ADVERTISEMENT

Well they thought they found a way!!

The coach needed to be fired for a lot of reasons, but one solid reason is those lame excuses.
I wonder how he explained the sudden disappearance of his spectacular new freshman?

My first thought was that firing the entire staff was a bit of over reaction. But, after reading the details, I have a hard time believing that ANYONE could not possibly seen through the thinly veiled ruse.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
The game in question was in the Chicago area so they must have figured no one up there would recognize the kid and no one back in STL would find out. If it didn't get uncovered until now I guess they almost got away with it.

Being that it was out of state a much better excuse would have been that he thought the player needed to serve an in-state suspension. Giving him a different name and number just screams, "I know I'm doing something wrong!"

I wonder what the plan was for "Marvin Burks" after that game. Was he going to rush for over 100 yards as a freshman in a big game week 1 and then just disappear? Maybe they were going to say he was hurt and not play the rest of the year. Then the next year they could maybe have said he wasn't with the team anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT