, "As long as they are making noise"

Reactions: close2salem
I'd like to see them lose about 77-0 to someone and go on back to the private ranks.

Instead they'll use money that could be going towards something positive for the community and buy some athletic kids to use for their talent. (Or use it take tear up the side of a mountain just to scribble "LU" in the side of it).

They do own the mountain it's there private property if they want to put a logo on it its there property. Don't worry there gonna be adding a top of the line track an field complex under that logo.

Reactions: mike salem
They do own the mountain it's there private property if they want to put a logo on it its there property. Don't worry there gonna be adding a top of the line track an field complex under that logo.
I hope LCA makes it as long as they don't knock out Amherst to get there. LCA will have to knock off Benedictine to make it in, which will be no easy task, but hope they make it. The playoffs will be even more interesting with them in. Just my opinion, whatcha think Amherst #1?

Last edited:
They certainly add excitement to the boards and will to the playoffs as well. It's kind of like what Dale Earnhardt said to Jeff Gordon when he was getting booed early in his career, "As long as they are making noise"
good one, I am a Jeff Gordon fan

Really, why is it so wrong about playing a private school? I welcome LCA. You obviously have no idea how private schools function. There are not unlimited amounts of funds for tuition to "recruit" players. I say, the more competition, the better it is!
I know enough and some things I will not share, I didn't say anything about their unlimited or limited funds. No one will ever change my mind about how I feel. Their advantage has nothing to do with funds

I'd like to know what athletes you think lca has recruited? If you watch them play then you'd know they arent recruiting anyone. And the lawsuit was necessary it wasn't bout money or power. It was bout the student athletes who have to miss school and miss out on playing big rival games against kids they played little league with bc their school won't play them just bc they are private school. It's not fair to the kids as they go out of state to play a game and pass 100 public schools on the way. And a lot of people were mad over the LU scholarship, Athletes and book worms alike. The scholarship was rewarded to students who went 3rd grade through graduation. You got 10% tuition every year you went to lca. And for most families that put their kids in lca did it for 2 reasons. 1. For the Christian education and 2. For the opportunity to pay for college over 10 years instead of in 4 years or putting their kids 60,000 grand deep in student loans. So I don't know what the problem is with lca playing in the vhsl. The school, teams, and players have agreed to play within the rules so it's fair across the board.

There is an easy way to fix what you call not being fair in not getting to play in rival games just don't go to LCA that is a choice sorry if they felt that wasn't fair but they should not have chose to go there. How about playing at LU as an advantage.

I'd like to know what athletes you think lca has recruited? If you watch them play then you'd know they arent recruiting anyone. And the lawsuit was necessary it wasn't bout money or power. It was bout the student athletes who have to miss school and miss out on playing big rival games against kids they played little league with bc their school won't play them just bc they are private school. It's not fair to the kids as they go out of state to play a game and pass 100 public schools on the way. And a lot of people were mad over the LU scholarship, Athletes and book worms alike. The scholarship was rewarded to students who went 3rd grade through graduation. You got 10% tuition every year you went to lca. And for most families that put their kids in lca did it for 2 reasons. 1. For the Christian education and 2. For the opportunity to pay for college over 10 years instead of in 4 years or putting their kids 60,000 grand deep in student loans. So I don't know what the problem is with lca playing in the vhsl. The school, teams, and players have agreed to play within the rules so it's fair across the board.

In the loosest sense of the term. That place is as close to liberal as one can get! And I should know because I know plenty of people who went there.

And why have pity on them playing out of state when they CHOSE to go there to begin with??

How is playing at lu an advantage? First off, lca rents the stadium from lu and has been for years. Just like heritage and glass rent out the Lynchburg city stadium. Then also the players get dressed at the locker room at lca, hop on a bus then go to the stadium and then go down to the basement of the football operation center where the weight room is. They cant bc the doors locked but they aren't even allowed into the second floor where the lu locker room is. Then you got that huge stadium and a small crowd so there is no home crowd noise adavntage when their is a close game. So tell me how that playing there is an advantage?!
So you say that's it's the kids fault that he goes to lca? How bout they probably don't get a say it where ever the parent wants to send them. It's the parents choice and what ever reason they have, whether it be the Christian part, the education, the athletic success or the best coach in the area. But I'm sure a lot of the kids don't have a say because what kid would really want to wear uniforms everyday and attend a chapel every week?!

In the loosest sense of the term. That place is as close to liberal as one can get! And I should know because I know plenty of people who went there.

And why have pity on them playing out of state when they CHOSE to go there to begin with??
They have been trying to get into the vhsl for 10 plus years now and have always got denied. They had no choice but to play out of state because teams stopped playing lca

I know enough and some things I will not share, I didn't say anything about their unlimited or limited funds. No one will ever change my mind about how I feel. Their advantage has nothing to do with funds

Dude will change his tune when a couple of great athletes unexpectedly and inexplicably end up transferring to LCA.

Instead of joining the VHSL, why not encourage the private colleges around Virginia to pick up JV programs and play them instead. Heck, most of those schools have club teams anyway. Play them. Seems like a chance to play tougher competition anyway. Leave the VHSL alone.

Reactions: wikki
Instead of joining the VHSL, why not encourage the private colleges around Virginia to pick up JV programs and play them instead. Heck, most of those schools have club teams anyway. Play them. Seems like a chance to play tougher competition anyway. Leave the VHSL alone.
Seems like it's a little too personal for ya, to me just sounds like y'all just don't want to schedule or have to play lca.All I'm saying 47 other states do it so why such the negative backlash. I know private and public have been separated for 90 some odd years but times have changed. Didn't our president promise change?

Seems like it's a little too personal for ya, to me just sounds like y'all just don't want to schedule or have to play lca.All I'm saying 47 other states do it so why such the negative backlash. I know private and public have been separated for 90 some odd years but times have changed. Didn't our president promise change?

The school I follow will never have to play them.

As far as our current Prez goes, screw him. I'm sure you guys love him at LU though.

Reactions: wikki
Seriously, you would not be intrigued by playing Freshman teams for other private colleges in the state? It would give your kids a chance to meet the staffs and players of these schools and might even help them to decide to go there. Schools like Richmond, Ferrum, and even Liberty could do this..heck, a game between LCA and the LU Freshman sounds intriguing!

But noooo, you have everything and you want more. And so you sue the VHSL...once again, I question, how Christian-like is that?

So, should private colleges not play state universities? Also, I have heard of public schools recruiting players. Sure, they don't offer tuition, but there are other ways the public schools entice players to move into their district. Simply having a great program can influence awesome players to move into schools' attendance zones.

I hope LCA makes it as long as they don't knock out Amherst to get there. LCA will have to knock off Benedictine to make it in, which will be no easy task, but hope they make it. The playoffs will be even more interesting with them in. Just my opinion, whatcha think Amherst #1?
I've never been overly impressed with LCA. The years they played amherst they didn't win by huge margins. An the amherst teams they played where not that good. I really don't see them as a threat for the top teams in the state. But the anger towards them from the take our city back ppl isn't surpriseing

If they make it. I hope they play Salem and I hope Salem would not hold back. I would travel to that game. I know several families that go to LCA and they have mixed feelings as well especially when they found out about the scholarships

Last edited:
I've never been overly impressed with LCA. The years they played amherst they didn't win by huge margins. An the amherst teams they played where not that good. I really don't see them as a threat for the top teams in the state. But the anger towards them from the take our city back ppl isn't surpriseing

Let me guess, you think I'm a liberal dont you? Well you could not be more wrong.

I despise LU and LCA because they're a bunch of frauds. They dont worship God, they worship money. Period. All one needs to do is drive around the campus, talk to some of the kids that go there to see what I mean. I made the mistake of going to church there once and all Falwell did was talk giving MORE MORE MORE money. They did not get a penny from me that day.

In the grand scheme of things at that place, if you have money and are willing to dump it into their coffers they could not care less what type of life you lead. I mean, didnt Bernie speak there recently?

Thats the issue I have with that place.

If they make it. I hope they play Salem and I hope Salem would not hold back. I would travel to that game. I know several families that go to LCA and they have mixed feelings as well especially when they found out about the scholarships

What's the story on scholarships?

I'd hate to see some of you if this was North Carolina. LCA? Let's try Charlotte Catholic (powerhouse in football), Winston Salem Prep, and the whole county of Forsyth where students can choose between 10+ high schools and I'm sure there's others. Definitely not the end of the world if LCA gets in.

I'd hate to see some of you if this was North Carolina. LCA? Let's try Charlotte Catholic (powerhouse in football), Winston Salem Prep, and the whole county of Forsyth where students can choose between 10+ high schools and I'm sure there's others. Definitely not the end of the world if LCA gets in.
It is very amusing the fit people are throwing. Personally I think there best chance of getting in the playoffs are the next 2 years before they pick up the Seminole district schedule. Trust me with the amount of people in the city of Lynchburg that despises LU an LCA they let you know if rules are being broken.

Let me guess, you think I'm a liberal dont you? Well you could not be more wrong.

I despise LU and LCA because they're a bunch of frauds. They dont worship God, they worship money. Period. All one needs to do is drive around the campus, talk to some of the kids that go there to see what I mean. I made the mistake of going to church there once and all Falwell did was talk giving MORE MORE MORE money. They did not get a penny from me that day.

In the grand scheme of things at that place, if you have money and are willing to dump it into their coffers they could not care less what type of life you lead. I mean, didnt Bernie speak there recently?

Thats the issue I have with that place.
Nope didn't say that one thing I stay away from is talking politics. Just living an working in Lynchburg I know there's a lot of dislike toward LU an what they do on there private property. Lynchburg would be a hole in the wall without LU.

It use to be if you went 9th-12th you got free 4 yr tuition at lu. Then a few years ago they changed it to 3rd-12th so basically 10% tuition for each year you attended. Now they have done away with it. And I don't think it had anything to do with vhsl or athletics. Ever since dr. Falwell passed, Lu and Thomas road/lca have been pulling away from each other. And lu is trying to establish itself and get out of the trbc shadow

It use to be if you went 9th-12th you got free 4 yr tuition at lu. Then a few years ago they changed it to 3rd-12th so basically 10% tuition for each year you attended. Now they have done away with it. And I don't think it had anything to do with vhsl or athletics. Ever since dr. Falwell passed, Lu and Thomas road/lca have been pulling away from each other. And lu is trying to establish itself and get out of the trbc shadow
From the article the reason they originally started it was they had lot of empty seats in LU classrooms. Which isn't a issue anymore there adding over 1000 a year think there up round 12or 1300 now.

Yes I heard they were doing away with the scholarships for LCA attendees. When does that take affect?

From the article the reason they originally started it was they had lot of empty seats in LU classrooms. Which isn't a issue anymore there adding over 1000 a year think there up round 12or 1300 now.
Yeah I think it's over 13,000 with over 100,000 doing distance learning.

Because you're a private school wanting to play in a public school league?? Because we all know LCA will break the rules left and right with no repurcussions (much like private schools in the other 48 states do).

But tell me, how is filing a lawsuit and wasting money on it a "Christian" thing to do?? Lynchburg Crooks Academy is a more apt name but you lose that tax exempt status then.
My daughter
And again I ask what kids have lca ever recruited? If you watched them this year you would know no freak superstars there. I would like to know what players you think got recruited?
I know of 3 right now that work for me,1 is from Rustburg and the other 2 is from Heritage...This was about 7 years ago and someone promised them a better oppurtunity than they already had according to them...I have roughly 30 kids that work for me that is going to Liberty right now and I can tell you L.C.A recruits...My daughter last year was training at a indoor facility in lynchburg with some Brookville baseball players and all their Travel Coach told me personally thatevery kid he come across will go to LCA cause of their Facility and his distaste for public schools..If you don't think Brookville,Heritage and Glass won't suffer from this you watch...

But we're those 3 guys offered scholarships or did someone pay for their schooling? Just saying you will have a better opportunity is just stating a fact. What opportunity were they talking about? Opportunity to play better competition? Probably true, opportunity to win? That's true, rustburg nor heritage were winning that many games then and lca was putting up a 34 game win streak at the time. Win championships? Fact. Opportunity to ply at the next level? Fact. Just look at how many kids lca has put in the college ranks compared to other area schools.
Recruiting to me is when someone offers to pay for your schooling not saying to a kid hey if you play here you probably have better opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT