ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial 4a West leaders

My daughter

I know of 3 right now that work for me,1 is from Rustburg and the other 2 is from Heritage...This was about 7 years ago and someone promised them a better oppurtunity than they already had according to them...I have roughly 30 kids that work for me that is going to Liberty right now and I can tell you L.C.A recruits...My daughter last year was training at a indoor facility in lynchburg with some Brookville baseball players and all their Travel Coach told me personally thatevery kid he come across will go to LCA cause of their Facility and his distaste for public schools..If you don't think Brookville,Heritage and Glass won't suffer from this you watch...
That's a no brainier, Private schools across the country usually have better facilities than the area public schools bc it's private funding while public schools have to wait on government money

But we're those 3 guys offered scholarships or did someone pay for their schooling? Just saying you will have a better opportunity is just stating a fact. What opportunity were they talking about? Opportunity to play better competition? Probably true, opportunity to win? That's true, rustburg nor heritage were winning that many games then and lca was putting up a 34 game win streak at the time. Win championships? Fact. Opportunity to ply at the next level? Fact. Just look at how many kids lca has put in the college ranks compared to other area schools.
Recruiting to me is when someone offers to pay for your schooling not saying to a kid hey if you play here you probably have better opportunities.
And not saying we will help you with some financial aid bc athletes and book warms alike can get that at lca if the parents are unable to pay the full amount

That's a no brainier, Private schools across the country usually have better facilities than the area public schools bc it's private funding while public schools have to wait on government money
That is why they should stay private

Or work your booster club a little harder. JF and Amherst had to pay for that field turf some how
Big difference than LCA who gets money handed to them all the time. Before you say anything about Amherst going to Florida, each player raised their own money and worked hard for it for a year. Yes the Boosters work very hard and raise money for all the athletic programs

Bulldogs to Flames, recruiting does not mean giving money. It is against VHSL rules for me as a coach to tell an athlete currently with another public school that things will be better for her at my school. I can't do anything at all. I can't "state facts" as you claim. It is tampering. This is what they are talking about when they refer to the L.C.A. double-standard.

Now, I have heard personal stories of people trying to steal my and other athletes, and we are talking about GIRLS TENNIS!!!!! I imagine it gets a little more cut-throat when it comes to football.

But we're those 3 guys offered scholarships or did someone pay for their schooling? Just saying you will have a better opportunity is just stating a fact.

And a VHSL violation

What opportunity were they talking about? Opportunity to play better competition? Probably true, opportunity to win? That's true

Both VHSL violations.

Win championships? Fact.

Violation

Opportunity to ply at the next level? Fact. Just look at how many kids lca has put in the college ranks compared to other area schools.

Violation.

Be prepared

Bulldogs to Flames, recruiting does not mean giving money. It is against VHSL rules for me as a coach to tell an athlete currently with another public school that things will be better for her at my school. I can't do anything at all. I can't "state facts" as you claim. It is tampering. This is what they are talking about when they refer to the L.C.A. double-standard.

Now, I have heard personal stories of people trying to steal my and other athletes, and we are talking about GIRLS TENNIS!!!!! I imagine it gets a little more cut-throat when it comes to football.
Girls Tennis!I was talking about a few of Brookville baseball players..If you think it won't trickle down to the football program I disagree with you..

I know it's illegal for a coach to do that but he never said it was a coach and if it was I'd like to know what coach and if he is even still with lca.
I'd be interested to know the back stories to other athletes that have transferred to other schools in sure it's just not lca trying to pull kids in.
All I'm saying is since lca has finally got into the vhsl, I'm sure they will do everything by the book.

I know it's illegal for a coach to do that but he never said it was a coach and if it was I'd like to know what coach and if he is even still with lca.
I'd be interested to know the back stories to other athletes that have transferred to other schools in sure it's just not lca trying to pull kids in.
All I'm saying is since lca has finally got into the vhsl, I'm sure they will do everything by the book.

Not just illegal for a coach.

Also illegal for anyone who can be traced back to the coach.

So, should private colleges not play state universities? Also, I have heard of public schools recruiting players. Sure, they don't offer tuition, but there are other ways the public schools entice players to move into their district. Simply having a great program can influence awesome players to move into schools' attendance zones.
A lot of Fleming players have ended up at Northside the last few years. Fleming hasn't been good the last several years except last year, Northside has won 2 titles in the last 6 years. I'm not saying anything inappropriate is going on, but it shows how success on the field could entice a kid to want to move schools.

What does Bernie Sanders speaking there have to do with anything? They have been criticized for only having conservative Republicans speak there, so they invited him to speak to get a different viewpoint. This had nothing to do with money.

Last edited:
I say if kids want to go to LCA let them. What coach wants a player on their team if the player really doesn't want to be there. I say good riddance and bring it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT