ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the favorites in 2017?

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Anyone care to post their top 5 from the east and west

Richlands will be back again, they have a really good backup QB who can throw the ball pretty well, maybe not quite as good as John Luke, but very good, but he is a good runner as well. Most if not all the line is back as well as most of the D.

Very unlikely, unless you get another transfer, like you did Rogers, from Millbrook.

b1d.png

Losing a lot, but we will compete in the district. Your response doesn't even begin to address my post. I'm assuming youre yet another CC fan who is easily offended.

I'm a Giles fan who lives in your area. Just notice you have a dislike for Clarke, a real bad dislike, that is kinda funny. I do however think Clarke is overrated year in and out. I just laugh at you, a 4A fan, trolling a 2A team.

I watch and keep up with a lot of HS football. I will say this much, from the Staunton area and South, its a completely different football culture. Sherando is the only team in area with any kinda of tradition. Clarke is getting close.

I watch and keep up with a lot of HS football. I will say this much, from the Staunton area and South, its a completely different football culture. Sherando is the only team in area with any kinda of tradition.
I agree. Salem showed us culture. Sherando definitely has a culture to be proud of. Loudoun County is more specialization in sports. CC will compete in the district next year. They will be motivated since they lost the district to Central. As stated earlier this year, they are predictable and as long as they continue to be, they will lose.

Reactions: vman3196
I'm a Giles fan who lives in your area. Just notice you have a dislike for Clarke, a real bad dislike, that is kinda funny. I do however think Clarke is overrated year in and out. I just laugh at you, a 4A fan, trolling a 2A team.
Curious, why do you think Clarke is overrated? They've made the playoffs the last several years, even made it to the state finals last year. As for the troll, I guess he thinks Millbrook would have done better if they still had Rogers, I dunno.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hburghokie
Curious, why do you think Clarke is overrated? They've made the playoffs the last several years, even made it to the state finals last year. As for the troll, I guess he thinks Millbrook would have done better if they still had Rogers, I dunno.

Maybe overrated wasn't the right word. I guess I see it as not the toughest regular season schedule played. I get that you can only do so much with a schedule. It hurts Clarke not having quality 2A or 3A teams to play in the area week in and out.

Maybe overrated wasn't the right word. I guess I see it as not the toughest regular season schedule played. I get that you can only do so much with a schedule. It hurts Clarke not having quality 2A or 3A teams to play in the area week in and out.
Well, they new schedule for next season has us playing Dominion for our first game. Talk about jumping into the fire!

Clarke has same problem we have at Union, many folks just don't want to play us and the distance to even 3-a schools is to much for a Friday regular season game. Out of state, Kentucky schools lack discipline and weak officiating can kill you. Tennessee seems to be a better fit but there again, many don't want to play you.

Union should be pretty good next year. Have to wait and see!

I agree. Salem showed us culture. Sherando definitely has a culture to be proud of. Loudoun County is more specialization in sports. CC will compete in the district next year. They will be motivated since they lost the district to Central. As stated earlier this year, they are predictable and as long as they continue to be, they will lose.
Split the district title btw..........as central lost to Strasburg and Strasburg had 2 losses. Just trying to clarify. That's 8 district titles in the last 10 years with 3 state qtr final appearances and 1 state final appearance. I don't know the overall record over 10 years but I do know it's quite impressive. As I've said before---if a program is only defined by a state title then that is just sad for many of the really good programs in the state and that is when and where the "trolls" begin on boards such as this. I won't stoop to those levels ever vs any school as winning fb games is hard to do as coaches don't go recruit the kids but have to play the hand they are dealt. Very difficult to fit a square peg in a round hole with systems and players as it is so easy to say "develop a passing game". Clarke just graduated the schools all time passing leader 2 years ago and will graduate the schools all time leading rusher this year. Kids come and go with different talent levels and good programs find a way to make it work. Clarke and Sherando have done that from our area during that time span and I'm proud of both schools as it is always hard to weather the storm. My sincere hope is Handley/Millbrook/James Wood can do the same over the next decade as quite honestly it brings more respectability to our area for football. Unlike you -i will not ever root (unless playing clarke im any sport) or diminish any of these schools in any way.

So-- I would have to say that about 85% or more programs across the state would take the Eagles resume and run with it.
Never mind bud, I tell ya what, just stop on down to the weight room and feel free to introduce yourself to the coaches and spew your infinite wisdom as I know they will be in there busting their rear ends working with my son along with the rest of the players OR you can Just keep trolling along.....I'm guessing which one it will be......

Good luck to both Appo and Richlands this weekend as it will be special for both teams.

Split the district title btw..........as central lost to Strasburg
Do district titles even exist anymore? CC, one district loss to Central. Central, one district loss. Central beat CC head to head so the BRD title goes to Central.

That's 8 district titles in the last 10 years with 3 state qtr final appearances
Again, do district titles even exist? State Quarters, ha.

Clarke and Sherando have done that from our area during that time span and I'm proud of both schools as it is always hard to weather the storm
You're not even close to being in their class. That's the whole problem with the CC program. They think different.

I tell ya what, just stop on down to the weight room and feel free to introduce yourself to the coaches and spew your infinite wisdom as I know they will be in there busting their rear ends working with my son
Odd post

Do district titles even exist anymore? CC, one district loss to Central. Central, one district loss. Central beat CC head to head so the BRD title goes to Central.

If you want to do it that way, Central lost to Strasburg, who Clarke beat, sooooo????

Yes, they do.

http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/2016/11/defense-run-game-earn-central-win/

Here's the first part of the article:

"WOODSTOCK – Most nights, the Central High School football team’s run game is strong enough to stand alone, but when the opposition hands the ball back to the Falcons on four turnovers, the partial Bull Run District champion is hard to beat..."

And according to the VHSL site, Clarke has been ranked #1 in the Bull Run District since 2007 except for 2012 when Central was #1. http://vhsl-reference.com/master_wl_allyears_district.cfm?parameter=seasonl&District=Bull Run

Again, don't understand your bitterness. Let it go.

Last edited:
Reactions: BullRunFootball

You're not even close to being in their class. That's the whole problem with the CC program. They think different.

Odd post[/QUOTE
Nothing odd about any of my post........Not at all. You disrespect the kids and coaches from Clarke at any given chance so feel free to drive the 7 miles down the road and go in and have a conversation like a man......Clarke and Sherando are by far the most relative programs for their respective classification in our area and it's not even open for discussion. That is how jaded you are as I'm not saying Clarke and Sherando are the same but look at their resume over the past 10 years and it's pretty close for their classifications. I guess Clarke should apologize for treating their kids different and know they are not "just a program" but a VERY good program. I apologize for them......I guess?!?!?!?

Just for the record---- state qtrs is state qtrs no matter how much you want to bash it. Ask the kids across the state if district titles mean anything anymore. Pretty sure that is one of the first goals of any program once district play begins unless I'm totally off base (which I'm not).

I'm pretty sure it was special for the kids and coaches of Millbrook to get 1 this year. They should be proud but then again you are even demeaning that for them as you talk about districts.....Good job with that.

I'm going to leave you with 2 final things as it clearly sums up what you are

1-Everyone hates a winner----2-haters gonna hate. Congrats being both.

I wanted to wait until after our game, but Appo returns all skill positions except 2 rb's. 2 rb's are ready though to replace them. They lose both lines and a couple of lbs. If they can be replaced then Appo can be in contention. . There is still speed on this team
Biggest issue is D, not O, we have the players to recover on O, but not D.

I know about HR6 and the "G". I expect Giles and several others will be good. Richlands will be tough with their returning lineman . Appo will reload .... The camps they go to really make a huge difference ...Appy State runs a great one. I hope the experience gap will come fast...but Buckingham and Heritage games are early tests... Not sure if we have Rustburg again...but if so they will be tough as well.

Odd post
Clarke has made the playoffs 10 years in a row, I think that speaks for itself. They have also consistently played up to 3A and 4A due to the fact there are not many 2A teams close. BTW Clarke split BRD with Central they both had one district loss, doesn't matter who beat who, Clarke was also ranked higher than Central in playoff seatings..

Clarke has made the playoffs 10 years in a row, I think that speaks for itself. They have also consistently played up to 3A and 4A due to the fact there are not many 2A teams close. BTW Clarke split BRD with Central they both had one district loss, doesn't matter who beat who, Clarke was also ranked higher than Central in playoff seatings..
How can you split a district title if the head-to-head is the tie breaker?

Back in 2009 when Goochland was in the Jefferson, they went 6-1 in the district play, loss to Charlottesville. However they beat Western (who beat C-ville) to give them their only loss in the district. Goochland had the tie breaker and was the JD champs, but Western said they were the co-champs, and even had a huge banner made for the next season.

16 teams, I hope so

Thank you. Everyone knows Central is the outright BRD champ except CC. The Northern Virginia Daily indicated Central was the outright champ.
BRD does not use head to head tiebreaker,there have been many co champs. Also not sure what you read in the Daily might want to check your facts, but here's a quote from Centrals football coach after they lost in the playoffs. If Central's Coach and Clarke's Coach both talk about being co champs I think they know what they are talkinig about.
http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/2016/11/falcons-fall-in-shootout-to-eagles/

Yew said he was still very happy with the season the Falcons had.

“How can you not be (happy),” Yew said. “We were 9-3, co-Bull Run District champions. We lost to a very good football team. We got a good group of seniors, had a great senior year and a lot to be proud of. I’m proud of my coaches and my players. I thought we had a very good season.”

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarkeFan83
How can you split a district title if the head-to-head is the tie breaker?

Back in 2009 when Goochland was in the Jefferson, they went 6-1 in the district play, loss to Charlottesville. However they beat Western (who beat C-ville) to give them their only loss in the district. Goochland had the tie breaker and was the JD champs, but Western said they were the co-champs, and even had a huge banner made for the next season.
Bull Run does not do head to head tiebreakers, there have been many co champs, based solely on win/loss district games
From VHSL

68-4-4 Determining Championships
-The League declares football champions in each classification at the district level and has provisions for single division champions at the regional and state levels. District champions are determined on the basis of their won-and-lost records, as prescribed in this Handbook
and by each school’s compliance with all provisions in this section.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT