ADVERTISEMENT

What's Gonna Happen?

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
I know it's only Week 6, but I'm curious to see how you guys think this regular season is going to play out, and how the playoffs go. Here's mine:

Region A:
Lake Taylor finds itself and finishes 8-2, losing to Phoebus but pulling it out against Norcom. Lafayette also proves itself and finishes 9-1, earning the 1 seed. Deep Creek struggles in the second half of the season, going 6-4 and getting the 4 seed behind 8-2 King's Fork. Deep Creek gives Lafayette a battle but Laf pulls it out but ultimately losses to the winner of KF/LT, who I think will end up being the Bulldogs. King's Fork comes out of Region A, you heard it here first folks!

Region B:
Dinwiddie, Eastern View, Louisa all go undefeated, Monacan goes 9-1 (loss to Bird) and gets the 3/4 seed. In the playoffs, Dinwiddie scratches by Monacan at home and Louisa and Eastern View have an epic showdown in which Louisa (barring any injuries) comes out on top and goes to Dinwiddie for the Regional Championship, where Dinwiddie pulls out the dub over one of the best Louisa teams ever (and that's saying a lot).

Region C:
Millbrook finishes 8-2 with losses to Sherando and Liberty, while Liberty goes 10-0, earning the 1 seed. Sherando doesn't lose again, getting the 2 seed at 9-1. Woodgrove will also finish in the top 4, Kettle Run goes 7-3, getting the 5. This is the region where there might be some more major upsets, but I end up seeing a Millbrook-Sherando rematch in which Sherando wins and ultimately plays Woodgrove for the championship after the Wolverines beat Liberty. Sherando wins Region C.

Region D:
EC Glass goes 9-1 (losses to Amherst) and gets the 1. Blacksburg the 2 and 9-1, then GW at 9-1, Salem and Charlottesville at 8-2, Amherst at 7-3, JF goes 5-5 I think. So, unfortunately for my Knights, I see a Salem-Cville matchup in the first round, where CHS puts up a great fight but losses (we'll see about that). That sets up a Salem-EC Glass bash and Amherst and GW also get a rematch. GW is good indeed, but the weak district schedule won't prepare them for Amherst again. So that sets up Blacksburg-Amherst, where Blacksburg wins. So I see a Salem-Blacksburg Region D champ, where I honestly don't know who would pull it out, history shows Salem, but that ugly loss last week...I just don't know. Blacksburg wins Region D.

Dinwiddie beats King's Fork in the first state semifinal in a real close game, and then Blacksburg pulls it out over Sherando.

Dinwiddie vs Blacksburg state championship folks. Dinwiddie wins.

Reactions: OCBoy
I know it's only Week 6, but I'm curious to see how you guys think this regular season is going to play out, and how the playoffs go. Here's mine:

Region A:
Lake Taylor finds itself and finishes 8-2, losing to Phoebus but pulling it out against Norcom. Lafayette also proves itself and finishes 9-1, earning the 1 seed. Deep Creek struggles in the second half of the season, going 6-4 and getting the 4 seed behind 8-2 King's Fork. Deep Creek gives Lafayette a battle but Laf pulls it out but ultimately losses to the winner of KF/LT, who I think will end up being the Bulldogs. King's Fork comes out of Region A, you heard it here first folks!

Region B:
Dinwiddie, Eastern View, Louisa all go undefeated, Monacan goes 9-1 (loss to Bird) and gets the 3/4 seed. In the playoffs, Dinwiddie scratches by Monacan at home and Louisa and Eastern View have an epic showdown in which Louisa (barring any injuries) comes out on top and goes to Dinwiddie for the Regional Championship, where Dinwiddie pulls out the dub over one of the best Louisa teams ever (and that's saying a lot).

Region C:
Millbrook finishes 8-2 with losses to Sherando and Liberty, while Liberty goes 10-0, earning the 1 seed. Sherando doesn't lose again, getting the 2 seed at 9-1. Woodgrove will also finish in the top 4, Kettle Run goes 7-3, getting the 5. This is the region where there might be some more major upsets, but I end up seeing a Millbrook-Sherando rematch in which Sherando wins and ultimately plays Woodgrove for the championship after the Wolverines beat Liberty. Sherando wins Region C.

Region D:
EC Glass goes 9-1 (losses to Amherst) and gets the 1. Blacksburg the 2 and 9-1, then GW at 9-1, Salem and Charlottesville at 8-2, Amherst at 7-3, JF goes 5-5 I think. So, unfortunately for my Knights, I see a Salem-Cville matchup in the first round, where CHS puts up a great fight but losses (we'll see about that). That sets up a Salem-EC Glass bash and Amherst and GW also get a rematch. GW is good indeed, but the weak district schedule won't prepare them for Amherst again. So that sets up Blacksburg-Amherst, where Blacksburg wins. So I see a Salem-Blacksburg Region D champ, where I honestly don't know who would pull it out, history shows Salem, but that ugly loss last week...I just don't know. Blacksburg wins Region D.

Dinwiddie beats King's Fork in the first state semifinal in a real close game, and then Blacksburg pulls it out over Sherando.

Sounds pretty good. Where do you think William Byrd will end up in region D?

Region A:

Region B:

Region C:

Region D:

Dinwiddie has to take care of business Friday night against a really good Thomas Dale team who have several players with D-1 offers. Very few people in our area think my Generals will win this one. Going to be an old school, low scoring game with major implications for both teams.

Region C:

I could see this end result happening, but I don't think Sherando will end up anything better than 8-2 at the end of the regular season. They play Martinsburg on the 6th, and Martinsburg would likely destroy most Virginia schools regardless of classification.

Could also see Millbrook losing to Kettle Run this weekend. I don't think they will, but they've given up a ton of points to lowly teams the past two weeks.

Very interesting but having not seen KF play and 6 games to go I hold my opinion. It would be interesting to play Dinwiddie finally, up here in Wanner Stadium. But Lafayette still has a very tough game at 4-0 Poquoson that is a very possible loss.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Very interesting but having not seen KF play and 6 games to go I hold my opinion. It would be interesting to play Dinwiddie finally, up here in Wanner Stadium. But Lafayette still has a very tough game at 4-0 Poquoson that is a very possible loss.
Dinwiddie has never lost at Wanner!!! LOL

Well I am not wild about that ending but Dinwiddie and blacksburg are certainly 2 bety good teams capable of producing that outcome.

Deep creek losing 4 games seems ridiculously unlikely to me and if LT losses to Phebous in my book they are finished

Yep, we have been there. Jamestown, remember.

I will tell you, it's a really fun place to watch a football game. I'm not typically a rail bird, but I love standing at the fence, at the scoreboard end. You are just about 10 yards from the goal line.

I guess these ole county boys can use their tracking instincts and find their way down there, if the need arises. But to keep it simple, how about if you just come to our place again this year. We promise to be a hospitable host.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Well I am not wild about that ending but Dinwiddie and blacksburg are certainly 2 bety good teams capable of producing that outcome.

Deep creek losing 4 games seems ridiculously unlikely to me and if LT losses to Phebous in my book they are finished
How many state Championship appearances or football state championship has Monacan won

Region A:

Region B:

Region C:

Region D:

Very thorough this took some time it appears... I'll wait until after week 7/8 to post my predictions

I could see this end result happening, but I don't think Sherando will end up anything better than 8-2 at the end of the regular season. They play Martinsburg on the 6th, and Martinsburg would likely destroy most Virginia schools regardless of classification.

Could also see Millbrook losing to Kettle Run this weekend. I don't think they will, but they've given up a ton of points to lowly teams the past two weeks.
Don't be fooled by KRs record they are not that good. If they do beat Millbrook that in it's self says a lot

Yep, we have been there. Jamestown, remember.

I will tell you, it's a really fun place to watch a football game. I'm not typically a rail bird, but I love standing at the fence, at the scoreboard end. You are just about 10 yards from the goal line.

I guess these ole county boys can use their tracking instincts and find their way down there, if the need arises. But to keep it simple, how about if you just come to our place again this year. We promise to be a hospitable host.
Forgot all about Jamestown, I don't think that was much of a game. You know me, I am always looking for the shortest ride, sorry, our place, if we make it that far!

Reactions: mbonape1

We will know how unlikely those 4 are after this weekend. They have Indian River, which will be their first true test. Western Branch is a decent team but not one of the tougher games DC will play this year by far.

A win against Indian River would be huge.

A loss and the other three losses aren't that far of a stretch. They will still have Smith, KF, and Nansemond River. The other two games are Lakeland and Hickory.

I wouldn't say it's that far of a stretch. It will be fun to see it play out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT