ADVERTISEMENT

Winchester/Frederick County Predictions

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Assuming any of these games get played I think there's a decent chance that all the area teams win this weekend.

Millbrook vs. Turner Ashby
Millbrook won last year's contest 62-34 in a game that left many questioning the Pioneers' defense. Last year the Knights were 0-3 going into the game against Millbrook, this year they are 1-2 (with the lone win coming over Monticello, a team they lost to 56-7). I suspect Turner Ashby is improved over last year's 2-8 outing but I also don't think it'll be enough to beat the Pioneers.

Millbrook wins 49-20.

Handley @ Skyline
Last year the Hawks fell 40-0 to the Judges and with the Judges being improved over last year I think it could be another blowout. I'm not sure what happened up in Warren County to cause Skyline's decline. For a few years they could compete with anyone in the area. I think Handley moves to 4-0 for the first time since 2009.

Handley wins 42-13.

Sherando @ Loudoun Valley
This is an interesting game because Loudoun Valley is coming off a bye week after playing Martinsburg and Stone Bridge, while Sherando will have had a very short week, having played last Friday at Broadway. The Vikings will know what it's like to play against high-level competition and will have had ample time to prepare for this game, especially with it being moved up a couple days. Sherando won last year's contest 50-20 with Loudoun Valley getting a couple garbage time touchdowns. I think the score this year will be similar, but Sherando's starters will likely have to play for most of the game this time.

Sherando wins 49-18.

James Wood vs. Warren County
Warren County won last year 35-8 in route to a 7-5 season and a second round playoff exit. The Wildcats were expected to make another playoff run this year but things haven't gone according to plan with early losses to Handley and Kettle Run. The Wildcats are coming off a bye week so they'll have had plenty of time to prepare for whatever James Wood brings to the table. That said, James Wood is coming off a win against Skyline and very nearly took down 6A Justice the week before. This should be the closest area game of the week.

I'll takes the Colonels 21-20.

Assuming any of these games get played I think there's a decent chance that all the area teams win this weekend.

Millbrook vs. Turner Ashby
Millbrook won last year's contest 62-34 in a game that left many questioning the Pioneers' defense. Last year the Knights were 0-3 going into the game against Millbrook, this year they are 1-2 (with the lone win coming over Monticello, a team they lost to 56-7). I suspect Turner Ashby is improved over last year's 2-8 outing but I also don't think it'll be enough to beat the Pioneers.

Millbrook wins 49-20.

Handley @ Skyline
Last year the Hawks fell 40-0 to the Judges and with the Judges being improved over last year I think it could be another blowout. I'm not sure what happened up in Warren County to cause Skyline's decline. For a few years they could compete with anyone in the area. I think Handley moves to 4-0 for the first time since 2009.

Handley wins 42-13.

Sherando @ Loudoun Valley
This is an interesting game because Loudoun Valley is coming off a bye week after playing Martinsburg and Stone Bridge, while Sherando will have had a very short week, having played last Friday at Broadway. The Vikings will know what it's like to play against high-level competition and will have had ample time to prepare for this game, especially with it being moved up a couple days. Sherando won last year's contest 50-20 with Loudoun Valley getting a couple garbage time touchdowns. I think the score this year will be similar, but Sherando's starters will likely have to play for most of the game this time.

Sherando wins 49-18.

James Wood vs. Warren County
Warren County won last year 35-8 in route to a 7-5 season and a second round playoff exit. The Wildcats were expected to make another playoff run this year but things haven't gone according to plan with early losses to Handley and Kettle Run. The Wildcats are coming off a bye week so they'll have had plenty of time to prepare for whatever James Wood brings to the table. That said, James Wood is coming off a win against Skyline and very nearly took down 6A Justice the week before. This should be the closest area game of the week.

I'll takes the Colonels 21-20.
Not trying to be critical, but Turner Ashby looked liked a small JV team against Eastern View a couple weeks ago. I thought they looked bigger/better last year ever though the result was pretty much the same.

Reactions: Shruikan
Handley @ Skyline

Handley wins 42-13.

I think it will be a little closer then that, not saying the Hawks will win or lose, but they should compete. As for what happened in Warren County, it was the end of the youth football program that killed Warren County.

I think it will be a little closer then that, not saying the Hawks will win or lose, but they should compete. As for what happened in Warren County, it was the end of the youth football program that killed Warren County.

That's a shame. From 2012-2015 or so it looked like they were moving in the right direction. And I hope you're right about my prediction, closer games often means bigger crowds down the road.

Reactions: Rev_Real
I think your predictions are fine, but let me say this. Justice must be a sorry team, I don't care if it is Class 6. Because James Wood's best players did not even play in that game. If those same players had not played against Skyline, Skyline wins by 2 touchdowns, at least. Crowder and Hoberg are that good for Wood.

I think your predictions are fine, but let me say this. Justice must be a sorry team, I don't care if it is Class 6. Because James Wood's best players did not even play in that game. If those same players had not played against Skyline, Skyline wins by 2 touchdowns, at least. Crowder and Hoberg are that good for Wood.
Justice, more recently known as Stuart, is historically a very weak D5 program that just moved to D6. They often struggle even in their conference, which is arguably the weakest in the NOVA area.

Finals
Sherando 56, Loudoun Valley 14
Handley 35, Skyline 0
Millbrook 67, Turner Ashby 28
James Wood 27, Warren County 14

That's a shame. From 2012-2015 or so it looked like they were moving in the right direction. And I hope you're right about my prediction, closer games often means bigger crowds down the road.

Warren County lost its momentum when Double T left for LOCO.

Reactions: Rev_Real
I think it will be a little closer then that, not saying the Hawks will win or lose, but they should compete. As for what happened in Warren County, it was the end of the youth football program that killed Warren County

End of youth Football?? Just so happens, Front Royal Midget Football League plays in the Apple Valley League, which consist of Frederick County, Clarke County and Fauquier County. So actually the level of youth competition has gone up. As for Skyline......maybe look at Gilberts record. That's as far as you need to look.

End of youth Football?? Just so happens, Front Royal Midget Football League plays in the Apple Valley League, which consist of Frederick County, Clarke County and Fauquier County. So actually the level of youth competition has gone up. As for Skyline......maybe look at Gilberts record. That's as far as you need to look.
Wonder how much longer they're going to allow the term "Midget Football League".

I would agree with that last statement, but I really don't think he is the problem, and Front Royal Midget Football League only consists of 2 teams instead of 4, and competes with the Wildhawks to get kids to play, and are the kids competing against the Fauquier teams? Do they compete when playing against the Frederick County teams? Not from what I'm hearing, cant build a program if your fighting for kids...………..Facts

This just in....all MG Midgets from the 1960's-1980's have a new emblem. They will now be called the MG Little Car.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
How much longer is Millbrook's Savon Smith going to be sidelined? What was his injury? It sucks that he is on the sidelines his senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT