ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next teams to step up in Division four?

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
Over the last five years the champions have been Lake Taylor, Dinwiddie, and then Salem three times. Lake Taylor and Dinwiddie had just dropped down from division 5 along with Phoebus to division 3. Last year those teams were Monacan, Lafayette, and Blacksburg. Blacksburg still has talent and a three year starter at QB along with a new coach. Will E.C. Glass become a player? Monacan has been real close at least two times.. What about Amherst with their new coach?

Woodgrove. They have the potential to go on a Broad Run/Briar Woods-type run this year. As far as longer term players from Region C go I'd say it'll be the usual suspects plus Tuscarora.

Actually I didn't, I was thinking Louisa as my first choice and then I looked at other teams that had lost close games in the playoffs. Sorry about that.. No disrespect intended whatsoever..

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
In fact Louisa has a great following. The whole county shuts down when they play. They undoubtedly have a great future. SALEM played very tough from 1983 to finally in 1996 when they finally won their first state title.

Louisa had lost close games in 2014, 15, and 16 (15 and 16 they were in striking distance in the 4th qtr) and got over the hump last year, so I thought they would be the main example of a team that stepped up. Blacksburg showed their mettle in 3A in 2016 and then against Salem last year. The other two mentioned teams happened to lose to us, but were already in the contender conversations the last few years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT