ADVERTISEMENT

Valley District(Girls)

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
There are some very good teams in the Valley this season...here's how it looks early.

Spotswood is 6-1 and looking like they will contend in 3A

Broadway is 4-2 And looks good. Only losses to Miller School and Spotswood.

Can anyone update on the rest of the district?

in 2A: R.E.Lee is 3-1.

There are some very good teams in the Valley this season...here's how it looks early.

Spotswood is 6-1 and looking like they will contend in 3A

Broadway is 4-2 And looks good. Only losses to Miller School and Spotswood.

Can anyone update on the rest of the district?

in 2A: R.E.Lee is 3-1.
Didn't Millbrook beat Spotswood? And Broadway I think beat Millbrook? And Spotswood and Broadway have already played? I didn't know that! Early for a big game like that to be played! The Valley District is going to be really good with TA, Broadway, and Spotswood- probably three of the five best teams in the state in 3A in the same district! Leemen, I think its hard to gauge the Lee Ladies because they are a 2A playing 3A's, but I would think come Conference tourney time, they would certainly be battle-tested don't you think?

Didn't Millbrook beat Spotswood? And Broadway I think beat Millbrook? And Spotswood and Broadway have already played? I didn't know that! Early for a big game like that to be played! The Valley District is going to be really good with TA, Broadway, and Spotswood- probably three of the five best teams in the state in 3A in the same district! Leemen, I think its hard to gauge the Lee Ladies because they are a 2A playing 3A's, but I would think come Conference tourney time, they would certainly be battle-tested don't you think?
It's hard to tell with the Lee Ladies at this point as they have played 1 really good team (Wilson) and a couple teams that are in rebuilding mode (Nelson and Bath). I've only seen them twice, but they were competitive with Wilson for a quarter and a half, before the hornets took the game over. Wilson has so much depth and can pretty much play any style of ball, and I think every girl on the team can score from anywhere on the court. They look to be in mid-season form already. I really would like to see Wilson play the Valley district schedule this year to see how they matchup against recent powers like spotswood, broadway, and ta.

Spotswood rallied and won a nail biter over Broadway last night. T.A., Spotswood, and Broadway are all three going to contend for the final four and a state title. I really like the way Spotswood is looking. This may be one of their best defensive teams. They are only going to get better as we get deeper in the season.

Lee will be tough come conference time. I agree with Keith on not knowing where they really stand right now. As far as Wilson Memorial...they have already beaten Loudoun County...that's impressive by itself. I think the Hornets are going to be a final four team. Their depth and experience is huge for them. I think East Rockingham will make noise as usual on the 2A level. Lee has a chance but...it will depend on how they develop over the season.

Pawfan you are right on the results...they are all playing tough schedules and those 4 teams...Spotswood, T.A., Broadway, and Millbrook will be final four contenders. I think the state champ in 3A comes out of that group of teams. Broadway had Spotswood down that entire game pretty much last night. Spotswood got them in the 4th. Very evenly matched teams.

Lee plays Spotswood on Friday...could be a good gauge as the where Lee is right now.

Lee/Spotswood should be a good one. I don't think this is no where near SHS best defensive teams. I like my Blazers but I don't see a final four team in them thus far. I would have to say Norcom will probably win it all. Then there is Hopewell, GW, and Northside which is going to be tough for SHS to get past. Millbrook beat Broadway also. I just don't see TA or Broadway in the state tourney this year. When Colby comes back and Malik is at 100% they may be able to make it past Northside this year.

Thanks for the report Teamva. I was going by Spotswood's defense against East Rockingham and Broadway. How good do you think the Blazers can be as we get to late January-February? I know Dodson is a heck of a coach and...they seem talented enough to win it all. What are their strengths and weaknesses?

Teamva: I think you were talking boys as Millbrook did not beat Broadway. I think SHS, Broadway, and TA all have a shot. Spotswood beat Lee 61-40 tonight and looked pretty smooth doing it. When Delucas and Brooks are hitting, they are tough to beat. Now, they just need to get Irvine going on the inside.

Millbrook is tough. If the shooters are hot, look out.
Millbrook beat Spotswood at Spotswood I believe? And if Chris is healthy down the stretch then the 'Wood is going to be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs!

What happened to Green for Millbrook? Noticed she wasn't in the boxscore of last night's 20 point loss to Spotswood

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT