ADVERTISEMENT

Weather Sounds Rough for First Round of Playoffs

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
After ending the regular season Friday with terrific weather, at least here in the Valley, it sounds as if this coming Friday will not be as cooperative for the first round of playoffs. Our local station says we will have a soaking all day rain of maybe an inch or more and I assume that to mean that the entire state will get at least some rain.

It sounds like it will be just the one day so with that in mind, I wonder if any of the schools involved will consider moving their games ahead to Thursday night or delay them until Saturday. As important as playoff games are to these schools, they should be played under the best possible weather conditions, and with this much advance notice, it would seem to me that they could be moved to a better night.

I see that another poster has mentioned the same thing in the Class 3 forum. it will be interesting to see what happens and if any scheduling changes take place. Wonder if it will be up to the schools to make their own decisions or if VHSL will make a blanket decision for all games?

I am fairly certain the VHSL only requires the games in each of the first three rounds to be played by a certain date. When the schools play is up to the teams involved to decide.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Looks like you are right. Up in the 3-A posts, one game has already been advanced to Thursday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT