ADVERTISEMENT

W&L 28 West Point 0 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have debated for a long time about posting and didn't want to because I didn't want to get involved in the negativity. I'm just hoping it ends soon and I'm sure my post will only serve to fan the flames but it isn't my intention.

Let me preface what I am about to say with some genuine positivity. The Kirklands and Porters have amazing kids so they must have done something right. They love their kids dearly.

IMO that is where the issue may be. Everyone knows a parent or two who is so involved in their own children that their perspective is skewed on the world around them and they will never understand their own negativity and its impact. My dad was one and I could do no wrong athletically when I was growing up. If I was cut or didn't get the playing time he thought I deserved, then it was a coach carrying a grudge, a clique, politics, people with money etc. (It wasn't, sometimes I just wasn't good enough.) He wrote letters, attended meetings, screamed from the stands etc.

Everyone knows that WP has played a relatively weak schedule for the past few years and it has never been an issue and MGF never made a negative comment about it or their opponents while his son was dominating the field. Now he makes a positive comment about the Bruton game to slip in some negativity about low hanging fruit. I guess there is 0 low hanging fruit in the league that Christchurch plays in either.

Another example of a disengious but truthful comment. Another poster made a statement about MGF making a comment during the JV game the other night. Reeces dad comes to the rescue to defend him and says that's false it wasn't him it was another parent but what he won't tell you but could have was that he was the other parent.
I wonder if they are aware, they honestly may not be, how many negative comments were made by those 2 after almost every play of the JV game.

Freedom of speech sure. I dont care what you yell about from the stands, say what you want as long as you aren't cussing or threatening but you definitely shouldn't be doing it as the president of the booster club (which he does work his tail off), it just sends the wrong message.

For those of you that aren't aware of their negativity becuz you're not familiar with WP, they complain about virtually everything. Here is a short list: music at games, English class, the AD having a fundraiser, almost every coach from basketball, volleyball, track, football, weight room, gym use, paintings on the wall, uniforms. That's not even close to them all and that's all this year. Trust me when I tell you, it never ends and I truly believe they can't help it.

They slide in one fact to get people to believe the whole statement. The only facts that MGF knows are stats, everything else is what he "heard " from someone else.

I probably got too negative at the end but they remind me so much of my own father becuz he did everything these 2 are doing. I love my dad, I understood him but he spent so much of my childhood angry that he missed out on so much more. He actually told me while in the last year of his life, "dont be like me, all this hate never got me anywhere."

I have debated for a long time about posting and didn't want to because I didn't want to get involved in the negativity. I'm just hoping it ends soon and I'm sure my post will only serve to fan the flames but it isn't my intention.

Let me preface what I am about to say with some genuine positivity. The Kirklands and Porters have amazing kids so they must have done something right. They love their kids dearly.

IMO that is where the issue may be. Everyone knows a parent or two who is so involved in their own children that their perspective is skewed on the world around them and they will never understand their own negativity and its impact. My dad was one and I could do no wrong athletically when I was growing up. If I was cut or didn't get the playing time he thought I deserved, then it was a coach carrying a grudge, a clique, politics, people with money etc. (It wasn't, sometimes I just wasn't good enough.) He wrote letters, attended meetings, screamed from the stands etc.

Everyone knows that WP has played a relatively weak schedule for the past few years and it has never been an issue and MGF never made a negative comment about it or their opponents while his son was dominating the field. Now he makes a positive comment about the Bruton game to slip in some negativity about low hanging fruit. I guess there is 0 low hanging fruit in the league that Christchurch plays in either.

Another example of a disengious but truthful comment. Another poster made a statement about MGF making a comment during the JV game the other night. Reeces dad comes to the rescue to defend him and says that's false it wasn't him it was another parent but what he won't tell you but could have was that he was the other parent.
I wonder if they are aware, they honestly may not be, how many negative comments were made by those 2 after almost every play of the JV game.

Freedom of speech sure. I dont care what you yell about from the stands, say what you want as long as you aren't cussing or threatening but you definitely shouldn't be doing it as the president of the booster club (which he does work his tail off), it just sends the wrong message.

For those of you that aren't aware of their negativity becuz you're not familiar with WP, they complain about virtually everything. Here is a short list: music at games, English class, the AD having a fundraiser, almost every coach from basketball, volleyball, track, football, weight room, gym use, paintings on the wall, uniforms. That's not even close to them all and that's all this year. Trust me when I tell you, it never ends and I truly believe they can't help it.

They slide in one fact to get people to believe the whole statement. The only facts that MGF knows are stats, everything else is what he "heard " from someone else.

I probably got too negative at the end but they remind me so much of my own father becuz he did everything these 2 are doing. I love my dad, I understood him but he spent so much of my childhood angry that he missed out on so much more. He actually told me while in the last year of his life, "dont be like me, all this hate never got me anywhere."
Well said.

Question for fgmtifolluf...and not at all calling you out. Why when I look at your screen name in the mirror does it spell fullofitmgf? Took me a couple of post to notice it. I actually think it’s funny in a way.

I have no care as to how you all are related or why the love/hate relationship that revolves around the WP program keeps these board hot.

I’m from southwest Virginia. Wythe county to be exact. I grew up playing sports in wytheville, graduated from fort Chiswell and raise a child in the Rural retreat community. I love sports. There’s always games to see around this area which is nice but I have to admit something. I got on this sight a couple of years ago as a joke/troll situation. Looking back what a damn fool I was with some of my early posts. I had no clue...I would let myself get frustrated with the way some post on here and say some crazy stuff myself. Over the last couple of years I’ve learned how to try and understand these guys. They all love their team the best way they know how. Some of us fuss about the coach, some fuss about the refs some fuss about truetiger. Lol had to do that! But deep down we’re all fans!

I really appreciate you sharing your story about your dad and it made me understand your posts a little better. Thanks. Hope you enjoy this forum and when something is weighing on you man you don’t have to ponder it for days just come out and say what you think. That’s what makes this sight cool. Everyone here keeps everyone else grounded and your gonna learn about teams from all over this state along the way

It's a not so subtle jab of course. It's my way of being disingenuous - one my many faults. Wish I knew how to change it - takes away from the point I was making....

Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
Well I figured it was but I wasn’t trying to call you out on it. You seem like a stand up guy. Hope you hang around and don’t just drop in a few posts and bounce out. You can always Change the screen name if you like but you don’t have to. It just doesn’t necessarily fit. You seem a little better than that.

Reactions: WP02alum
Not sure brother. I’m sure one of these gentlemen on this site will be glad to help you with that. You got to know I’m not real computer savy. I’m old school and like I said earlier I graduated from wythe co. Lol. I get a free pass for being behind on the times...

Reactions: NKU Quiet one
How do you change it
So really if you want to be a stand up guy/gal. Why don't you reveal yourself. My username certainly spells out who I am. Better yet, you could have talked with me directly, had a cup of coffee and went right down the list that you have and we could have had a reasonable conversation. Some of the things you have described are issues that my wife and I have a concern or problem with. Thats our deal. We handle it the way we handle it. The vast majority of the time the root of the problem comes down to athletes/coaches/admins/parents skirting the policies,procedures,rules & regulations......Some things you have raised are just 100% wrong. For instance I yelled out loud twice during the game. Once to my son telling him to block his man to the whistle and to the parking lot. The other time in response to a HORRIBLE reversal of a pass interference call. The only comments that could have been thought to be negative were that our running backs run east and west too much and outrun their lead blockers, and that my wife didn't order enough hot dog buns.

Now on who yelled out about the spread. I told mgf when that happened he would be blamed for it, and you folks didn't let down.If you really know as much as you think you do. You would know which parent did, and I'm not throwing that person under the bus. 1. Because that's a shitty thing to do. 2. It really doesn't matter, it's such a ridiculous thing for people to get ticked off about. You even alluded to that in your comment.

So I find it pretty disingenuous for you to take the position of not being negative and fanning the flame. When you go negative and pour fuel on the fire.

If I'm wrong prove me wrong. Let's have a sit down. Let's talk. Hash it all out. I might surprise you. Obviously you know who I am. Reach out.

Reactions: MGF
Who blocked for this kid? Aren't there 10 other guys on the field?
Yep. And nobody here never said he didn’t have great blocking. But the post was about the number of carries #44 had against NHS. Please stay on topic.

Can you please explain this low hanging fruit statement MGF. Is this a shot at the Bruton program and
It’s pretty self explanatory. If you want to label a fact as a “shot at a program”, you have that right. I think the 39-0 score supports my statement.

Well said.
Except none of it is true.
It's a not so subtle jab of course. It's my way of being disingenuous - one my many faults. Wish I knew how to change it - takes away from the point I was making....
The only thing you’ve posted that is fact is that you’re disingenuous. You lose all credibility with your screen name choice coupled with doubling down on falsely accusing yet a second person who yelled “run the spread”. Anything else you and your other WP cronies say from this point cannot be believed because you’ve already been called out for several false statements. You are literally the Boy Who Cried Wolf. All of your false accusations have already been debunked in previous posts going back to preseason. But I do appreciate your story about your dad. But someone has already commented about correlation. Correlation does not equal causation. I.e., whatever similarities you perceive from your relationship with your dad does not mean it’s the same with me and my son. I never had to be a daddy coach for my son because his achievements stood on their own merits. In contrast, a daddy coach uses their position as a coach to get their child what they haven’t earned (position, playing time, District awards, etc. Where you get me involved is when a daddy coach uses his position as a coach to influence the playing time of a better player so his son can pad his stats (and in doing so the team loses games). Or when the daddy coach convinced the HC that his son deserves All District LB when he is 4th in tackles and has 26 less tackles than the best LB. so if this is what you defend, then that’s your right. Just make sure you state all of the facts.

There, there we go. Someone has finally poked you enough that you admitted it. You're a crybaby sports dad....my child didn't play enough, my child should have gotten the award. It's ok, we have all had that moment. Usually a player that is the senior compared to the sophomore gets the higher accolades, especially when they are almost equally rivaled in speed and talent. I'm sure you will try and debunk this comment with stats, which is fine because your son is a phenomenal athlete. You could have saved yourself from the many other negative comments had you just said that " it's not fair, his son played more".

MGF, Kirkland, and both their wives were the only group sitting where the yell of "run the spread offense" came from. I just ask that you two own it and stop lying. Doesn't seem very Christian-like to keep lying about something, right tracy?

Reactions: PGAhopes
I dont think I ever compared my relationship with my dad with yours. My dad and I had a great relationship, he just had some disillusion when it came to his kids that clouded his judgement and his reactions to perceived transgressions against his kids that were mostly made up on his own head.

Not going to get into a back and forth over this and after your response it's obvious you can't get over some things.

Good luck the rest of the year. I hope your son gets healthy soon, he's a tremendous player and person.

Reactions: NKU Quiet one
MGF, Kirkland, and both their wives were the only group sitting where the yell of "run the spread offense" came from. I just ask that you two own it and stop lying. Doesn't seem very Christian-like to keep lying about something, right tracy?
This is real simple. I will introduce you to the person that yelled out and you can ask them yourself. This will require you introducing yourself to me. I'm not even mad about it. But whatever someone told you or what you thought you heard is incorrect, and seriously if you know me at all. You know that if I say something, right or wrong, I will own it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MGF
But.. I guess I was really trying to be a mediator. But.. Whatever. Lol. I agree with nndman. Looking forward to week 5. Love high school football!!

I'll see you at the next JV game and the two of us will go ask the parent who yelled it. Once that is done, I expect you to come onto this board and apologize for falsely accusing me. And if you don't, then I guess everyone will know what kind of person you really are. See you at the next JV game.

Reactions: Reecesdad
Hey Guys, how about let's ending this right now? You all have a right to your opinions but there comes a time when enough is enough on all sides.
I think they made it clear that it will not end until they get to ask the parent who actually yelled "run the spread". Then they will post an apology here for their false accusations, because I am sure they are honorable men of character. Then let's hope they move on and enjoy whatever the rest of the season brings.

Reactions: Reecesdad
I dont think I ever compared my relationship with my dad with yours. My dad and I had a great relationship, he just had some disillusion when it came to his kids that clouded his judgement and his reactions to perceived transgressions against his kids that were mostly made up on his own head.

Not going to get into a back and forth over this and after your response it's obvious you can't get over some things.

Good luck the rest of the year. I hope your son gets healthy soon, he's a tremendous player and person.
Although your story was very moving, it has zero relevance to me and my son's situation with WP. My kid started on both sides of the ball since he was 7 and I was never his HC. And that is with 3 sports. He was never cut from a team and he was never not good enough to play, as was your case. He left WP because WP coaches mistreated him year after year while giving preferential treatment and awards to an upperclassman for awards that my son earned. The irony is that there was not a single WP fan in the stands for the 2016-2017 seasons that did not see this preferential treatment and did not complain about it in the stands. It was clear to anyone in the stands who the better athlete was and people yelled a lot worse than you accused me of yelling. Everyone supported us then, but now everyone seems to have made a 180 against us now that my son transferred. Stats for those seasons are public record; if you don't know how to find the stats or how to interpret the stats, then seek me out at the next game and I will show you. Then maybe you would empathize with me instead of coming on here and making false accusations. So when you say parents complain about everything, then maybe you should ask the parents why they are complaining before presuming they are just complaining to be complaining. Thank you for your comments on my son's recovery.

I'm sorry... I apologize... Can we move on, please?
Thank you, I really appreciate your effort. But, you're not the one who owes the apology. Everyone will know soon enough who has honor and integrity and who does not.

Although your story was very moving, it has zero relevance to me and my son's situation with WP. My kid started on both sides of the ball since he was 7 and I was never his HC. And that is with 3 sports. He was never cut from a team and he was never not good enough to play, as was your case. He left WP because WP coaches mistreated him year after year while giving preferential treatment and awards to an upperclassman for awards that my son earned. The irony is that there was not a single WP fan in the stands for the 2016-2017 seasons that did not see this preferential treatment and did not complain about it in the stands. It was clear to anyone in the stands who the better athlete was and people yelled a lot worse than you accused me of yelling. Everyone supported us then, but now everyone seems to have made a 180 against us now that my son transferred. Stats for those seasons are public record; if you don't know how to find the stats or how to interpret the stats, then seek me out at the next game and I will show you. Then maybe you would empathize with me instead of coming on here and making false accusations. So when you say parents complain about everything, then maybe you should ask the parents why they are complaining before presuming they are just complaining to be complaining. Thank you for your comments on my son's recovery.

I don't know the situation, so I can't comment right or wrong, but I will say you have presented what would seem to be facts. Again, don't know whether they are or not.

What matters is your son is happy.

But your choice of words at the end doesn't look right, at least to me who has no dog in the fight. You saying "then maybe you would empathize with me." For someone who is against you for whatever reason can certainly read that as it being about you, and I don't think that was your intention

Only a matter of time MGF is complaining about Christchurch. I mean losing 42-0 has to be the coaches fault, always is.

HONOR and INTEGRITY...??? Are you friggin serious? Let me start by saying that I'm throwing all honor out of the window here, but you think you host honor and integrity??? Dude, you must have multiple personalities. We can backtrack many of your comments on here that show where you have tried calling out a guy on trying rig his employment, asking for help to win a game, favoring a kid over another, avoiding to scout a game because you might be there, etc.... your list has gone on and on. Its ridiculous. Throw out all of the facts that you want to, but the bottom line is that honor and integrity go as well with your name as manure does with the bottom of one's shoe.... it just smears...

I am outta this one only to get my popcorn and watch. You fellas have some deep seated dislike going on and no amount of talking on here is gonna squash that. Well wishes to all involved and I have no side to be on but sounds like the only way to settle this one is to square off or something, dang. Imma bounce......

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT