ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the De'Angelo Ramsey show

1MoreHokie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2005
Unfortunately, TB Luke Owens was injured tonight against Cave Spring. They wrapped his knee and put him on crutches and after halftime the wrap looked like it had doubled although he was able to walk off the field with help (which doesn't mean something isn't torn it's not just being carted off because you can't walk period). I make no diagnosis or prognosis but I would wager that a best case is probably a sprain and a few weeks off and worst case would, sadly, be the end of his career at Salem. I'm guessing we'll find out Monday but as the title states, the keys to the car are now firmly in Ramsey's hands.

I loved the change of pace Luke brought to the offense but will miss him more on D personally. That said, I've always said I wanted to see what it'd look like if you let Ramsey try and carry the whole show on his shoulders. Likely won't need him against HV (7 carries for 149 and 4 TDs tonight) but Pulaski and the POs might warrant a much higher number of carries.

I think he's up for it and if he can secure the ball he's a nightmare to deal with. I hope Luke's injury is minor but if it isn't it'll be interesting to see what happens if Mags truly lets the kid loose.

Glad to see him on def. He is a beast. Luke's granddadcharlie said he was fine. No pain just precautionary with ice and crutches. Rest him next week and ready for playoffs

Glad to see him on def. He is a beast. Luke's granddadcharlie said he was fine. No pain just precautionary with ice and crutches. Rest him next week and ready for playoffs
Ramsey's soph. Year he shut down Jeff. Forest speedy navy Jones. Ramsey is back and the coaches have made several def. Front changes. Salem looked like Salem of o!d tonite. Don't bet against this bunch. Starters only played two qtrs. Against cave. Score could have been 70-0. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D;)

That's great to hear. Didn't look awful but he was in some pretty obvious pain. I'd prefer he takes off Pulaski as well if we can afford it (and I think we can).

e: and yes, best team effort of the year. Have to nitpick to find something wrong. D swarmed, tackled well and they finally got some QB pressure. CS' schedule is absurd and Salem laid the biggest beat down on them. Won't make much of this game either way because CS is not a great team but what I will say is how this team handled CS is no different in any way than how the last 4 years of Salem teams would have handled them.

Reactions: mbonape1
Ramsey's soph. Year he shut down Jeff. Forest speedy navy Jones. Ramsey is back and the coaches have made several def. Front changes. Salem looked like Salem of o!d tonite. Don't bet against this bunch. Starters only played two qtrs. Against cave. Score could have been 70-0. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D;)
Ramsey didn't shut down JF, the Salem linebackers did that night. Linebacker play is key to any defense. Don't get me wrong, Ramsey is a great player. He's very good at going after the QB.

When navy went down like a sack of hammers u know who stood over him....Alex and dlow.....are you one of those Ramsey haters?????? Ramsey's the real deal... New MLB kirtner is the shit..... Glad mags is making changes..... The def.front five is honed in......

When navy went down like a sack of hammers u know who stood over him....Alex and dlow.....are you one of those Ramsey haters?????? Ramsey's the real deal... New MLB kirtner is the shit..... Glad mags is making changes..... The def.front five is honed in......
3putt, getting a little out of line with the comment.

They have improved some but they still have issues that can be exploited. DL way too slow reacting to the ball and poor first steps across the board have them getting reached way too easily. The last few teams couldn't exploit this but future opponents can. They have tried a few different combinations at LB at while it was improved last week, I still think big-time speed will be a very difficult matchup.

Ummm, no! Love all the players. I was at that game. I know the stats. As I recall, he even blocked a punt, but he wasn't the sole reason Salem stopped Navy. Oh sure, he helped, but it was a team effort. I like seeing him on defense. I like it when any kid does well. He's a talented young man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT