ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the oldest?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Where and when did he play, and how old is the oldest known former high school football player in Virginia?

I got to wondering about this after I made the post about Dinwiddie's very first football team.

(Bleeding Navy was my first guess!)

Reactions: SFUWO
Where and when did he play, and how old is the oldest known former high school football player in Virginia?

I got to wondering about this after I made the post about Dinwiddie's very first football team.

(Bleeding Navy was my first guess!)
I’m guessing someone might still be around that played in 1950. That puts them around 85

My dad is 79. Won the state championship at Jefferson Senior in 1957.
Shoot, I forgot about him.

Unless someone knows of someone older, your dad will be declared the champ.

I wonder about Chilhowie25? I know he is one of the grand old gentleman on this board. I assume he played back in his day?

There are some officials in 70s+. I know one around here that is probably 80+, and used to coach at VSDB. Whether he played in Va or not I am not sure

Where Kenny Easley is likely best known as "The Enforcer" and being the NFL Hall of fame enductee from Oscar Smith. But the Football Stadium is named: Beard - DeLong - Easley.

Ed Beard, Class of 59, still comes to games nearly every week and climbs to the near top row of the bleachers to watch the games. He is the definition of a Bad A#$. As you read the below link, realize what he did.

https://vasportshof.com/inductee/edward-leroy-ed-beard/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT