ADVERTISEMENT

Wild scene in Ohio

1MoreHokie

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2005
Lot to digest here so hold onto your butts:

IMG Academy, home to umpteen blue chippers, just beat Bishop Sycamore (OH) 58-0. If you know HSFB you know about IMG, that doesn't seem crazy. ESPN even showed up to film the battle as they are want to do. Why film such a massacre? Well, BS (important initials here) said "hey, we've got a bunch of FBS prospects as well, this will be a good game" and ESPN, home of due diligence, agreed. Here's where things get strange. Not only does BS not have a single FBS prospect on the roster, they sent out a press release saying otherwise and naming potential prospects who aren't even enrolled at the school which is how they duped ESPN. Not only that but BS is an online charter school (read: scam) with no physical presence in the state and is not even eligible for post-season play in Ohio. Oh, and that was their SECOND GAME IN THREE DAYS.

Everything about that game was wrong and I also find making kids play two games in three days time to be wildly irresponsible and worthy of being fired. Scam school lying out one end and through to the other, putting kids at unnecessary risk, everything about it is dumb and bad. Bet you a shiny nickel this school will cease to exist under this name in a few years, move a state or two away, and pop up again.

BS also only has 5 wins in the school history. So, do you believe ESPN's claim they got scammed? I sure as heck don't. But then again, I don't believe the media anyway.

It's the Life Christian of Ohio.
I wouldn't group them in the same category. At least one national forum has been discussing BS for a while. They have been accused of many things like fake names and addresses, fraud, and use of post-grad players. I told my friends to not bother watching the game.

It was a horrible display and the announcers were even making comments about the team and that it was not a good representation of Ohio football. BS looked horribly coached and come on, they didn't even have matching helmets. Some had black face masks, red facemasks, different color chin straps. A few helmets looked like they were spray painted black.

BS also refused a running clock in the 1st half. That staff should be looked at for unethical standards and practices.

What in the world is Beacon Hill Home School?! They are going to Camden Co(GA) next game. They will get beat 100-0! That is the equivalent of playing Highland Springs! They will absolutely embarrass themselves and the state of VA.

What in the world is Beacon Hill Home School?! They are going to Camden Co(GA) next game. They will get beat 100-0! That is the equivalent of playing Highland Springs! They will absolutely embarrass themselves and the state of VA.
They forfeited a game against Virginia Spartans (another homeschool team) last year due to lack of players. Always a sign of a program that is ready to take on a national schedule.

Latest info:

- HC allegedly has an active arrest warrant and multiple lawsuits against him alleging, shocker, fraud.

- Many players on the team are not high school aged (19-21)!!!

Oh, and the coach refused a running clock in the IMG game after his kids were in the midst of their second game in less than 48 hours (also not the first time BS has apparently pulled this stunt either).

Pressure needs to be put on the rest of the teams on their schedule to do the correct thing and drop the game. Illegal players, a HC who is clearly a criminal and an abhorrent coach with zero love for the charges under his care, everything about this is bad and for the health and safety of those kids their season needs to end immediately.

Latest info:

- HC allegedly has an active arrest warrant and multiple lawsuits against him alleging, shocker, fraud.

- Many players on the team are not high school aged (19-21)!!!

Oh, and the coach refused a running clock in the IMG game after his kids were in the midst of their second game in less than 48 hours (also not the first time BS has apparently pulled this stunt either).

Pressure needs to be put on the rest of the teams on their schedule to do the correct thing and drop the game. Illegal players, a HC who is clearly a criminal and an abhorrent coach with zero love for the charges under his care, everything about this is bad and for the health and safety of those kids their season needs to end immediately.
If those "kids" are age 19-21, they aren't kids.

Bishop Sycamore is actually supposed to face LCA on 10/29 according to their schedule on Maxpreps. I'm betting that game is called off.

They played Catholic High (former Bishop Sullivan) in 2019. The BS Bowl...

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
They played Catholic High (former Bishop Sullivan) in 2019. The BS Bowl...

Lol. Good find. I guess they figured might as well go big since they'd been getting away with it. IMG though probably a little too bold. Wonder what happens to those games now. I'm sure there will be an investigation. Probably multiple investigations as Ohio State Board of Education likely gets involved.

Lol. Good find. I guess they figured might as well go big since they'd been getting away with it. IMG though probably a little too bold. Wonder what happens to those games now. I'm sure there will be an investigation. Probably multiple investigations as Ohio State Board of Education likely gets involved.
If they lose games, they could fall from this ranking...

Football is getting as bad as basketball with all of these slimey characters and teams. I don't want to sound like 'that guy', but I miss the old days when you played with the guys you grew up with and against the guys from the next town! If you worked hard, you might get to play some guys from the other side of the state in the playoffs on a muddy field in December

I agree with bulldog. Why would Ohio board of education get involved when none of these places even closely resemble a school.

Reactions: WP02alum
What I would like to know is how the heck were they able to book Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium for this game?

The latest:

- HC fired

- Three teams cancelled games

- OH governor has ordered investigation

Sounds better but when you realize that the AD who fired the HC is not only the OL/DL coach but also the founder of the school it seems like the HC was just the fall guy.

We Hillbillies in WV and Eastern Ky figured out this farce in 2019 when Sycamore scheduled two WV schools and an Eastern KY school. We figured it out way before any games were actually played and those games were cancelled. Maybe ESPN should hire some hillbillies to do their research?
Well, when you consider the leanings of ESPN, calling on people with common sense to help them out goes against everything they stand for.💩

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT